BEER Sales In The Shoe

Omega
SEOPS H

BEER Sales In The Shoe

Post by Omega »

OSU Athletic Department announced stadium wide beer sales for the 2016 season. Gotta turn a dollar I guess but I see this as wrong on so many levels.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/genrel/060816aaa.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDiggEp-hw
Last edited by Omega on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: BEER Sales In The Shoe

Post by noreply66 »

same here

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's smart. Ohio university should do it. No alcohol sales means kids pre game with liquor. Hard to get trashed on $5 beers

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Shoe is going to get rowdy now! Red Coats probably dread this

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

can you imagine a drunk trying to walk up to C deck unreal

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

1906 wrote:can you imagine a drunk trying to walk up to C deck unreal

Back in the day I lived in the Stadium Dorm and they had an annual "Playboy" spring party in the Press Box. Navigating C Deck even stone cold sober was an adventure.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Selling out!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Raider6309 wrote:It's smart. Ohio university should do it. No alcohol sales means kids pre game with liquor. Hard to get trashed on $5 beers
A $5 dollar beer at the stadium? That's cheap. I would expect them to sale it for at least $7 or maybe even $8.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

No Problems! Pro stadiums have been selling beer for years!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Will be to expensive to get drunk! I am hearing between $8.00 to $10.00 for beer!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sounds about right! The students will still be guzzling pregame because they won't be able to afford to get drunk at that rate.Does OSU still have the ban on alcohol in the parking lot ?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Things won't change much. 90% of drinkers will still hammer beers and liquor before they go in tailgating, don't have to be in the parking lot to drink if that is still ban. There are ways around that. Ole CP takes his big ole motor home and drinks inside it in the parking lot, be hard to bust somebody if ya stay inside one of them and drink. The drinkers will drink lots regardless where it is before they go in, then they will have a couple of those expensive highway robbery beers in the stadium during the game to top it off. :)

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Things won't change much. 90% of drinkers will still hammer beers and liquor before they go in tailgating, don't have to be in the parking lot to drink if that is still ban. There are ways around that. Ole CP takes his big ole motor home and drinks inside it in the parking lot, be hard to bust somebody if ya stay inside one of them and drink. The drinkers will drink lots regardless where it is before they go in, then they will have a couple of those expensive highway robbery beers in the stadium during the game to top it off. :)
We beat the system by using red cups or 32 oz. ex coffee cups turned into beer cups! Controlled drinking!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LHS 72 wrote:Will be to expensive to get drunk! I am hearing between $8.00 to $10.00 for beer!
if they sell 2 beers to 25000 fans that will equal around $450,000.00 per game OMG!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Probably be more that that! Some people would wipe their savings out to get beer.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Lets not forget, Ohio State University didn't get the beer for free to sell. Definitely making big profit but have to pay the bill to the beer makers and vendors and workers etc. Gets pricey for the University as well, that's one of the big reasons it's priced so high per beer. Lots of overhead involved selling beer, so knock a big chunk off the 450 thousand figure. :(

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Lets not forget, Ohio State University didn't get the beer for free to sell. Definitely making big profit but have to pay the bill to the beer makers and vendors and workers etc. Gets pricey for the University as well, that's one of the big reasons it's priced so high per beer. Lots of overhead involved selling beer, so knock a big chunk off the 450 thousand figure. :(
From being in the business a few years ago, the overhead will be around 35% and that might still be a little high. OUS will still make a good bit of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. BOOM!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LHS 72 wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:Lets not forget, Ohio State University didn't get the beer for free to sell. Definitely making big profit but have to pay the bill to the beer makers and vendors and workers etc. Gets pricey for the University as well, that's one of the big reasons it's priced so high per beer. Lots of overhead involved selling beer, so knock a big chunk off the 450 thousand figure. :(
From being in the business a few years ago, the overhead will be around 35% and that might still be a little high. OUS will still make a good bit of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. BOOM!
They sure will. But will have some bill's to pay. Make most of it off people with deep pockets which the vast majority hasn't got and will do most of their drinking before the game. :lol: :lol: You can get a twelve pack of beer for around 10 bucks, according what you buy. 10 bucks for a plastic cup of beer in the game verses 12 pack before the game. :lol: :lol: I know what most will do. :lol: :lol: Some will Sneak a flask of vodka or something in the game and spike a soda that they buy in there. :lol: :lol: :lol: People do that all the time in them games. There will be some beer sold in there big time but most will be already primed up and won't have to buy very many. If I would go this year, I will be one of the ones pre-primed before entering the gate. Not blasted, but a pre-prime. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:P :P :P :P Won't catch me paying 8 to 10 bucks for a plastic cup of beer. I'll go in there sneaky prepared.

Then there's always a beer belly looking hidden flask that's sneaky you can use with your favorite mixed drink in it. Holds about 6 basic glasses of mixed drinks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good luck trying to sneak that past the redcoats,they will watch you like a hawk :)

Return to “College Sports”