Welcome to Michigan Rich!

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

maybe the $$$$...but look at all West Virginia is losing after this football season..right now it's sort of hard to really say why he left.......no one except those directly involved will know the exact reason why he left.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I love the arrogant OSU fans!!! Yes he lost to Pitt when they should have won, but guess what, it is a rivalry, it happends! I remember several Buckeye teams that have suffered the same fate!

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

First Belien and now Rodriguez!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

If you're getting recruited by Rodriguez, how could you trust him????

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

WOW, are you serious, are you really serious. You can't trust him because he choose to leave a school that has 0 national titles for one who has 11. Go read what Slayton said about him leaving. He has to do what is best for him, and if he feels UM is the best than so be it. Poor YSU, when Tressel left the kids must have been hart broken, but guess what life goes on. This is a business, learn it and love it!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

John Cooper in the season before he came to OSU was 11-1 at ASU with a win over Michigan in the Rose Bowl. However, who did Arizona State lose to that season? That's right, a 5-6 Arizona team(can you say rival) in the last regular season game.

Rich Rod was 10-1 going into the Pitt game as a 28 point favorite. WVU was at home, at night, against their rival, with a national title on the line. WVU went down. A regular season blown against a rival in the LAST GAME OF THE SEASON.

Yes peake, it did happen to OSU teams. It happened with John Cooper at the helm. Think about it.

Sorry, I just had to argue a little on this thread. It's a rivalry :lol:

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

trying to bring it down

something great happens to michigan and osu fans find a way to make it look bad and down talk it

We will see next season and with Rich comes the recruting becasue people say how can you trust him well how in the world did he get Noel Devine there i mean Devine could have started any where else but OSU and Arkansas but I mean he was the deal how did Rich get him there well Rich can recruit and kids trust him becasue the man knows what hes doing he turned WVU around

BTW i didnt know the scout.com wasnt in order i thought i was

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:trying to bring it down

something great happens to michigan and osu fans find a way to make it look bad and down talk it

We will see next season and with Rich comes the recruting becasue people say how can you trust him well how in the world did he get Noel Devine there i mean Devine could have started any where else but OSU and Arkansas but I mean he was the deal how did Rich get him there well Rich can recruit and kids trust him becasue the man knows what hes doing he turned WVU around

BTW i didnt know the scout.com wasnt in order i thought i was

I'm not trying to be a jerk, bud. I'm just doing what any rival of UM should do. haha. I'm sure you're excited, as you should be. Just starting some banter.

Noel Devine isn't a good example though. He got a 12 on his ACT, and not many schools could offer. WVU would take anyone though, so he was welcome there...

If you don't believe me, look up Pat Lazear (sp?). This guy was charged twice with armed robbery. He continuously listed OSU as his favorite, and OSU "insiders" said he had no offer from OSU. Finally, since OSU officials were not allowed to comment on any "specific" recruit, they made a blanket statement that "OSU is not recruiting anyone with a criminal record." That was clearly talking about Pat.

He ended up with a scholly from WVU and RichRod.

I doubt he does those things at Michigan, but I was just saying about Devine. He was a national recruit talentwise, but he had a 2 cent head, which hurt his offer list.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well I am really excited becasue all my life its been Carr and Half decent recruitng and now Rich brings new hopes and looks like a boost in the recruting i mean there is a chance jenkins could follow Rich to michigan which would be nice to fill in for Long next year and this Pryor kid looks the next vince young of college football and it would be the cherry on top if he comes to michigan yea they would then have a problem with Mallet who turned down so many schools to go there but michigan has new life and I feel great about and i when read that OSU fans are bashing Rich it makes me feel like they are worried or just jerks who are a little jealous :lol: I say worried :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Might be time for the NCAA to do what the NFL does for talking to coaches during the season. Coaches leave yes to better themselves but before finishing where they are at. If they leave without being granted permission by the school they work for before all their games are played they should have to sit out a year like players who want to transfer to other schools. They have rules for contact with incoming players.

I am glad he left WVU since he played with Alabama last year. Is it a good move for him will depend on who he gets on his staff and no outside influence there. Time will tell.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Rich Rod vs Pitt is 3-2, that is a bad analogy with Cooper and RR.

Rich Rod with a defense like he had shouldn't have been a contedor in the first place. Not to mention in that game vs Pitt his best player was done after a quarter.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Also, Tressel is a wonderful coach, but he lost to UM in 2003 with a chance to play in the NC.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

sorry RR is 4-3 vs Pitt

hollandkat3
Waterboy

Post by hollandkat3 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:How will he beat Ohio State when he can't even handle the pressure of mighty Pitt? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

I think this is quite funny.

Possibly some Ohio State fans want to knock on Rich, so whatever.

But those of you posting who claim Ohio State fans are trying to bring Rich down, it seems as if you want to already construct a monument for Rich and worship him....

it's a two-way street.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

Wow, congrats Michigan you have a guy who showed he couldn't go undefeated even when it was right in front of him. Also, about Pryor we can all talk and say oh he's going there and going here, but I bet you all that he's looking at stuff like this and getting a good laugh about it because we're all in a scuff about his school of choice. We'll find out from the kid himself. So, let's all just settle down about that for now. Now, then bring on 4 more years of Golden Pants for the Buckeyes!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Michigan will get much much faster now with McGuffie in the picture, not to mention the kid fits perfect in RR scheme. We'll see in the next few seasons how arrogant you OSU fans are.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:Michigan will get much much faster now with McGuffie in the picture, not to mention the kid fits perfect in RR scheme. We'll see in the next few seasons how arrogant you OSU fans are.

Now, who's arrogant again?

BTW, McGuffie is really close friends with OSU commit JB Shugarts. Shugarts mentioned in an article that he wanted OSU's staff to recruit McGuffie, and said McGuffie was very interested. The offer never came. You can take that how you want, but there is something about him that JT didn't care for and you don't question JT :razz: :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Is Michigan playing Appalachian State again next year?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Is Michigan playing Appalachian State again next year?

:?: :?: :?:
is O - state playing illinois (juice williams) again next year??
:roll: :roll: :roll:
glad to see the spread o-fence in michigan. ;-)

Return to “College Sports”