NCAA Football Coaches Hot seat v1

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

NCAA Football Coaches Hot seat v1

Post by Senatorz10 »

I'm going to give you my Top 10 Coaches that has some concerns with the hot seat.

Ratings go from Warm, Hot, Fire.

#1. Randy Edsall - Maryland (FIRE)
#2. Mike London - Virginia (FIRE)
#3. George O'Leary - UCF (HOT)
#4. Bret Bielema - Arkansas (HOT)
#5. Butch Jones - Tennessee (HOT)
#6. Charlie Strong - Texas (HOT)
#7. Gus Malzahn - Auburn (WARM)
#8. Willie Taggart - USF (WARM)
#9. Frank Beamer - Virginia Tech (WARM)
#10. Paul Rhoades - Iowa State (WARM)

Thoughts?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: NCAA Football Coaches Hot seat v1

Post by 1987chieftains »

frank beaner is a long time coming. hes had teams that get-hipped up every year by the talking heads at $ECspn. then they just fall on there face.
randy edsall is most likely a goner.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

1987chieftains wrote:frank beaner is a long time coming. hes had teams that get-hipped up every year by the talking heads at $ECspn. then they just fall on there face.
randy edsall is most likely a goner.
Maybe so, but Beemer is a VT alum and he most likely leaves on his own terms.There's usually mutual loyalty to alums and the alums are LOYAL to their school...

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Beamer will be buried in one of VTs endzones, his job is safe.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ESPN had it where Maryland's coach will not be back

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Surprised to see Jones on the list. It's not like UT is a premium destination these days. I think they should ride this horse a little longer.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

dazed&confused wrote:Surprised to see Jones on the list. It's not like UT is a premium destination these days. I think they should ride this horse a little longer.
But, you have to look at how many consecutive top 10 recruiting classes they've had, and they have nothing to show for it wins and losses wise.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Surprised to see Jones on the list. It's not like UT is a premium destination these days. I think they should ride this horse a little longer.
But, you have to look at how many consecutive top 10 recruiting classes they've had, and they have nothing to show for it wins and losses wise.
The Volunteers are so close to being undefeated. Butch Jones has made some coaching mistakes down to the wire. ALL 3 Losses came in the late 4th Quarter or Overtime AND Leading by 13 points or more. Florida had no business beating Tennessee, but it happened. His recruiting is great, but, he seems not to be getting full potential out of his players.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Valenth wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:
The Volunteers are so close to being undefeated. Butch Jones has made some coaching mistakes down to the wire. ALL 3 Losses came in the late 4th Quarter or Overtime AND Leading by 13 points or more. Florida had no business beating Tennessee, but it happened. His recruiting is great, but, he seems not to be getting full potential out of his players.
Exactly what I'm saying Valenth! He seems like he is a top notch recruiter, one of the best in the nation. But, it doesn't matter what kind of class you have if you can't coach them up get pad up the numbers in the first column of the W-L record. They have no business only being 2-3 (only two wins came against BGSU which is a good win, and FCS West Carolina).

Return to “College Sports”