Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season To Resume 10/24))

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season Cancelled)

Post by Omega »

Big 12 apparently is a full go for a fall season:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/colle ... l-football

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:22 pm Big 12 apparently is a full go for a fall season:

Pretty straight forward. I agree with most coaches that they have created a safe haven so to speak for the athlete. Taking them away from it hurts. In all realms of their life’s. To some athletes it’s the only family or guidance they have.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:22 pm Big 12 apparently is a full go for a fall season:

Pretty straight forward. I agree with most coaches that they have created a safe haven so to speak for the athlete. Taking them away from it hurts. In all realms of their life’s. To some athletes it’s the only family or guidance they have.
I totally agree. If the B12, ACC and SEC (along with American conference and others) play a fall season......and B12 made it clear yesterday they WERE playing (and even putting fans in the stands), it will certainly have a lasting effect on OSU and other B1G schools.

Lost revenue, lost recruits, etc etc.

OSU showed their true colors when former President Drake wanted Urban fired. Gene Smith didnt speak out to help Urban, even though he knew about the entire situation because Urban was transparent with him about it. Gene looks out for Gene and that is it.

The new B1G commissioner Kevin Warren (aka "Karen") totally dropped the ball by canceling the season so early. He looked adversity in the face and was a QUITTER. Oh yeah......Did you know that Warren's son plays football in the SEC? Look it up. Its ok for his kid to play but not the B1G? Unreal.

If I am Ryan Day I am potentially looking for another job. B1G is now the Big Liberal. "Oh we cant do this because we might get sued". "oh we cant make a public stand on this because we might upset someone". Blah blah blah.

I will tell you this, if I was 17-18 years old, Ohio State wouldnt even be on my radar in terms of schools to attend. Its been a shyte show for a while.

I would also like to see Gene Smith canned tomorrow and replace him with a combination of Archie/Urban as AD/Assist AD.

Gene is bad for business. Looking out for nobody but himself, just like Drake and this new president. Welcome to liberalism where you cannot decide what is best for you anymore, they will tell you what is best for you and then you are forced to do it.

So over it. Gene saying he went to bat for his coaches and players lol. Yeah right. Look at Nebraska. Now THAT is going to bat for your players.

The only way their decision is changed is if OSU and Nebraska, along with PSU or Mich come out and say "we are playing even if we have to change conferences". Then they would quickly renounce their decision to close up fall shop.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OSU/B1G= Spinless and no backbone.

-Avid lifelong OSU supporter/fan.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:42 pm

I totally agree. If the B12, ACC and SEC (along with American conference and others) play a fall season......and B12 made it clear yesterday they WERE playing (and even putting fans in the stands), it will certainly have a lasting effect on OSU and other B1G schools.

OSU showed their true colors when former President Drake wanted Urban fired. Gene Smith didnt speak out to help Urban, even though he knew about the entire situation because Urban was transparent with him about it. Gene looks out for Gene and that is it.

The new B1G commissioner Kevin Warren (aka "Karen") totally dropped the ball by canceling the season so early. He looked adversity in the face and was a QUITTER. Oh yeah......Did you know that Warren's son plays football in the SEC? Look it up. Its ok for his kid to play but not the B1G? Unreal.

If I am Ryan Day I am potentially looking for another job. B1G is now the Big Liberal. "Oh we cant do this because we might get sued". "oh we cant make a public stand on this because we might upset someone". Blah blah blah.

I will tell you this, if I was 17-18 years old, Ohio State wouldnt even be on my radar in terms of schools to attend. Its been a shyte show for a while.

I would also like to see Gene Smith canned tomorrow and replace him with a combination of Archie/Urban as AD/Assist AD.

Gene is bad for business. Looking out for nobody but himself, just like Drake and this new president. Welcome to liberalism where you cannot decide what is best for you anymore, they will tell you what is best for you and then you are forced to do it.

So over it. Gene saying he went to bat for his coaches and players lol. Yeah right. Look at Nebraska. Now THAT is going to bat for your players.

The only way their decision is changed is if OSU and Nebraska, along with PSU or Mich come out and say "we are playing even if we have to change conferences". Then they would quickly renounce their decision to close up fall shop.
Could not agree any more Red!! B1G libtards. Wonder what our Bichigan fan thinks...

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

ACC will make final decision next week. The medical folks for the conference agree with Big 12....these kids are safer in their current environment.

Am hearing that the SEC is going full bore on a 10 game season. That could increase by 1 if they allow some rivalry games (FSU v Gainesville, Georgia v Geo. Tech, Clemson v S. Carolina). Really hope that happens!!

As they say....stay tuned folks!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

IM confused I guess.
OSU is resuming in person learning this fall.
So sports you can get it but moving into dorms , and in class person you can’t ??

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

There will not be any conference changing.

BIG10 schools are not playing.

Period.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Could not agree any more Red!! B1G libtards. Wonder what our Bichigan fan thinks...
Do scUM fans even think? :lol: :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State Suspends Recruiting Travel and Recruit Visits

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:18 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:47 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:44 pm Even though recruiting has been suspended for the time being, the Buckeyes never the less, has picked up a couple defensive back commitments in the last couple days. One a very highly rated 4-star from the St.Louis area, and then today a 3-star from Cincinnati area. These both are 2021 commits.
As I posted earlier today about recruiting being suspended for the time being, and the Buckeyes in the last couple days being able to get commitments from two highly rated defensive backs, well even better news a short time ago, as they got a commitment from Evan Pryor the 5th rated running back in the country. He's a 4-star running back from North Carolina, who was being recruited very heavenly by North Carolina, Georgia, LSU, Penn State and quite a few other top programs around the country. He's a 2021 recruit, and from what I've read, they are also looking very strongly in trying to possibly even trying to bring in another running back in the 2021 class.

Reloading the stable! These boys following some serious talent at RB in the capital
Buckeye running back commit Evan Pryor will forego his senior season at William Amos Hough (North Carolina) High School, instead, the highly rated 2021 running back commit will focus on training as he prepares to enroll early at Ohio State in January.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ohio State Suspends Recruiting Travel and Recruit Visits

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:18 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:47 pm

As I posted earlier today about recruiting being suspended for the time being, and the Buckeyes in the last couple days being able to get commitments from two highly rated defensive backs, well even better news a short time ago, as they got a commitment from Evan Pryor the 5th rated running back in the country. He's a 4-star running back from North Carolina, who was being recruited very heavenly by North Carolina, Georgia, LSU, Penn State and quite a few other top programs around the country. He's a 2021 recruit, and from what I've read, they are also looking very strongly in trying to possibly even trying to bring in another running back in the 2021 class.

Reloading the stable! These boys following some serious talent at RB in the capital
Buckeye running back commit Evan Pryor will forego his senior season at William Amos Hough (North Carolina) High School, instead, the highly rated 2021 running back commit will focus on training as he prepares to enroll early at Ohio State in January.

good news.....

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 pm OSU/B1G= Spinless and no backbone.

-Avid lifelong OSU supporter/fan.

BR, we all share your frustration. The bottom line for the universities that make up the Big 10(14) is that football is not the reason these schools exist. Under the cover of the pandemic I am sure some school presidents seized the opportunity to bring the football programs to heel. Will OSU lose players and recruits? Quite likely. Will they lose coaches? Quite likely. We may see Buckeye football revert to the 1980's level of success (8-3) with a squad of slow white Ohio kids. All we can do now is hope for spring ball and root for our team whatever.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Another possible factor in the Big 10 decision:

Football concerns fueled by heart condition possibly linked to COVID-19

GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA)- At least five Big Ten athletes discovered they have a rare heart condition called Myocarditis, which causes inflammation in the heart.

Athletic trainer from Charleston Southern University, Brad Drake, says after treating s student athlete with Myrocarditis several years ago, he understands why leaders in these two Power 5 conferences are stepping in.

“It’s a very serious issue,” Drake said. “It’s one that requires very reduced to very little activity to try and let the heart muscle heal. The reason it’s so dangerous is it can increase the risk for sudden cardiac arrest.”

Cardiologist from MUSC, Dr. Brian Houston, says five to seven percent of athletes that die from cardiac arrest, had Myocarditis.

Now, speculation is continuing to grow about Myocarditis being a side effect of COVID-19.

“Usually what happens is the virus itself sets up an inflammation in the heart and the immune system makes things worse,” Dr. Houston said. “So we think COVID-19 or the Coronavirus could similarly cause Myrocarditis.”

Common side effects are chest pain, arrhythmia, fatigue and shortness of breath.

He says playing the game isn’t worth the danger it could cause to athletes.

“Even one person getting sick or getting sick to the point of dying or putting anyone at risk of God forbid sudden cardiac death, from my perspective that requires drastic action,” Dr. Houston said.

Other Power 5 conferences are discussing this very thing right now and are expected to make a decision soon.

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news/fo ... -covid-19/

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Thanks for the share

That prolly had a lot to do with it

All the unknowns.....tough decision making for these people.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:56 pm Thanks for the share

That prolly had a lot to do with it

All the unknowns.....tough decision making for these people.

I have ongoing myocarditis from a massive heart infection from two years ago. To say the least it is dibilitating.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ohio State University Ticket Office Season Ticket Policy Has No Option For Spring Season. The recent notice has no option to keep the payment on account for a spring season. Here are the options we have: ( 1 ) Donate your ticket payment(s) to the Champion's fund to support student athletes. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 50 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) ( 2 ) Apply your ticket payment(s) as a deposit to your 2021 football season tickets. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 25 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) or ( 3 ) Receive a full refund for your ticket payment(s). Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it looks like there is not too much hope for a spring season, (or at least having any tickets available for a spring schedule.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:24 pm Ohio State University Ticket Office Season Ticket Policy Has No Option For Spring Season. The recent notice has no option to keep the payment on account for a spring season. Here are the options we have: ( 1 ) Donate your ticket payment(s) to the Champion's fund to support student athletes. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 50 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) ( 2 ) Apply your ticket payment(s) as a deposit to your 2021 football season tickets. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 25 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) or ( 3 ) Receive a full refund for your ticket payment(s). Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it looks like there is not too much hope for a spring season, (or at least having any tickets available for a spring schedule.

I don’t think we will see anything more in the spring then we normally do. We aRe shutting down fall over a lot of unknowns. How in the world are we going to expect theses kids to play TWO football seasons in one year ??? Talk about player safety !!! Chalk this up and move on. Get ready for spring ball as usual. Summer 2021. Ready to roll for fall 2021. Healthy.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:24 pm Ohio State University Ticket Office Season Ticket Policy Has No Option For Spring Season. The recent notice has no option to keep the payment on account for a spring season. Here are the options we have: ( 1 ) Donate your ticket payment(s) to the Champion's fund to support student athletes. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 50 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) ( 2 ) Apply your ticket payment(s) as a deposit to your 2021 football season tickets. ( All customers selecting this option will receive 25 points per seat for the 2021 Seat Selection Process only.) or ( 3 ) Receive a full refund for your ticket payment(s). Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it looks like there is not too much hope for a spring season, (or at least having any tickets available for a spring schedule.

I don’t think we will see anything more in the spring then we normally do. We aRe shutting down fall over a lot of unknowns. How in the world are we going to expect theses kids to play TWO football seasons in one year ??? Talk about player safety !!! Chalk this up and move on. Get ready for spring ball as usual. Summer 2021. Ready to roll for fall 2021. Healthy.

If a spring season happens, it looks like the Big10 may use domed stadiums within the conference footprint to host games. Thus no tickets for home games. That and you are likely correct on no football till fall 21.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ohio State 5-Star defensive end commit Jack Sawyer has opted out of his final high school football season, with an eye toward potentially playing for the Buckeyes this next spring. Sawyer announced Friday, that after extensive discussion with my parents and my high school coaches, and regarding the uncertainty of this high school football season, and with the probability of a spring collegiate season, I have decided to focus on training and preparation for my early enrollment at Ohio State.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 pm Ohio State 5-Star defensive end commit Jack Sawyer has opted out of his final high school football season, with an eye toward potentially playing for the Buckeyes this next spring. Sawyer announced Friday, that after extensive discussion with my parents and my high school coaches, and regarding the uncertainty of this high school football season, and with the probability of a spring collegiate season, I have decided to focus on training and preparation for my early enrollment at Ohio State.
I forgot to add that he is from Pickerington, Ohio, and plays at Pickerington North High School.

Return to “College Sports”