OHIO STATE-WISCONSIN/BIG TEN OPENER

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Re: OHIO STATE-WISCONSIN/BIG TEN OPENER

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Plus as dubs said, the recruiting aspect. Believe I read they expect over 50 recruits be at the game Saturday.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The guy knocks more rust off against our defense in practice than he would have against FAMU
Boy aint that the truth!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Bucks win this one. Urban reaps another recruiting bonanza !

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope you're right my lil purple buddy. I wanna see some rings on these bucks. and get some new hats n tee shirts.
that say national champions

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

You know the more I think about it the more and more I get scared I have the worst feeling that Miller is going to screw up non stop I just feel like he is going to try to do to much and cost us this game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I swear a change scares me too.
but go bucks, this is big.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I think everyone is over thinking the whole QB situation. Miller is an elite player, one of the best in the country. He's won many games for us and carried us all of last season. He's a game changer and built for games like this. Meyer would t play him if he didn't feel he was the best fit to win the game. Miller has really missed nothing these past couple weeks beating the brakes off scub teams. And look at guiton, he never plays unless miller goes down and he's came right in with no rust and performed really well. Guiton has done great and gave the team a boost when it needed it when braxton went down. But if braxton is healthy and practicing well, then u have to play him no questions asked

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well that don't mean i'd do it. I hope it works out for the mighty buckeyes. if Braxton gets corney green's record off his mind, and just plays football, he'd be a lot better off. don't run unless absolute positive and take no hits, slide feet first. even if it means having to punt.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Personally I doubt he really cares about that record cause he will break it with ease. What we have seen of braxton this year he has been much more patient in the pocket and has went through his reads and made the passes. He's scrambled very little and the play he was hurt on was a read option that he kept for the first down. Just took a hit the wrong way. I believe miller has improved his whole game, just we haven't had the chance to see much this year and everyone including the media is still basing all their opinion from 2012 braxton. I think the buckeyes will do fine. Miller will play better than most expect and if he has his moments u have a great follow up in KG waiting on the sideline. There's enough playmakers on this team to score points. Defense will be the key this week

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If Miller is ready, play him. Not that I wouldn't work Kenny in for some plays/packages. But Braxton is fragile; we'll see plenty of Guiton before the season is over. Nice luxury to have!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I don't think it matters which one plays, look for the Buckeyes to win by 2 or 3 tds.I do root for the Buckeyes but I am not as big as of fan as most of you are. I think what we seen last year and what we will see this year is just the beginning of the Buckeyes domination of the Big Ten. I seen earlier today where Mark May said that Wisconsin will pummel the Buckeyes. That guy is a dumb_ _ s. You fill in the blanks. :lol: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Do not underestimate Wisky. Bucky Badger can win this game by controlling the ball and clock with their powerful running and short passing. OSU may also play into Wisky's hands if a rusty Miller makes turnovers. In the end, OSU's athleticism and home night crowd advantage allow the Buck's to win by a 17-13 score.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

17-13?
We're not asking for first quarter predictions here.

With the schedule, and the teams above us, Urban knows we need to steam roll the teams like Wisconsin.

Bucks win 48-27

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From following the Bucks since the 1958 season, I have become used to disappointment and Wisconsin has had it's moments against us over the last 30 years. The game just scares me. Wisky will play Tressel ball against us, which led to my low score prediction. Would love nothing better than a 50-14 OSU win with the Bucks scoring with just a few seconds remaining in the fourth quarter then going for two.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:17-13?
We're not asking for first quarter predictions here.

With the schedule, and the teams above us, Urban knows we need to steam roll the teams like Wisconsin.

Bucks win 48-27
you should roll them , they , like all of osu's schedule isnt worth a ____ .

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I'm sure glad abbrederis is a senior. He balled out tonight, put on a show and made Roby look like a freshman. Hell of a game by Chris Borland as well.

Despite roby being beat to death, the defense played well. Shut down the run game down and front 7 looked good.

Braxton answered any QB doubt there was or if he was rusty.

Nonetheless it's a win, we're 5-0, on the next one at northwestern. Go bucks!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well the Bucks barely squeak by! Maybe not quite as good as we were thinking, but a win is a win and we will take it,Braxton played pretty good although he got lucky a couple times not to be intercepted.And the play in the first half when he got nailed deep and the defender grabbed the back of his helmet,is that really a facemask ? It might be I just don't know the rule well enough and gobuckeyes I agree that Borland is tough as nails,he smashed Hyde on the goal line, didn't think anybody could do that.Defense played pretty good but still gave up too many yards and big plays in my eyes to compete for a national championship.Oregon is absolutely destroying Cal 55-3 in only the 3rd quarter so that makes it look like the Bucks have a long ways to go.Just went back and noticed raiderball nailed the score,congrats :aaaaa59

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

It looked like to me after the Bucks got the lead they, especially in the 4th quarter they were playing not to lose. It was like watching a bad version of Tressel ball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:I'm sure glad abbrederis is a senior. He balled out tonight, put on a show and made Roby look like a freshman. Hell of a game by Chris Borland as well.

Despite roby being beat to death, the defense played well. Shut down the run game down and front 7 looked good.

Braxton answered any QB doubt there was or if he was rusty.

Nonetheless it's a win, we're 5-0, on the next one at northwestern. Go bucks!

man I agree abbrederis is awesome, the next time I care to see him is either in a bowl game, or playin for my bengals. and Borland that young'un is a lil tazmamian devil, awesome motor on him, proud of the bucks, and Braxton's play delightfully surprised me.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Our defense is definitely far from championship level. Hopefully it'll improved as the season along as it did last year. The front seven has done well against the run all the season. The passing game has killed us and the DB have been beat like a drum. Plus Christian Bryant broke his ankle at the end of the game and will is done for the season and will need surgery. Big loss in the defensive backfield and a big loss of leadership

Return to “College Sports”