Ohio State 78 Iowa State 75

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Ohio State 78 Iowa State 75

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Craft, who almost cost the Buckeyes the game with his poor free throw shooting comes up huge at the end, with a deep three pointer, with :02 left in the game.

victor creed
Varsity

Re: Ohio State 78 Iowa State 75

Post by victor creed »

anybody listening to charles barkley after the game. what happend to being objective. i think he is going to cry. blaming the officials, etc iowa states coach hoiberg talking after the game , nothing but class talking a about how proud he is of his guys . big win for the buckeyes. every team that makes a run at it has to win a game like this. hopefully this is ours.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Barkley is right! I love the bucks but ghat was bad

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I like Sir Charles but he needs to shut up! The game is in the books. OSU survives and advances. Like he ever won anything big. He still lives down MJ beating him in the finals!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

A little cheese for Barkley's whine!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Charles is "Terble".......

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I usually like what Barkley says, but he was way over the top on this.I like the call ,could have went either way, but how would the ref know for sure his foot was hovering over when it was that close? Sure it was easier to see on slow mo replay but put yourself in that referees shoes at normal speed at an angle, and there is a lot of ways to interpet that rule because he technically wasn't standing in it with heel on ground and a shooter with foot hovering over a boundary line is alright so they need to make them rules uniform if they are going to complain about this.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

it was a tough call, sure and by rule he missed the call but there were numerous plays and calls that could have gone either way. i think barkley feels the same way about the big ten and the buckeyes as mark may. it appears to be killing him that the big ten is doing so well in the trourney.

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

Luck is a fickle Lady.She may be on someone else's side next time...
Last edited by Fools Gold on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO OHIO STATE AND GO BIG 10!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Who gives a flying flip? Just win baby! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Bucks!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

victor creed wrote:it was a tough call, sure and by rule he missed the call but there were numerous plays and calls that could have gone either way. i think barkley feels the same way about the big ten and the buckeyes as mark may. it appears to be killing him that the big ten is doing so well in the trourney.

If Craft's foot wasn't touching the line (which it wasn't) then how by rule did the ref miss the call? That would be like calling a player out of bounds just because he has one foot hovering over the OOB's line.

Also, Barkley is the biggest pud out there. Why in hades is he even covering college basketball? He was talking about how terrible the Big 10 is this year and they have a real good shot of getting 4 teams to the Final Four (Ohio State, Indiana, Mich st and Michigan). Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen. All 4 are playing good basketball. I know a lot of people are saying that OSU struggled beating a 10 seed but it is plain to see that the NCAA selection committee did a terrible job on seeding this year and Iowa st was better then a 10th seed. How many teams can survive their opponent hiting 12 three's?

Lasalle and Oregon should have been higher seeds then they were. Florida Gulf Coast they probably got right because of their SOS.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Craft established position before the player jumped,
the offensive player initiated contact by jumping into and through Craft,
Craft was at the outside edge of the charge circle, and was not touching it.

It was a charge, period.

Watch IU or Duke basketball, that foul is called a charge at minimum 3-4 times per Duke game.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Even the NCAA rules official said afterward even though his foot was probably hovering over the line he was not totally convinced it actually was and (Craft actually twisted his foot out of the line for sure) but it was hard to tell if contact was already made, which makes it look even better for the referee,who had to make the call in real time without replay which everyone else got to see and that's when the whining started,but I got a feeling the haters will not let this go if they keep advancing much like that crap that happened with the miami football national championship game.

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

I'm not a big fan of Ohio State or the Big Ten, but there were several other games that had worse officiating than just one POTENTIALLY missed foul. Indiana (Zeller) got away with murder again, and Illinois was robbed of a chance at a final possession.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Jughe@d wrote:I'm not a big fan of Ohio State or the Big Ten, but there were several other games that had worse officiating than just one POTENTIALLY missed foul. Indiana (Zeller) got away with murder again, and Illinois was robbed of a chance at a final possession.

I agree. There have lots of missed calls, but yet this one is the one that everyone is talking about and mainly because of Barkleys whining.

I really thought Craft was going to blow this one for the Bucks with his missed free throws and turnovers, but he really redeemed himself with that shot. That kid has ice water in his viens. Taks a lot of balls to hold the ball for the last second shot like that, though a miss would have just meant OT and not a loss.

Return to “College Sports”