WESTERN MICHIGAN @ OHIO STATE==YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WESTERN MICHIGAN @ OHIO STATE==YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote:Jones didn't have time to think about it last year. He was thrown in, there were no expectations, and he just went out and chucked it long. They had a burner in Devon Smith and the momentum just got rolling. This is a new year. Teams watched the tape and Smith is cashing checks on Sunday. There is no adrenalin pumping in Jones' veins right now. They need to have a receiver emerge who can take the top off of defenses, the line needs to play better and Jones needs time to square up, not throw in a hurry off his back foot.

wow, great post brother. and you are so right. and when people were covered up deep, he was trucking 300 pound defensive lineman. I still think barrett is the better choice. we have a qb controversy whether we like it or not. urban will continue to play the hot hand, like leake and tebow at florida. but presently I think it's jt.

and great point by zebra--our slobs are foaming at the mouth to lock it up with defenders and just shove it down people's throats. so please them, hand off to zeke---and make believers. and when they load up to stop the run, then dust their crops with the pass. and on a read option, the first choice should always be the back. the qb is too valuable to run repeatedly. let them know it's there. but nearly all the time the read is to the back.i'm wondering now if Braxton ain't the better option at qb.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thats funny Bait I heard somebody on TV mention that the other day,just go back to where it all started and start Miller. I gotta beleive Meyer is rewarding Jones for coming back another year,its obvious he wants him to be the starter.Just hope he don't give him the quick hook and settle on one QB.As some have said its time for the TOSU to show why they were the first unanimous number 1 ever,enough of the wallowing around with medicore teams

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't think Miller is an option at QB full time. I don't think even he himself trusts his shoulder.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

The offense needs to do their job and individual assignments every play. No more high snaps, missing blocks, wrong routes, etc. They have had 3 games to get over the growing pains with some new faces. They should come out with the mentality to bury teams in the first quarter and not play so timid on offense. Better play calling will help, but the players must take care of what they are supposed to accomplish every play first.

Good players can make mediocre play calling look great, not vice vera.

Defensively, they have been playing great but need to come out looking to kill people. Figuratively of course!

Braxton can (and eventually will) throw the ball. No way he plays the actual QB position except for wildcat. No timing and who knows how much velocity he can throw with right now.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I got another concern. Since Tom Herman left Ohio State for the Houston head coaching position, that has changed things as well. Could the issue be the new OC?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

My expert opinion thinks Barrett is the far better QB . Fat head caught lightning in a bottle and that flash done left .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Valenth wrote:I got another concern. Since Tom Herman left Ohio State for the Houston head coaching position, that has changed things as well. Could the issue be the new OC?

OH YEAH BROTHER, A HEAP OF DIFFERENCE HERE. HERMAN WAS BLOODTHIRSTY AND CAME FULL BORE WITH BOTH BARRELS SMOKING.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Against NIU, both Warriner and Beck were on the sidelines.
The only offensive staff member in the booth was RB coach Alford.

Get one of those guys in the sky to see the way the game is flowing.
Herman was a booth guy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I did not know that. but I agree. I knew if anybody knew dubs did.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

For what it's worth, Warriner is still coaching from sidelines today.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The offense scored at least 31 please nts today, but the under throws left 21 on the field that should have been on the board.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Line was awesome in this game! QBS had plenty of time to throw and backs had lots of big holes to run through.Jones played better, but underthrown balls and a couple boneheaded decisions could have easily caused more turnovers,he must continue to get better.Barrett is still struggling and don't look like the same guy from last year, his confidence had to take a hit after today, so it looks like our season will live or die with Jones.Defense was pretty good again although WMU had some big plays but penalties bailed the defense out time and again when they did get them.They will have a stiff test next week as Indiana can throw up the points.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great win by the buckeyes. is it just me or when you see ed warriner on the sidelines.does he remind you of ''woody'' from toy story.anyhoo. on to big ten play baby.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

UWM's qb was throwing frozen ropes on his passes, Apple couldn't have covered Braverman any better than he did and that cat could catch a football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true dat.

Return to “College Sports”