Uh-oh: Jim Tressel could be in major NCAA hot water

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Uh-oh: Jim Tressel could be in major NCAA hot water

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

And STO?
you're really not relying on Bruce Drennan for your Buckeye talk are you?

That's like watching the local broadcasting station in Jackson and taking that old guy and his daughter seriously!

No offense to the old guy and his daughter of course.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Right now this is overkill. JT isn't going anywhere and the NCAA has bigger fish to fry. Had OSU developed a reputation as an "outlaw" school, the NCAA would be gunning for them. But OSU has always tried to be honest and forthright and previous "problems" were handled well, reported and the NCAA was fine with problems brought to their attention. While some punishment is called for, this is not the stuff of the typical SEC team or the old outlaw SWC schools in Texas of years ago. Its not Mich or USC either.

Much ado about not much. Tattoos. Selling some trinkets. Players & coach suspended. Time to move on. The wacky OSU Prez is already on record saying they hope not to have JT leave . Its over ( except for the idiots who can't stop with the B.S. and worry warts that populate internet chat boards.).

Egads !!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I will always be a big Buckeye fan but I'm about as sick of hearing about Jim Tressel as I am Barry Bonds. They both lied and ruined their image. I'm going to just watch the games and take it for what it is. seofan, I disagree that being successful gives a person a free pass and I think that is what most sports fans are sick of seeing. These successful coaches and athletes that are so arrogant that they think they are above rules and punishment. As for the Buckeyes I would rather see the media concentrate on who is going to be there the first five games, instead of who is not. Go Bucks!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I never said being successful gets a free pass, and Tressel is about the farthest thing from getting a free pass.

Being successful grants you more leeway, and more rope to hang yourself with. Tress used a good amount of his extra rope, but his feet aren't dangling below the gallows yet!

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/sport ... ality.html

Here's an article about the role of QC coaches.

They are one of the hardest working and least paid coaches in the game.
Awesome article! Thanks!
Paladin_II wrote:Right now this is overkill. JT isn't going anywhere and the NCAA has bigger fish to fry. Had OSU developed a reputation as an "outlaw" school, the NCAA would be gunning for them. But OSU has always tried to be honest and forthright and previous "problems" were handled well, reported and the NCAA was fine with problems brought to their attention. While some punishment is called for, this is not the stuff of the typical SEC team or the old outlaw SWC schools in Texas of years ago. Its not Mich or USC either.

Much ado about not much. Tattoos. Selling some trinkets. Players & coach suspended. Time to move on. The wacky OSU Prez is already on record saying they hope not to have JT leave . Its over ( except for the idiots who can't stop with the B.S. and worry warts that populate internet chat boards.).

Egads !!
My thoughts exactly! I hope your right about "the NCAA has bigger fish to fry" b/c they do and they should just leave this situation alone now.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Tress said last night he didnt know where the rumor started that he would step down. Hes not going anywhere.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

CLane wrote:My thoughts exactly! I hope your right about "the NCAA has bigger fish to fry" b/c they do and they should just leave this situation alone now.

So basically the NCAA should once again turn a blind eye to what is going on in Columbus and just go after the SEC schools.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

No, they should set punishment, but it should be fair.

Turning a blind eye would mean no suspensions.

Bruce Pearl got 1/4 of his season, Jim Calhoun got 1/10, both were guilty of the same infraction Tress is. OSU has already handed down a suspension of nearly 1/2 of the season, we've already hit ourselves harder than the established NCAA standard.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Luke Fickell is the coach in "preseason" next year so just let Tress go and hire Luke full time. I met him a couple times at games and at a funeral. He went to high school with a couple co-workers kids. Good resume, High school at DeSales (state champ wrestler) and all-state in football (tight end, def. end), played at OSU (nose guard) and if Cooper hadn't lost regular season games he probably would have had a National Title. Young gun, give him a sniff plus he won't cost as much and would probably do it for 1/4 of Jim's salary starting out. If any of the player's tick him off he would have a wrestle off and pin them unmercifully. My kind of guy. Just thinking about the future !!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I absolutely love Luke, our defense was not up to snuff a couple seasons ago, Luke left the box and went to the sidelines, the defense has had a different attitude ever since.

I would love to have Fickell take over the program one day, and would prefer him to be the one that fills Tressel's shoes after JT retires.

He has done a great job recruiting as well, and has made a good run at getting players from out of state.

The best move possible was to give Luke the reigns, and I have increased confidence in a 5-0 start with Luke at the helm.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

I say fire Tressel,hire Urban then maybe just maybe you can compete with the SEC.

ROLL TIDE!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

4puttsnowman wrote:I say fire Tressel,hire Urban then maybe just maybe you can compete with the SEC.

ROLL TIDE!

I thought Ohio State just beat a SEC team in their bowl game. :roll:

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

A bottom feeding team not a top notch team like Alabama!

ROLL TIDE!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Looks like we found a new troll!
Welcome to the site.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

4puttsnowman wrote:A bottom feeding team not a top notch team like Alabama!

ROLL TIDE!
The same bottom feeder that put it all over Auburn and BAMA but couldnt hold a lead?

Welcome TROLL!

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Thanks for the welcome guys . Its nice to see moving back to Ohio that some things never change. If you dont like THE Buckeyes your called a name . Real nice. I personally love it ,it shows the ignorance of most Buckeye fans. Not all just most! :lol: :razz:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Not that you have to like the buckeyes, but so far you've contributed nothing to the forum except name calling of the buckeyes!

Good way to make a splash with your arrival, but also remember, you get what you give!

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

ROLL TIDE!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I say fire Tressel and hire Urban Meyer that would be awesome.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It sure would keep the Columbus police department busy!

Return to “College Sports”