Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season To Resume 10/24))

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Ohio State Off Season All Things

Post by cbolt »

Fox News just reported BIG is postponing until spring. That means Fields and Wade are probably done unless they go independent of BIG. :cry:

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State Off Season All Things

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:03 pm Fox News just reported BIG is postponing until spring. That means Fields and Wade are probably done unless they go independent of BIG. :cry:
Yeah, its over:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... l-for-fall

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season Cancelled)

Post by Omega »

Several questions follow suit of no Big 10 Football for 2020:

Will the remaining P5 follow suit?

If not, will OSU star players seek transfer?

If not, will this cripple OSU recruiting?

If not, will this cause OSU coaches to seek jobs elsewhere?

If not, is the modern golden age of Ohio State football over?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:42 pm Several questions follow suit of no Big 10 Football for 2020:

PAC-12 followed pretty close behind BIG10 in announcing the fall sports cancelation

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If I was a top tier football player in the B1G and could go pro next year, I'd bounce too. Why let these sissies make money off you?

Fields is gone. Thanks Gene and the B1G libtards!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Like Scott frost saying Nebraska open to options to playing football. If the other Power 5 continue to play. And play conference only games. How could Neb get any games ? Could they become a temporary member again to play in BIG12?
just curious to how this would or could happen.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the players now hit the transfer portal and go to one of these schools still playing. It would be weird to see Fields back at his old school playing this fall. I really don't see any schools playing next spring either. It would be too quick a turn around to fall camp. I wonder if the players out of eligibility this year get another year next year ? Surely they will.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:36 pm I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the players now hit the transfer portal and go to one of these schools still playing. It would be weird to see Fields back at his old school playing this fall. I really don't see any schools playing next spring either. It would be too quick a turn around to fall camp. I wonder if the players out of eligibility this year get another year next year ? Surely they will.
The Big 10 shut down brings up all kinds of questions. As you mentioned, eligibility. Allowed recruiting windows. Allowed practice dates. If the NCAA is not responsive, the Big 10 could become a minor conference.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bill Conley said last night it will definitely effect their recruiting the next few years. I just wonder if it didn't have an impact on the recent 4 star who decommitted ? He wouldn't say but the timing is suspicious.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:38 pm Like Scott frost saying Nebraska open to options to playing football. If the other Power 5 continue to play. And play conference only games. How could Neb get any games ? Could they become a temporary member again to play in BIG12?
Apparently the Big 10 commish has stated Nebraska would lose their membership and $50M in revenue sharing if they played outside of the conference.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-commis ... 33028.html

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

If I were Ohio State and Michigan I would look to join SEC or ACC. Big Ten will suffer.
50 Million in Revenue Sharing, What 50 Million?! Not playing obviously will not be giving 50 Million to Conference . If the SEC and ACC play then they will completely take over the Recruiting and the Big and Pac 12 will be left completely in the DUST!
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:38 pm Like Scott frost saying Nebraska open to options to playing football. If the other Power 5 continue to play. And play conference only games. How could Neb get any games ? Could they become a temporary member again to play in BIG12?
Apparently the Big 10 commish has stated Nebraska would lose their membership and $50M in revenue sharing if they played outside of the conference.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-commis ... 33028.html

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

what in the heck were the people doing when the schedules were revised ? When all the meetings were taking place about having a season??
It’s like this BIG10 commish and a few others has just now got involved ? Or am I mistaken for that believe?

What and where have they been since March???

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am what in the heck were the people doing when the schedules were revised ? When all the meetings were taking place about having a season??
It’s like this BIG10 commish and a few others has just now got involved ? Or am I mistaken for that believe?

Just last week they released the 10 game conference schedule. The only thing thats happened between then and now are more testing, less cases and less deaths.

So that warrants shutting down the season? The real reason is this: these libtards that are in control have been told by lawyers that playing a season opens them up to lawsuits. So they got scared shytless and closed up shop.

These players are MUCH safer being with their team and coaches rather than many of them leaving their universities and being around people outside of that bubble.

I totally agree with Scott Frost. There is no evidence that shows that playing football this fall puts these athletes in harm's way. Its actually totally opposite by having them with the same core group of people (other players and coaches).

Part of me hopes Nebraska will tell the B1G to screw off and go play in another conference this fall.

But of course new B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren put a statement out saying "they wont do it and stay in the B1G". Warren is such a tool.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

If Ohio State and Michigan banned together there would be nothing the BIG can do! It's pathetic. Even if a player tests positive they will more than likely show no signs of sickness and recover very quickly. It's a politicized disease that the rest of the population have to sit and take it! Pretty sad!

OHIO STATE go join the ACC now
Michigan go join the ACC now! That would change some perspective of these liberals that need to WAKE UP!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:18 am If Ohio State and Michigan banned together there would be nothing the BIG can do! It's pathetic. Even if a player tests positive they will more than likely show no signs of sickness and recover very quickly. It's a politicized disease that the rest of the population have to sit and take it! Pretty sad!

Michigan go join the ACC now! That would change some perspective of these liberals that need to WAKE UP!

Well there is $50M reasons a year for each team to stay with the Big 10. Also consider another side of the debate. Do universities exist for playing college football or is college football subservient to a university's academic and research mission? The pandemic coupled with the recent athlete push for unionization to gain pay for play and social justice programs may cause universities to reexamine their role in college football. Never let a crisis go to waste you know. The landscape of college football may look quite different come 2021.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Omega wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 am
baseball16 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:18 am If Ohio State and Michigan banned together there would be nothing the BIG can do! It's pathetic. Even if a player tests positive they will more than likely show no signs of sickness and recover very quickly. It's a politicized disease that the rest of the population have to sit and take it! Pretty sad!

Well there is $50M reasons a year for each team to stay with the Big 10. Also consider another side of the debate. Do universities exist for playing college football or is college football subservient to a university's academic and research mission? The pandemic coupled with the recent athlete push for unionization to gain pay for play and social justice programs may cause universities to reexamine their role in college football. Never let a crisis go to waste you know. The landscape of college football may look quite different come 2021.
You don't think the ACC or SEC would give OSU and Xichigan 50 Million reasons to come to their conference?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 am

You don't think the ACC or SEC would give OSU and Xichigan 50 Million reasons to come to their conference?
I am sure they could work up a financial package, but my main point is the background debate. Is fielding sport teams part of any university's main function?

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Yes, I would at least say it's in the Top 2 or 3 of Univ. main function. Sad, but true! Same with HS sports. HS sports to a lot of people and schools are far more important than curriculum and testing. When is the last time 4-5 thousand people showed up to a Quiz Bowl. JS. I am not saying it's right, but it is reality.

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Omega wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:42 pm Several questions follow suit of no Big 10 Football for 2020:

As long as there is $ osu recuiting will never be crippled.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am what in the heck were the people doing when the schedules were revised ? When all the meetings were taking place about having a season??

Just last week they released the 10 game conference schedule. The only thing thats happened between then and now are more testing, less cases and less deaths.

So that warrants shutting down the season? The real reason is this: these libtards that are in control have been told by lawyers that playing a season opens them up to lawsuits. So they got scared shytless and closed up shop.

These players are MUCH safer being with their team and coaches rather than many of them leaving their universities and being around people outside of that bubble.

I totally agree with Scott Frost. There is no evidence that shows that playing football this fall puts these athletes in harm's way. Its actually totally opposite by having them with the same core group of people (other players and coaches).

Part of me hopes Nebraska will tell the B1G to screw off and go play in another conference this fall.

But of course new B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren put a statement out saying "they wont do it and stay in the B1G". Warren is such a tool.

Of those statements Red I wanna talk on: The lawsuits.

I think this is a more complicated matter than some just saying simply implying to sign a waiver. Maybe not ?

Is this a University’s way of saying we are still a institution of higher learning first ? With The well being of a kid and student coming first ?

Will this lead to unionized college football ?? The players have zero representation through this.

The virus maybe the fore front runner of being the cause of the collapse of college football. But there is some added in factors that are a driving force too. IMO.

One thing I firmly believe is this. The shape of college football has been changed; forever.

Return to “College Sports”