OHIO STATE/ MICHIGAN STATE-BIG TEN CHAMP.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: OHIO STATE/ MICHIGAN STATE-BIG TEN CHAMP.

Post by dazed&confused »

Article in Dispatch says mathematically that OSU wins and they're in. Period!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I can't see ohio state being jumped as long as they take care of business Saturday night.

Sparty will be fired up and motivated I'm sure. Gonna be a heck of a battle. IMO, Ohio state us gonna have to pass the ball to win. They'll be able to run but they'll have to be balanced. If they just come out running I'm sure Sparty will load the box, put their 2 good corners in man coverage and make braxton beat them with his arm much as we did against Wisconsin. If miller has success throwing early, it will open up the run game for Hyde and himself

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Oaf wrote:The ramifications of this game are staggering! Win and we're going to the BCS championship game, lose and we head to the Capital One Bowl!
The ramifications are indeed huge. Did TOSU emotionally drain themselves in Ann Arbor? Are the Bucks already making plans for the NCG? Has Sparty been quitely and methodically going about game planning and execution without burning themselves up. The pressure is on the Buckeyes, My head says Sparty wins, the heart says the Buckeyes. Myer will have
to prove his coaching mettle to win this one as Sparty is the best team they will have faced to date this year.

gobucks85
Waterboy

Post by gobucks85 »

Espn Brad Edwards said only way OSU gets jumped after a win saturday would be if People who vote for Auburn purposely rank tOSU at like 5,6,7 to hurt their ranking. I can See SEC cry babies doing something like that. BC this is the last year for the Harris Poll and these guys who are on this poll have nothing to lose.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

OK so when did Michigan State become the 85 Bears! :roll: Go Bucks! 8)

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Omega wrote:
The Oaf wrote:The ramifications of this game are staggering! Win and we're going to the BCS championship game, lose and we head to the Capital One Bowl!
The ramifications are indeed huge. Did TOSU emotionally drain themselves in Ann Arbor? Are the Bucks already making plans for the NCG? Has Sparty been quitely and methodically going about game planning and execution without burning themselves up. The pressure is on the Buckeyes, My head says Sparty wins, the heart says the Buckeyes. Myer will have
to prove his coaching mettle to win this one as Sparty is the best team they will have faced to date this year.
Personally, I think the game in Ann Arbor may have been one of the better things to happen to the team. Bring em back a notch and show they're not invincible. They've pounded their past 4 opponents so it may have served some awakening and inspiration to step it up. I highly doubt they're already thinking NCG. They know what's ahead of them and know they must take care of business against a Sparty team that's ready to ball out. The pressure has been on Ohio state all season and they continue to take care of business. I expect the same this weekend. I look to the see a very focused team Saturday that's ready to be B1G champs and catch a flight to Pasadena in the coming weeks.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

gobucks85 wrote:Espn Brad Edwards said only way OSU gets jumped after a win saturday would be if People who vote for Auburn purposely rank tOSU at like 5,6,7 to hurt their ranking. I can See SEC cry babies doing something like that. BC this is the last year for the Harris Poll and these guys who are on this poll have nothing to lose.
The good thing is the coaches poll will be made public this weekend so the douche bags will be known. I think if anything you will see most SEC coaches vote osu 3 and sec champ 2. The exception IMO would be Bret beliema and possibly muschamp, those 2 aren't fans of meyer mad would possibly be the type to vote osu extremely low, especially Bret.

I think outside the south, most coaches will vote osu 2 accordingly because frankly I'm sure they're as sick of hearing sec sec sec as everyone else outside of the south.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There are a number of keys as always in any game, but I really think that it will be difficult for the Spartans stingy D to hold the Buckeyes to under 24-27 points. The OSU defense did not play well at Michigan, but the D has had some pretty good games this year, but hasn't consistently played at a top level. MSU doesn't have an explosive offense, but I look for something tricky from Coach Dantonio at some point of the game. I also look for the Spartans to run some screens which Michigan ran very well against the Buckeyes.

I think the maligned OSU defense can keep Sparty to 17 points. The D will be out to prove that they are better than what they showed in the Big House. Hopefully a win will clinch a berth in the NC for OSU........it should based on the math, and I agree with GoBuckeyes 2786 in that the talk of the SEC every year may work in Ohio State's favor when the final votes are made. It just may be a case of wanting to see someone different in the title game, although I think going 25-0 in two years should deserve a chance to play for the NC.

The Buckeyes non-conference schedule is not strong, but they can do nothing about the B10 schedule. Wisconsin losing to Penn State didn't help the Buckeyes win over the Badgers earlier this year, but OSU did beat Penn State 63-14. It is still tough to go undefeated for 2 years playing in an AQ conference.

I listened to ND coach Brian Kelly and Gary Danielson on Dan Patrick's show and they believe that OSU should get the chance to play in the NC if they take care of business against MSU.......and Danielson works the SEC games every week.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

seeing as how MSU " LIT UP " Minny at home for 14 large , I'd expect the bucks to be able to hold them down. The truth is MSU sucks, there D has good stats because they have played NO ONE -- NADA , ZERO , No one thats worth a bowel movement . Tosu should roll them by 25-35 . If they dont , they suck more than I previously thought . If thats possible .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

my good gosh I just looked at MSU's schedule -- what a barf bag that was --- They lost to Touchdown Tommy Reis ???? I'll try to actually be a bit more serious here but Sparty doesnt have a single good win on the entire schedule . They only scored 14 VS Minny AND Purdue -- How in the hell can this bunch be ranked in the top ten ( at 10th ) . The ole play no one approach . Just let every one else lose .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

and scored 14 VS ND . This is very weak team .

The General
All State

Post by The General »

In some ways MD, not all but some, you are the smartest guy on here. Definitely correct here.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Geez MD hate to hear what you would say about Florida State's Strength of Schedule, according to sagrin its even worse than MSU :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

ManitouDan wrote:my good gosh I just looked at MSU's schedule -- what a barf bag that was --- They lost to Touchdown Tommy Reis ???? I'll try to actually be a bit more serious here but Sparty doesnt have a single good win on the entire schedule . They only scored 14 VS Minny AND Purdue -- How in the hell can this bunch be ranked in the top ten ( at 10th ) . The ole play no one approach . Just let every one else lose .
ImageImage
Don't be a hater, man!
Last edited by dazed&confused on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yeah MSU might as well not even show up against that big fat bass swimming in from C-town

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

If you had to point out a single top 15 win for MSU who would it be ?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't think anybody is on here beating their chest over what a monster schedule MSU or your beloved Buckeyes play, but you mention you don't understand how they could be ranked in the top 10 with suck a weak schedule,well since your not comlaining about FSU pathetic scheduling its alright to schedule weak if your ranked number 1 okay that makes sense! Just stay home Sparty md says its not worth it :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

They have the guts to play one of the SEC's best every year ( this year is an exception) and thats FAR more than be said of any big ten team ( except Penn st )

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bucks win this one by 3 td's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

one thing is for sure, everybody has given osu their best shots. thrown everything at them but the kitchen sink. i think our play was off from hearing all year no matter what no championship game, that coupled with what happened last year. it would be hard to stay focused. i personally think you'll see a different, much more focused and prepared buckeye team, with Alabama's loss. i hope i'm right.------------------i was wrong 1 other time, lol

Return to “College Sports”