Ohio St vs. Cal

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Ohio St vs. Cal

Post by dazed&confused »

I cant believe the dearth of comments for THE Ohio State U on here. Let's get it going. Thoughts on this game? OSU so far this season?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ohio St vs. Cal

Post by noreply66 »

I think this is a game that OSU should plan to rest Miller. Cal is not playing the best football this year and and it would be better to see how the back up does.OSU doesn't need a 30 + point win.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I don't figure osu should struggle to score points. The defense worries me more than anything cause cal runs a high tempo alot of plays offense. They throw alot. Ohio state defensive backfield is solid but will need help from the front 7 putting pressure on the young cal QB. If the defense plays well and up to their capabilities osu should have no problem with cal.

I agree with noreply. I say start Kenny guiton, let him run the offense. I'm confident he can lead them fine as he has time and time again. If guiton does struggle and braxton is able to go, then put braxton in. I think this is a game they are very capable of winning without braxton. Guiton has done really well running the show and cal doesn't have a juggernaut defense to go against.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This game worries me for some reason,last year Cal was not supposed to compete and only lost by a TD at the shoe,Cal is kind of a jeckel and hyde team,they play Northwestern tough for most of the game then barely beat Portland ST.,so who knows what Cal team will show up.Interesting to see how OSU does in their first road game of year.Voters have not been giving them much love in the polls so if this is a close game I expect they will probably drop again.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Im really hoping for a blowout. Im actually going up to Cal to watch the game this weekend. I say play Smooth Jazz (Kenny G) and let him get some game time under his belt besides if Miller is still sore and hurt I dont wanna go through the pain of watching him lay around and cry on the field. Buckeyes by 35

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I've been very busy this summer managing our band. My internet time has been relegated to mine and the band's facebook & twitter, BUT I do check in everyday to see if there is talk to join in on. I just don't have the time right now to start anything up.

On the Cal game, Guiton should start. An MCL is an injury you can play with, but it doesn't go away lightly. Braxton needs to be healthy and able to run against Wisconsin, NW, Ped St, & scUM. We don't need him to beat Cal.

Now, as for any QB controversy, Braxton is the guy. Kenny is a great backup, that we are lucky to have, but he is not a gameplan changer. He doesn't have the arm strength to stretch a defense vertically, and he doesn't have the speed to make a defense account for him. He is however, a guy that the team trusts to take over if needed, and the offense can still function under his guidance. He is a backup QB, that was voted as a captain!!!

The defense will use 6 defensive backs this week against Cal. You can't get a consistent pass rush against them, with the qucik passing game, and if you try and fail, you get torched.
OSU will try and force Cal into 3rd and long and make them pass vertically.

I don't see this one as being anywhere near close.

OSU: 45
Cal: 17

But I think it the defense can hold them to less.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

its about time somebody started a thread

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

After last year's game at the Horseshoe, I am not taking Cal lightly.......that said, the Buckeyes should win, but the Golden Bears are averaging almost 34 points a game. The Cal defense in the first 2 games has been poor, so I would think that OSU should be able to move the ball on them quite a bit. I agree that Guiton should start, with Miller available in the bullpen. I would like to see more of Dontre Wilson, who I think will be a star for the Scarlet and Gray.

I want to see the Buckeyes defense continue to improve, because as the season progresses, that unit will be the difference as to whether OSU can make a serious run at the national championship. It also is important for Braxton Miller to get completely healthy as the Big Ten Conference schedule nears.

tiger4ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger4ever »

This looks like GAHS and Fairland last night . And that NUMBER 1 for OSU is goingt to be special !!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Guiton and the offense was a juggernaut, but the defense gave up way too many yards and big plays for my liking,hopefully Cal's offense is just that good :?:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The offense will be even better once at full strength but I agree, the defense better get better in a hurry. I can't see Meyer putting up with that too much longer.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Was it me or did Cal pick on Roby all night? I know the kid was suspended but geez.... Returning starter and he is practicing everyday.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Guys take it from me I was there and watched it first hand. Cals offense is that good if they had an above avg D this team would be a top team in the PAC 12.

Return to “College Sports”