Re: Allstate Sugar Bowl (CFP Semi): #3 Ohio State vs. #2 Clemson

Post by countywide35 »

😂😂😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Two days before kickoff, and aside from Dabo and Day trading barbs, subtle and not so subtle, all talk about the game itself seems to have faded to the background. Thus I ask does anyone have new insights or information as to how the Buckeyes can at least be competitive in this game?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well here is some news. Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott to miss Sugar Bowl because of covid protocols.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/12/clems ... ocols.html

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Omega wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:53 pm Well here is some news. Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott to miss Sugar Bowl because of covid protocols.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/12/clems ... ocols.html
Edit: and all of sudden E$PN is reporting what the make up dates for the playoff would be if the game is cancelled 🤔

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Omega wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:41 am Thus I ask does anyone have new insights or information as to how the Buckeyes can at least be competitive in this game?
I do! Expect the unexpected. Go back some years to year 2003 when the mighty cocky Miami comes rolling into Glendale to play a team that was lucky to win most their games that year, some of them ots and multiple ots, with one game won when a non power conference team dropped a game winning td late in the game. Most Buckeye fans lost a couple years off their life after that year. I thought the Bucks were going to get their hats handed to them that night and would never have thought Craig Krenzel would be the leading rusher in the game. Now I'm not going to guarantee an upset like that but it wouldn't surprise me because this game has that kind of feel to it with nobody outside of diehard fans giving them a chance. Go Bucks!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:41 am Thus I ask does anyone have new insights or information as to how the Buckeyes can at least be competitive in this game?
I do! Expect the unexpected. Go back some years to year 2003 when the mighty cocky Miami comes rolling into Glendale to play a team that was lucky to win most their games that year, some of them ots and multiple ots, with one game won when a non power conference team dropped a game winning td late in the game. Most Buckeye fans lost a couple years off their life after that year. I thought the Bucks were going to get their hats handed to them that night and would never have thought Craig Krenzel would be the leading rusher in the game. Now I'm not going to guarantee an upset like that but it wouldn't surprise me because this game has that kind of feel to it with nobody outside of diehard fans giving them a chance. Go Bucks!

Far as I know bolt me n you the only ones on the thread with positive hopes we. Can pull this off !

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I still think Clemson will win county, but anything can happen! Clemson could have a bad night with turnovers and mistakes and maybe get a big call go against them like that fumble last year in their favor. I thought the call on Wade was good, call on the fumble should never been overturned. BIG 12 officials this year. That probably favors the offenses lol. The safety who ended it last year will not play the first half and the Offensive Coordinator will not be there. That probably wont matter much with Fabio being so seasoned and experienced he can probably make his own calls. If Bucks can limit turnovers and penalties who knows. I know one thing they got to get a body on Skwalski as he can wreck an offense. I look for the Buck defense to give up over 30 points with Fabio and Etienne being so hard to stop in the backfield, so the offense will have to keep up. Supposedly Fields thumb is healed and no factor. Special teams could be important too! I can't wait!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:04 am I still think Clemson will win county, but anything can happen! Clemson could have a bad night with turnovers and mistakes and maybe get a big call go against them like that fumble last year in their favor. I thought the call on Wade was good, call on the fumble should never been overturned. BIG 12 officials this year. That probably favors the offenses lol. The safety who ended it last year will not play the first half and the Offensive Coordinator will not be there. That probably wont matter much with Fabio being so seasoned and experienced he can probably make his own calls. If Bucks can limit turnovers and penalties who knows. I know one thing they got to get a body on Skwalski as he can wreck an offense. I look for the Buck defense to give up over 30 points with Fabio and Etienne being so hard to stop in the backfield, so the offense will have to keep up. Supposedly Fields thumb is healed and no factor. Special teams could be important too! I can't wait!

Justin Fields did aknowledge the fact Dabo has talked down the Bucks....the bulletin board card has been played....the bucks are up against it no doubt including their own fans with the margin of error being slimmer than slim this go around....but again...we still gotta play 4qrters of football and we have talent too....sooooo why not us....🤷‍♂️

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hey county u hear they breaking out the unis from 2015 Sugar Bowl when tbey beat Bammer? Bucks pulling out all the stops to finally beat this team for the first time. Woody will be watching since I think his last game was the first loss in the series.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Dabo the Douche-O played for Bama. He's a snake in the grass. Christian in front of the camera and garbage away from it.

Lets not forget "Mr Everything" Etienne had like 25 yds rushing vs ND round 1.

ND round 1 SCORCHED this Clemson defense, both on the ground and through the air. OSU has by FAR a more explosive offense than ND, who is just big and slow.

Barring TOs, I'm not worried about OSU offensively. They found their pulse with Fields and Sermon vs NW. For those of you who think NWs defense was a joke, think again.
OSUs defense is worrisome. Banks gets lost in coverage no matter if its zone or man to man. Wade has been beat badly at times.

The good news is they've had 2 weeks, as a full team (first time this season) to prepare and get in sync. I stand behind my prediction of OSU winning this game. In order to do that our O line needs to own the LOS and our defense must win the track meet.

I may be headed to New Orleans with a ticket in 8 hours.

Go Bucks!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And one more thing for you non OSU fans, fair weather fans and half ass fans:

OSU is 0-4 vs Clemson
OSU saw this game be unrightfully TAKEN from them last year
OSU had this rematch marked on their calendar since the day after that game
OSU fought the B1G to have a season for THIS game

The outside world thinks OSU wanted to avoid Clemson this year in the playoffs.
Im here to tell you CLEMSON and this game is EXACTLY what they wanted this season.

OHIO AGAINST THE WORLD
SHUT ESPN UP
SHUT DABO UP
SEND SUNSHINE HOME BANGED UP

GO BUCKS!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Buckeyes have the talent to win this game, no question about it, just as much as Clemson does. This game is essentially a coin flip in many people's eyes. I hope Coach Day has this team laser focused (I'm sure he does), because nobody except for us Buckeye fans want them there. So, it's time for OSU to prove they belong in this playoff, and finally get a W on the board against the Tigers.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm The Buckeyes have the talent to win this game, no question about it, just as much as Clemson does. This game is essentially a coin flip in many people's eyes. I hope Coach Day has this team laser focused (I'm sure he does), because nobody except for us Buckeye fans want them there. So, it's time for OSU to prove they belong in this playoff, and finally get a W on the board against the Tigers.
Its like 2014 all over again. Don't deserve to be there, didn't do this, couldn't do that.

Get to potentially go against 2 Heisman finalists in a row. Just like 2014.

I've got a feeling.......

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:53 pm Dabo the Douche-O played for Bama. He's a snake in the grass. Christian in front of the camera and garbage away from it.

Lets not forget "Mr Everything" Etienne had like 25 yds rushing vs ND round 1.

ND round 1 SCORCHED this Clemson defense, both on the ground and through the air. OSU has by FAR a more explosive offense than ND, who is just big and slow.

Barring TOs, I'm not worried about OSU offensively. They found their pulse with Fields and Sermon vs NW. For those of you who think NWs defense was a joke, think again.
OSUs defense is worrisome. Banks gets lost in coverage no matter if its zone or man to man. Wade has been beat badly at times.

The good news is they've had 2 weeks, as a full team (first time this season) to prepare and get in sync. I stand behind my prediction of OSU winning this game. In order to do that our O line needs to own the LOS and our defense must win the track meet.

I may be headed to New Orleans with a ticket in 8 hours.

Go Bucks!

Go bucks !! And if you do get down ther. Take your shirt off and show off that blazing SEOP Nation speed snd put a 40yrd dash clinic on Red😂😂😂😂.

Keep us posted if you get down to New Orleans!!!!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:46 pm And one more thing for you non OSU fans, fair weather fans and half ass fans:

OSU is 0-4 vs Clemson
OSU saw this game be unrightfully TAKEN from them last year
OSU had this rematch marked on their calendar since the day after that game
OSU fought the B1G to have a season for THIS game

The outside world thinks OSU wanted to avoid Clemson this year in the playoffs.
Im here to tell you CLEMSON and this game is EXACTLY what they wanted this season.

OHIO AGAINST THE WORLD
SHUT ESPN UP
SHUT DABO UP
SEND SUNSHINE HOME BANGED UP

GO BUCKS!

Now I got myself a full fledge hardcore loyal live n die bucks fan on with n the thread !!! Been some part timers and bash the team fans on here with us Red....thank goodness you showed up and got my back.... .we will stand beside em win lose or draw...,,,,the hours are ticking by....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm The Buckeyes have the talent to win this game, no question about it, just as much as Clemson does. This game is essentially a coin flip in many people's eyes. I hope Coach Day has this team laser focused (I'm sure he does), because nobody except for us Buckeye fans want them there. So, it's time for OSU to prove they belong in this playoff, and finally get a W on the board against the Tigers.

Great post......

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:05 pm
Its like 2014 all over again. Don't deserve to be there, didn't do this, couldn't do that.

Get to potentially go against 2 Heisman finalists in a row. Just like 2014.

I've got a feeling.......

I’m with ya red......

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

cbolt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:18 pm Hey county u hear they breaking out the unis from 2015 Sugar Bowl when tbey beat Bammer? Bucks pulling out all the stops to finally beat this team for the first time. Woody will be watching since I think his last game was the first loss in the series.

I like it !!!!!!!

Return to “College Sports”