Can Ohio State repeat?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Can Ohio State repeat?

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Whats your thoughts? With the new playoff system I think it will be hard for any team to repeat but The bucks have a bus load of talent and I think have a good shot.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Can Ohio State repeat?

Post by C-Bolt »

Without the new system they wouldn't have won it last year.I agree it does make it tougher.They have as good a chance as anybody with returning players,them and TCU should be a pick em choice,can't be complacent either they won't sneak up on anybody this year.Most so called experts and prognosticators on TV will probably be picking them to win and win big, which is usually the kiss of death. :122247

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Whats your thoughts? With the new playoff system I think it will be hard for any team to repeat but The bucks have a bus load of talent and I think have a good shot.
Can the Bucks repeat? YES !!!

Will the Bucks repeat? Reference 1969 and 2003. That oblong shaped ball takes funny bounces.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think they'll be more focused than last year, and will just maul people. I think this year is going to be even better than last. and I definitely think they can repeat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

urban is no nonsense and focused on the jugular vein.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Bosa out for season opener :122246 supposedly for marijuana and academics along with some others. Huge blow to the defense! Hope this isn't a foreshadowing of how this season turns out.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ole BR was telling me about Bosa this morning. Wow! What a blow to the defense for the opener. Who will have his shoes to fill for this one game Bolt? I'd bet the fill in can be trusted to the fullest.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

C-Bolt wrote:Bosa out for season opener :122246 supposedly for marijuana and academics along with some others. Huge blow to the defense! Hope this isn't a foreshadowing of how this season turns out.
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... orey-smith

I pray these young men learn their lesson and make it up to the coaches, teammates, and university through future excellence in character and performance. These are young men who made errors in judgment which is why a repeat championship is hard to accomplish . Ego's are funny things to control.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I do too omega! Bosa makes some very bad decisions including on the field with boneheaded plays at times that make you think, what was he thinking ? But what a wrecking ball he is and will be missed.Trench I have no idea who they replace him with, but with these top recruiting classes Meyer has had they should be able to find somebody who can band aid for this one game.If it was after this game there wouldn't be much to worry about until towards the end of year with their schedule.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ole BR talked about him all last year. He's BR's favorite player. BR was kinda upset telling me about it this morning. He said he don't know what gets into them kids heads sometimes. He said he hopes he learns by his mistake.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Let's not get too excited about this. These are kids just out of high school. And after last season, I'm sure they read the clippings. Laziness and youthful indiscretions are not limited to a subset of kids that age. Some things to keep in mind:
1) QB is the most important position on the field. They didnt suspend any of those so we're good there.
2) This is THE Ohio State University under Urban Meyer- there will be plenty of blue chip players licking their chops at the prospect of starting in a nationally televised game.
3) Urban has weeks, not days, to adjust the game plan unlike last year.
4) This will put a chip back on the shoulders of the Bucks.
5) The players suspended will see their football lives pass before their eyes. They will be motivated when they return. And......
6) They still have the taste of Va Tech beating them in the shoe last year....

Bucks by 3 TDs!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you have to admire urban for suspending them for the opener. and the hokies will be licking their chops. night game in Blacksburg for season opener against the national champs. not only bosa. but our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading recievers as well.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I like the Bucks' chances in the cornfield of Blacksburg (have you seen the place?) You'll see receivers come out of the woodwork. Let 'em lick their chops. I talked to a couple of VT Alumni and they're pretty gloomy about this game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote:I like the Bucks' chances in the cornfield of Blacksburg (have you seen the place?) You'll see receivers come out of the woodwork. Let 'em lick their chops. I talked to a couple of VT Alumni and they're pretty gloomy about this game.
Don't be to harsh on Blacksburg or the VPI campus. Beautiful country and community. Columbus and SE Ohio are not exactly places to boast about. Been to several games at Lane over the years. The Buckeyes and their fans do not know what awaits them. Tough place for a visiting team to play and win in, with or without suspensions. TOSU will be hard pressed to win. Those dreaming of a blowout revenge victory are
in fact dreaming.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote:I like the Bucks' chances in the cornfield of Blacksburg (have you seen the place?) You'll see receivers come out of the woodwork. Let 'em lick their chops. I talked to a couple of VT Alumni and they're pretty gloomy about this game.

actually I've watched a game there before and met frank beamer. I liked it, but you better be a mountain goat to walk around there.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Nobody is getting within 2TDs of OSU all year.
MSU has the best chance, but that one is in Columbus.

OSU will be in the playoffs again, but as we showed last year, once in a hot team can do huge damage.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Nobody is getting within 2TDs of OSU all year.
MSU has the best chance, but that one is in Columbus.

OSU will be in the playoffs again, but as we showed last year, once in a hot team can do huge damage.

OLE BAIT LIKES HOW YOU IS A THINKIN DUBS

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

I think they can repeat I mean there probably the best all around team in college football today. But with that being said I think they will make the playoffs and lose the first round in an upset.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

So the Bucks are prohibitive favorites and I don't see anyone close to their talent level. Add to that a soft schedule and they should walk into the playoffs. My only troubling thought is this; has OSU ever had back-to-back National championships? I still remember 1969 like it was yesterday and the hype around this team is similar to that one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tell us what you're really thinkin dazed. no need to hold back.

Return to “College Sports”