ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Who will win??

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have just a few things to say about the game:

1.) Pryor generated big plays when we needed them. He threw the ball on target BEFORE the receivers came out of their break and hit them in stride, right on the numbers. He had a great performance.

2.) Nearly EVERY analyst in the country talked about how great Oregon's HIGH SCORING offense was, and how OSU defense couldnt stay on the field with them. Many analysts stated that Oregon's offense was the best in the country. Boy did they shut up after the game.

3.) Tress- How about this guy proving his point to Ray Small and Carter. Neither made the trip for violations of team policy and grades, respectively.

Now on the other hand.....SHAME on Oregon for letting their THUG running back play again this year, or forever for that matter, after what he did after the game to the defenseless Boise St player.

At the end of the day Oregon's coach is a dirt bag who only wants to win. Tress is a class act who wants to win, but will not spoil his reputation on values and a chance to teach a life lesson to a kid to do so.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

FSUfly#13 wrote:1. Oregon is certainly overrated. Mind you they are competitive and not an easy opponent, but their defense is awful. Their offense only looked good all year because the Pac 10 does not know the meaning of Defense. Ahhh post hoc criticism of OSU's opponent. Typical. No one seemed willing to bash Oregon when 75% of America picked Oregon to win according to ESPN. No one seemed willing to bash Oregon on this board when saying things like "this could get ugly." Your hatred for OSU is coming out.

2. Ohio State recovering unforced fumbles by Oregon, is not OUTSTANDING defense. You men ONE unforced fumble, correct? One play of the game. You do realize Oregon scored 17 points despite OSU's kick-off coverage being pitiful. Oregon won the field-position battle by a wide margin. OSU's defense had their backs against the wall all game long. This is more post hoc rambling, as even many OSU fans expected the need to score 27 plus in order to win this game. Oregon was scoring 40+ almost every time out in the second half of the season.

3. With losses to mediocre USC and below average Purdue is not the caliber of a top 10 team. Sorry. Oh really? Please lay out 10 teams with better resumes. Please. Also, how many other teams beat 5 teams with 10+ wins (Navy, Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin, Oregon)? I would love to see your list.

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes. You are seriously arguing pass attempts? He won't need to attempt a large number of passes. He'll throw for 150-250 a game. Run for another 50-100 a game, and he'll win 10+ again. If OSU runs the table and he plays like I just mentioned, he'll win it.

Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season. They were never gone, so of course they aren't back. Theyp played in 7 BCS bowl games this decade and went 4-3. Please list your schools with a better resume. It will be a small list. OSU is in the top 5-6 programs going right now. That is elite by anyone's definition.

My predictions for 2010, if Big Ten does not add a 12th school, The Big Ten will consist of Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin contending for a Big Ten Championship..Co-Champions, with 2 Big Ten schools reaching the BCS again..which is ridiculous. Big Ten is boring and predictable. Until Michigan gets their program together, the Big Ten will continue to be around Mediocre. Want to complain about Cincy, TCU, Boise? They are undefeated and may play in a lesser conference, but I guarantee you they play tougher teams than Purdue, and remained unbeaten. All in all, just more drivel from an Ohio kid who is bitter about OSU. On the night after the Rose Bowl I received texts from graduates of SEC schools, and they all mentioned how great OSU looked. They also mentioned how they expect OSU to contend for the crystal football in '10 and '11. The anti-OSU Ohio people are more delusional than the "true" fans of the teams competing with OSU.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

FSUfly#13 wrote:1. Oregon is certainly overrated. Mind you they are competitive and not an easy opponent, but their defense is awful. Their offense only looked good all year because the Pac 10 does not know the meaning of Defense.

2. Ohio State recovering unforced fumbles by Oregon, is not OUTSTANDING defense.

3. With losses to mediocre USC and below average Purdue is not the caliber of a top 10 team. Sorry.

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes. Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season.

My predictions for 2010, if Big Ten does not add a 12th school, The Big Ten will consist of Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin contending for a Big Ten Championship..Co-Champions, with 2 Big Ten schools reaching the BCS again..which is ridiculous. Big Ten is boring and predictable. Until Michigan gets their program together, the Big Ten will continue to be around Mediocre. Want to complain about Cincy, TCU, Boise? They are undefeated and may play in a lesser conference, but I guarantee you they play tougher teams than Purdue, and remained unbeaten.

:lol: That was a very well thought out post, you are exactly right. Maybe if The Buckeyes had a defense, say like I don't know, Florida St. ( Their D done an outstanding job of allowing 205 yards rushing per game 5.4 per attempt, compared to The Buckeyes aweful 90 YPG and 2.8) maybe we could have possibly cut down on those yards and forced more turnovers.
And Pryor in my eyes, is not a Heisman contender for next year, but who said he would need 400-500 attempts?? who was that quarterback for The Buckeyes in 2006 that won the Heisman? How many attempts did he have again? And one more question, how did that voting go?..................Ohh, yea thats right, his name was Troy Smith and it was 311 attempts and was the largest land slide victory in the history of the Heisman.

But other than that, very good analysis on your part :oops:

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

FSUfly#13 wrote:1. Oregon is certainly overrated. Mind you they are competitive and not an easy opponent, but their defense is awful. Their offense only looked good all year because the Pac 10 does not know the meaning of Defense.

2. Ohio State recovering unforced fumbles by Oregon, is not OUTSTANDING defense.

3. With losses to mediocre USC and below average Purdue is not the caliber of a top 10 team. Sorry.

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes.

Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season.

My predictions for 2010, if Big Ten does not add a 12th school, The Big Ten will consist of Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin contending for a Big Ten Championship..Co-Champions, with 2 Big Ten schools reaching the BCS again..which is ridiculous. Big Ten is boring and predictable. Until Michigan gets their program together, the Big Ten will continue to be around Mediocre. Want to complain about Cincy, TCU, Boise? They are undefeated and may play in a lesser conference, but I guarantee you they play tougher teams than Purdue, and remained unbeaten.

This is just about the only thing I agree with you on. Ohio State needs to fight every time they step on the field (no pun intended toward that back from Oregon) and be hungry every week or teams like Purdue will beat them.

You were bashing the Big Ten?? Are you kidding me? Now I'll give you that last year's bowl performance was horrendous, but let's take a look at this year.

Wisconsin beat Miami (a fellow ACC school who's offense couldn't handle a slow Wisconsin defense)
Penn State beat LSU
Ohio State beat Oregon
Iowa still has yet to play Georgia Tech
Northwestern almost beat Auburn
Michigan State choked against Texas Tech (I kind of saw this coming, because MSU chokes more than Oklahoma does)
Minnesota lost by a point to Iowa State.

By the way, I was glad to see Bowden go out with a win.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

If MSU has their 14 players back, they win the game.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes.

Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season.

thats a funny post....oregon's offense scoring 40 pts a game is no fluke, you might wanna look at those three teams schedule before you say they have tougher schedules...i don't consider some teams like uc davis and wyoming and texas state better than purdue, and your acc conference isn't so tough either, ohio state would win the acc year in and year out

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

If no juniors go early to the NFL OSU will return 9 starters on offense. They lose the TE and one lineman. They will return 7 starters on defense. They lose two on the line, one LB and one DB. With 16 returning starters they will be ranked in the top 5 next year.

I heard the announcers from the Rose bowl say the Ducks return 18 starters next year and may be the preseason #1 coming in.

Pryor will win the Heisman next year!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Pryor won't win the Heisman next year.
He has too much to improve on.

He will lead the Buckeyes to an undefeated season and yet another game in Arizona,
this one for a third shot in 5 years at the title.

He will likely have to beat either Bama or USC for that title,
as Bama will be tough again, and Pete the cheat will have USC back on top.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Nat. championship will be OSU Vs. Boise State!! LOL

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

don't laugh to loud.

Boise is returning a lot, and playing Oregon state and Virginia Tech in
non-conference play next year.

If they get wins against those two, especially VTech on the road in Washington DC,
then Boise just might push for a spot. There are more than a few voters that
are starting to push for a "mid-major" spot, just to turn over the apple cart.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

seofan_via_dublin wrote:don't laugh to loud.

Boise is returning a lot, and playing Oregon state and Virginia Tech in
non-conference play next year.

If they get wins against those two, especially VTech on the road in Washington DC,
then Boise just might push for a spot. There are more than a few voters that
are starting to push for a "mid-major" spot, just to turn over the apple cart.

I think The Broncos have a real shot next year.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Iowa just won against Ga Tech. Just goes to prove what everyone has said all year about the Big Ten being weak it sure shows in the Bowls.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Big Ten could have 3 of the top 5 at the end of the year and people would still see us as weak. ESPN has the T.V. contract with the SEC so they will always talk them up before us. ESPN goes after ratings like any other TV network. The more they talk down the Big ten the more Big ten fans talk about ESPN.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

ANOTHER "boring" Big Ten team beats an unstopable offense... I bet ESPN doesn't know what to think now. :122245 :122245 :122245

I LOVE IT!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

ESPN has the answer they are going 3D.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

We went 4-3 in bowl games! The SEC is at 5-4 right now. They are either going to go 6-4 or 5-5. The SEC is turning into joke. They had 10 teams make bowl games. The reason they had 10 teams eligable (sp), is because they play a weak weak weak non conference.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

How did the rest of the conferences do in bowls?

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Orange and Brown wrote:

Thank you for your insight into the game. Since you don't seem to really care for the Big Ten lets talk about your team and your conference! Gotta love Florida State. Those guys compete for a Nat. Championship every year!!! Don't get me Started on the ACC now that is a power house conference!!!!! With so many top teams.............Wait, Never mind I just woke up.

Let's talk about FSU. Florida, Clemson, GT, Miami, USF, and BC are ALL better than Purdue, that's a fact.

From Bobby Bowden- "College Football runs in cycles, for a few years it's Oklahoma, then goes LSU, then USC and Texas, then Florida..all teams make a run, while others drop. FSU had their run in the mid 80's and late 90's. Longer than anyone else has accomplished. 14 straight seasons in the Top 5, 19 losses in 14 seasons, played for 5 National Championships..we have been in a slump lately, but FSU and Miami will both be back. It runs in cycles." Congratulations to Ohio State..you have made your runs and lost to Florida, LSU, Texas (Split), and USC in big games. You managed to beat Miami in 02, Notre Dame wow, and overrated Oregon..when I say Oregon overrated, I don't mean they are bad and Ohio State does not get any credit, I mean that Oregon was not the team that everyone said they were, NOT because they didn't play well in the Rose Bowl, but because they do not see defenses like Ohio States, and they hadn't all year. They have faced some good offenses, and gave up 30 points a game. Also, let me remind you, Ohio State lost to Purdue, and USC at home..so Ohio State is not back, fans should be happy with their season yes, but don't say things like the Big Ten is back and Ohio State is back and all that garbage..everyone was disowning Pryor and Tressel in weeks 3-7...now everyone is back on the bandwagon..I am glad that Ohio State won the Rose Bowl, because now they got their heads so big winning against an over-hyped Oregon team that next season, they are going to overlook every small team they play.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

FSUfly#13, if we had a dollar for every time you made yourself look stupid,
we could buy Matt the best server on the market and take seopreps to a level that
would make facebook look like small potatoes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FSUfly#13 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Thank you for your insight into the game. Since you don't seem to really care for the Big Ten lets talk about your team and your conference! Gotta love Florida State. Those guys compete for a Nat. Championship every year!!! Don't get me Started on the ACC now that is a power house conference!!!!! With so many top teams.............Wait, Never mind I just woke up.

Let's talk about FSU. Florida, Clemson, GT, Miami, USF, and BC are ALL better than Purdue, that's a fact.

From Bobby Bowden- "College Football runs in cycles, for a few years it's Oklahoma, then goes LSU, then USC and Texas, then Florida..all teams make a run, while others drop. FSU had their run in the mid 80's and late 90's. Longer than anyone else has accomplished. 14 straight seasons in the Top 5, 19 losses in 14 seasons, played for 5 National Championships..we have been in a slump lately, but FSU and Miami will both be back. It runs in cycles." Congratulations to Ohio State..you have made your runs and lost to Florida, LSU, Texas (Split), and USC in big games. You managed to beat Miami in 02, Notre Dame wow, and overrated Oregon..when I say Oregon overrated, I don't mean they are bad and Ohio State does not get any credit, I mean that Oregon was not the team that everyone said they were, NOT because they didn't play well in the Rose Bowl, but because they do not see defenses like Ohio States, and they hadn't all year. They have faced some good offenses, and gave up 30 points a game. Also, let me remind you, Ohio State lost to Purdue, and USC at home..so Ohio State is not back, fans should be happy with their season yes, but don't say things like the Big Ten is back and Ohio State is back and all that garbage..everyone was disowning Pryor and Tressel in weeks 3-7...now everyone is back on the bandwagon..I am glad that Ohio State won the Rose Bowl, because now they got their heads so big winning against an over-hyped Oregon team that next season, they are going to overlook every small team they play.

Lets look at Florida States BIG W'S this year!!!!!!

There fisrt win came week 2 against the mighty Jacksonville State.
Then week3 they beat a very overated BYU.
Weeks 4,5,6 we won't talk about. Win number 3 came against North Carolina, then they took out the Mighty N.C. State!!!! ( Big Win there)
Again week 9 we will skip! Weeks 10 and 11 find W's vs. Wake and Maryland.
All in all that is the BEST 6-6 reguler season ever!!!! Well counting the Bowl game FSU was 7-6 this year. Thats pretty good because most years no one knows who can play or who needs there test answers given to them in advance.
In FSU's 7 wins there oppn. records is 48-38
In FSU's 6 losses there oppn. records are 58-23

Other than the BYU win... nothing! They beat most of the teams they should have and lost to the real good teams. That sums up FSU the last 10 years.

Return to “College Sports”