OSU players disciplined and released.

blue53
All State

OSU players disciplined and released.

Post by blue53 »

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/college-foot ... es-rb-hyde
Report: Ohio State RB Hyde dismissed; CB Roby arrested

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has dismissed starting tailback Carlos Hyde from the team after an alleged assault against a female, according to a published report.

The Columbus Dispatch reported on Monday that Hyde was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault against a female in a downtown Columbus bar. The newspaper cited sources saying Hyde was dismissed from the team over the incident early Saturday.

In a separate incident, first-team cornerback Bradley Roby is being investigated over another assault in Indiana, this one involving him allegedly striking a security guard at a bar.

Ohio State officials did not immediately comment on either incident and declined to confirm Hyde's dismissal from the team.

Hyde, a 6-foot, 242-pound senior from Naples, Fla., rushed for 970 yards on 185 carries last season, second best on the team behind quarterback Braxton Miller, and was the unbeaten Buckeyes' leading scorer with 17 touchdowns and 102 points.

He came within just 30 yards of becoming the first running back to reach 1,000 yards in a season in Meyer's 12 years as a head coach at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and his lone year at Ohio State.

Court records in Monroe County, Ind., indicate Roby was arrested early Sunday morning in Bloomington, Ind., and is facing preliminary charges of misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury. He posted bond.

Roby, a 5-11, 192-pound redshirt junior from Suwanee, Ga., was Ohio State's third-leading tackler last year. He had two interceptions, one for a touchdown, to go with two tackles for minus yardage, one sack, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.

He had considered jumping into the NFL draft after Ohio State's 12-0 season but decided to return to the team.

The Bloomington police report charged that Roby tried to start a fight with one patron of the bar and was forced out of the bar. Hoping to reach his friends, he attempted to re-enter the bar and was told he could not. The report states ''Mr. Roby then struck one of the security guards in the chest, causing a complaint of pain. He was then wrestled to the ground and detained until police arrived at the scene.''

Ohio State spokesman Jerry Emig said he was ''working through channels'' and might have a statement from Meyer or others later.

Meyer has faced questions in recent months after the arrest of one of his former players at the University of Florida, tight end Aaron Hernandez, was arrested on murder charges earlier this summer.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OSU players disciplined and released.

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Hyde was suspended not dimissed.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

ESPN reported earlier he was kicked off the team,shows how much they can be trusted :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like ESPN would look into things better with all those OSU guys working for them.

has may bought some stock in ESPN...lol

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I know Herbstreit wouldn't know he's down in Tennessee now,plus he's too busy drooling over the sec

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

My god , when are these morons gonna figure it out .... That they cant go anywhere or do anything without some other moron wanting to or trying to goad them doing something stupid and that women will always p..s you off no matter if your with them or not cause there right no matter what you think and you sure as h#ll cant hit them no matter what cause someone is gonna have a freaking camera and you NEVER HIT A WOMAN ANYWAY I mean REALLY !! How sad is that, that you let a woman egg you into hitting her and finally stop running around with your hangers on so called buddies .... Wouldnt you think the Hernandez murder case would be enough to scare them straight .....everybody has a cellphone camera now days and they are all waiting to catch a high profile person doing something stupid or illegal or both .... Just ask michael phelps and his joint .... And the SO CALLED FRIEND AT THE PARTY that took that video ....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Just Urban's boys being Urban's Boys ..... Funny how Tosu's fans looked down on this sort of stuff When Urban was a Gator ... all sorts of name calling and jokes . Don't panic the short suspension of Hyde will only last thru the MAC portion of Tosu's always strong schedule ... LOL

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Stay classy OSU.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Not just "Urban's boys" look around this crap is going on everywhere,just last month a Florida Linebacker under the "new" coaches watch got arrested for punching a security guard in the chest, then got arrested again just last weekend and he has not even been punished yet,Alabama players getting in trouble right and left,either the players are getting crazier or the media is getting worse about reporting it.Just read where Florida finally suspended him for 2 whole games,wow how will Florida ever compete against Toledo and mediocre Miami

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You got to love the " Everyone else is doing it too" defense

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I do :lol: and another thing it gets really old to blame these coaches( not just meyer for all you tosu haters out there) for every little thing these kids go out and screw up with,what they supposed to do go out and hold little johnnys hand 24 hours a day and take the beer keg away from them?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Video may prove Hyde not guilty

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Coaches could try daily Bible passages

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

You must have heard Meyer tried that with Hernandez,didn't work so well in the long run

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I love sarcasm .

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well looks like the video is proving Hyde not such bad guy after all and shows the woman actually punching him then him walking away.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Not so fast...looks like new reports indicate something else... (I realize this is all 'speculation' at this point). http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-sta ... lance-tape#

I just see this surrounding Hyde for awhile (whether he did it or not), the fact Hyde is involved will have him out for a few games, maybe longer. Won't matter against Buffalo. You lay with dogs, you get fleas. I can't wrap my head around the fact that you are arguably the best running back in college fball, and you are bar hopping all night. Why is he not in his room playing xbox ncaa football 14, studying for a summer term course (so his fall course load is lighter), and hanging with the other level headed players on the team. I don't feel bad for the guy or the program. I'm not saying don't be social, but you are one month away from kick-off...you had all summer to screw around...now is not the time. This goes for every student athlete...but Hyde should know better. I'm sure he realizes this now.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well this certainly came out of the blue! I just checked 11 warriors and the last word they had was the woman slapped Hyde he walked away and he reached back in a non-confrontational manner when walking away but nothing else happened, and I'm really surprised tosu haters espn hasn't picked up on this yet,so if this is true not good,Meyer won't take much more I'm afraid,

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Looks like Hyde might be innocent and win that MAC POY this year after all.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

At this point, I don't think Hyde is going to see the field this year.
The most reliable report out there is Mindi Drayer's, whom I firmly believe had a source inside the OSU program that showed her the video.
Her report is that the girl slapped at Hyde first, and he reacted and open hand slapped her and made contact.
The aspect of Hyde's game that will be missed, is the ability to eat the clock, and his senior experience.
Running Back is the team's deepest position, and his production will be very quickly filled in terms of yardage.

Urban Meyer has a reputation for second chances and loose discipline. A reputation he has earned with his previous schools.
He also has learned a lot from those previous issues, and it is something he is working to correct.
Will he, that remains to be seen. I hope so.
As for Hyde, if he in any way hit or slapped the woman, then bye bye.

Critical comments are to be expected this year and moving forward. People always bust those at the top. Bama is there, no doubt. Notre Dame was good last year. With Meyer, OSU will be the top contender to take the SEC crown for the foreseeable future, and the haters ball will have plenty of dancers. I embrace it. Please, hate my team, it means they are doing something right!

However, I do find it funny that OSU and Meyer are being berated by people on this board who support a team that was directly responsible for a student's death, and a cover up of a nearby co-ed's rape by team members and harassment of the victim to the point that she committed suicide. Plus an "OSU Style" demolition by an SEC team in the title game. But, whatever, that's how the message board ball bounces.

Maybe Carlos Hyde's biggest issue is that he slapped a girl that was real!

Return to “College Sports”