SEOPS Hippo

ORANGE BOWL OHIO STATE/ CLEMSON

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ORANGE BOWL OHIO STATE/ CLEMSON

Post by noreply66 »

Woody Hayes will surely be watching and pacing the side lines.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Heart says OSU. Head says a BCS hangover has Bucks going home empty handed.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:Woody Hayes will surely be watching and pacing the side lines.
Yeah, gonna be a lot of fun watching replays this month of the old man going berserk! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Going with the Bucks, but making no prediction this time. I think I gave them a little bad luck last time. :shock: But I will say this, if they can get the defensive secondary in another gear they come home with the win. GO BUCKS!!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

My main concern for this game is that Urban doesn't clothes line Sammy Watkins going down the sideline lol.

Obviously the pass defense has struggled all year and clemson is a great passing team with one of, if not the best receiver in the nation in Sammy Watkins. Roby wants to get a head start on locking down NFL receivers he'll get his shot. South Carolina and FSU laid the blue print to beat clemson and that is pressure Tajh Boyd. He doesn't do wel under pressure and is prone to make mistakes. If they let him set in the pocket and find his receivers it will be a long night for the defense. I'd bring continuous pressure and blitz the hell out of him. He may beat ya on a few plays but given the secondary he's gonna do that if you don't blitz so id take the chance and hope for mistakes in Boyd's part.

Ohio state shouldn't have any issues scoring. Could easily be a big day for Hyde in last game as a buckeye. I think the buckeyes pound the ball down their throats with Hyde and braxton.

Look for a high scoring game with a lot of offense from both sides

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:My main concern for this game is that Urban doesn't clothes line Sammy Watkins going down the sideline lol.

Obviously the pass defense has struggled all year and clemson is a great passing team with one of, if not the best receiver in the nation in Sammy Watkins. Roby wants to get a head start on locking down NFL receivers he'll get his shot. South Carolina and FSU laid the blue print to beat clemson and that is pressure Tajh Boyd. He doesn't do wel under pressure and is prone to make mistakes. If they let him set in the pocket and find his receivers it will be a long night for the defense. I'd bring continuous pressure and blitz the hell out of him. He may beat ya on a few plays but given the secondary he's gonna do that if you don't blitz so id take the chance and hope for mistakes in Boyd's part.

Ohio state shouldn't have any issues scoring. Could easily be a big day for Hyde in last game as a buckeye. I think the buckeyes pound the ball down their throats with Hyde and braxton.

Agreed, and to take it a step further, our best defense will be our offense. The longer Hyde is bruising between the tackles eating up yards and clock, the better! Go Bucks!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The Oaf wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:My main concern for this game is that Urban doesn't clothes line Sammy Watkins going down the sideline lol.

Agreed, and to take it a step further, our best defense will be our offense. The longer Hyde is bruising between the tackles eating up yards and clock, the better! Go Bucks!
I agree completely. Pull a little tressel ball on them and pound the rock and control the clock. Dantonio did a good job of it Saturday night

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Boyd has passed for 3,500 yards this season. Clemson is averaging 40 points per game and 500 yards of offense. OSU will need to score 50 plus to probably win this game, as Boyd will pass for near season or career highs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like this.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I just don't think the pass defense will be better in 3 weeks.......Clemson has a QB and receiver set that could put up some big numbers on the Buckeyes........but I also believe that Ohio State can win the game in a scorefest........the Tigers defense has proven vulnerable also. Most likely the Buckeyes will have to put up at least 40 to win........and I agree with the above posters that Carlos Hyde should get a lot of touches, with Braxton sharing the load.......our best defense may be a ball control offense. GO BUCKEYES!!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I'm sorry but I think we get smashed in this game. Hell we made Gardner and Gallion look like gods and Watkins's and Boyd are ten times better I bet Clemson goes for 750 yrds of total offense. I have literally lost all faith in our defense. On a side note if getting beat by Clemson means fickell is gone then I say Go Tigers I have literally had it. Call me a turn coat or fair weather but the bleeding has to stop.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Hey Bait, think we can get Whaley and Fry to play a little one on one in the Tank for this game? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT MAY HAPPEN. I'M REAL CONCERNED ABOUT OUR SECONDARY--------------LIKE A SCREEN DOOR ON A SUBMARINE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we have made the last 2 qb's look like marino and Elway. -----------------that concerns ole bait

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

My concern is the team will have an emotional letdown after the B1G Championship game. We may well lose this bowl. But after 24 straight wins, is that what it takes to steel the returners to know what it takes to run the table next year and drink from the chalice?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Lets just pray MSU don't get killed in the Rose Bowl,I can't imagine what that would do to their confidence level entering this game,on the other hand a Sparty win would give them a good boost I would think.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Stanford should handle MSU. And very easily. But the layoff makes it a little more interesting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not so sure about that, I see a lot of similarities between msu and Stanford. both are extremely physical. and I think msu can play with anybody in the country right now.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Well I certainly dont agree with the statement that MSU can play with anyone in the country because I am assuming that you think they would be victorious against some of the better squads in the USA. Not buying it. I will agree with your perception about both teams being somewhat similar in how they try to get things done.But that is it.

Return to “College Sports”