Notre Dame vs. Michigan

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Notre Dame vs. Michigan

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I don't know why the Dutchman even posts.
The thread was started, I said go Blue, and he was the one that
said stuff about me.
Of course, since he's a ND fan he gets to play by other rules and
play dumb when people call it into question.

Then after being upset over a ND thread with an anti-ND comment,
he'll go to an OSU thread and make anti-OSU comments.
Guess that is part of having your own rules too.

As far as the Taliban comment, it's more of an example of how much I dislike ND. I wouldn't actually cheer for the Taliban.

Notre Dame doesn't play defense, and their offense isn't very good either.
Michigan plays a defensive scheme that will help in the passing game but not completely stop it, and they're going to score anytime they want on ND.

Michigan: 38
ND:30

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I don't know why the Dutchman even posts.
The thread was started, I said go Blue, and he was the one that
said stuff about me.
Of course, since he's a ND fan he gets to play by other rules and
play dumb when people call it into question.

Then after being upset over a ND thread with an anti-ND comment,
he'll go to an OSU thread and make anti-OSU comments.
Guess that is part of having your own rules too.

As far as the Taliban comment, it's more of an example of how much I dislike ND. I wouldn't actually cheer for the Taliban.

Notre Dame doesn't play defense, and their offense isn't very good either.
Michigan plays a defensive scheme that will help in the passing game but not completely stop it, and they're going to score anytime they want on ND.

Michigan: 38
ND:30
So you say the Irish have no defense (Monti Teo..one of the top LB's in the game) and their offense is no good. You precede to give your score prediction that is only a touchdown difference? If the Irish are so bad on O then how do they put up 30 on Michigan in your prediction? If Michigan is so over powerful then how are the Irish gonna only lose by 8? Your description of the Irish and Michigan game is not matching your score prediction..

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

UM - 30-20

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

We are on the verge of Super-Conferences. This matchup will be a Big Ten Conference Game one day.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

therepublican wrote:I think a win over Michigan would be huge and also boost the Irish back into the top 25 polls.
Meatchicken isn't that great how do you figure beating them would put ND in the top 25?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Dub, You find me one anti-osu post by me. While I respect your knowledge of your team, you can't give me the same consideration of mine. I post to actually talk some football but every ND thread ends up the same. I guess I should learn my lesson and quit trying.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Orange and Brown wrote:
therepublican wrote:I think a win over Michigan would be huge and also boost the Irish back into the top 25 polls.
Meatchicken isn't that great how do you figure beating them would put ND in the top 25?

Because ND received a lot of votes in the released 1st week AP poll (35) that shows they have a lot of momentum to getting in.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Michigan, Pitt, Oregon St. & UNC are in front of them..so depending on wins and loses this weekend..there could be a lot of shifting. And I do think a big win over Michigan would give ND some respect that they are contenders.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK THIS WILL BE A DANDY GAME , I REALLY DO, AND NOTHING AGAINST NOTRE DAME, I JUST HOPE THE BIG TEN HAS AN OUTSTANDING YEAR THIS YEAR, AND HOPE THE BOWL SEASON IS OVERLOADED WITH BIG TEN TEAMS. SO AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT. I WANT MICHIGAN TO WIN THIS ONE, ONLY BECAUSE OF BIG TEN SUPPORT.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

therepublican wrote: So you say the Irish have no defense (Monti Teo..one of the top LB's in the game) and their offense is no good. You precede to give your score prediction that is only a touchdown difference? If the Irish are so bad on O then how do they put up 30 on Michigan in your prediction? If Michigan is so over powerful then how are the Irish gonna only lose by 8? If Michigan is so over powerful then how are the Irish gonna only lose by 8? .
I'll do this slowly so that you understand:
So you say the Irish have no defense (Monti Teo..one of the top LB's in the game) and their offense is no good.
Notre Dame doesn't play good defense, that's not an issue that you can argue.
They have a good Linebacker, but not a good, or even average defense.
And, with Kelly's gameplan philosophy, that defense will be even worse.

Notre Dame has a great reciever in Floyd, but Crist is not a reliable QB, he doesn't have experience, and he didn't look good
against Purdue. Michigan has a faster, more athletic defense, and plays a different scheme. They don't have a corner that can slow down Floyd,
but Notre Dame doesn't have a QB that is dependable enough to get a win against UM. They couldn't do it last year with Claussen going for 336 and 3 td's, they won't do it this year.
If the Irish are so bad on O then how do they put up 30 on Michigan in your prediction?
Because Michigan's D, while young and fast, isn't that good either.
If Michigan is so over powerful then how are the Irish gonna only lose by 8?
I didn't say Michigan was overpowering, but they are good enough to beat a below average school like Notre Dame.
If Michigan is so over powerful then how are the Irish gonna only lose by 8?
Yes it does.
Neither defense is good enough to reliably stop either offense.
But, Michigan will run all over Notre Dame.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Dub, You find me one anti-osu post by me. While I respect your knowledge of your team, you can't give me the same consideration of mine. I post to actually talk some football but every ND thread ends up the same. I guess I should learn my lesson and quit trying.
I give you respect of the knowledge of your team, but I don't respect your team.
I gave an opinion, and because you don't like what I say, you started the thread running down hill.
You should know by now, that I'm not going to sit back and take ridicule, so if you don't agree with something I say,
and you don't want me to respond, then don't say anything about it.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

but Crist is not a reliable QB, he doesn't have experience, and he didn't look good
against Purdue

What makes you think he is not a reliable QB after one game?

Agree, he doesn't have a lot of experience but that doesn't eliminate him from being productive or a winning QB in the Michigan (I think).

What makes you think he "Didn't look good" against Purdue? He handed the ball off ALL game..ALL game. He barely threw the ball at all..Purdue couldn't stop Allen all day..so Kelley preceeded to hand the ball off (as any good coach would do..find a weakness and pour salt in that area). What made him not look good? To me as an ND fan, I am still up in the air on him but that is because he only handed the ball off. He didn't show a lot of weapons but he has a cannon for an arm (much more than clausen did) and I think Kelley knows that will have to show with a Crist/Floyd, Crist/Jones, tandom if they want to win. What was nice to see was the O line giving Crist time...noticeably against an (average Purdue team) but still giving him time. Clausen and Quinn were always running for their life..whether it was Navy, Nevada, or USC..I didn't see that this past Saturday and will be interested to see what happens this Saturday.

And I think Theo Riddick (Sophomore) has a breakout special teams day.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I would call any 1st year starter, going into their 2nd game unreliable.
What's going to happen when a team does get pressure?
What's going to happen when ND is down a couple scores and they need to throw?
What's going to happen when Crist needs to win the game?

Because nobody can answer these questions is what makes him unreliable.
He may prove to be a very good QB, but his youth and inexperience is what makes him
a liability against teams better than Purdue.

It's a liability that will likely go away, and become a strength. But this game isn't being played
at the end of the year, or when Crist is an established threat. It's being played in 3 days.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Dub I don't disagree with the up in the air unknowns..Me and my other Irish buddies were asking the same things after the game. So many unknowns..which is understandbly a liability going into a MIchican game. Fact may be though, the game is HOME which should help him some and the team in general.

But what I didn't understand was you said "He didn't look good against Purdue" and I didn't know where you got that or what game was on you tv? He handed the ball off the whole game. I don't think that made him look bad..it didn't make him look good either..but I think you should give the kid the benefit of the doubt..they found a weakness and went for it..Purdue couldn't stop the run.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Since the renewal of this game in 1978, ND has had 2 QB's beat Mich. twice and Mich has had only 1 QB beat ND twice. Can you name these 3 QB's.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I can name the UM QB---Harbaugh. Chad Heene would have had it not been for his injury the game before they played. Heene and the Wolverines smashed Notre Dame the year before and then Heene had to watch as Freshmen Ryan Mallett hung 38 on them.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Brady Quinn, Tony Rice?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Yep. Harbaugh, Quinn and Rice

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

My pick is for the Irish.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

UM 38 ND 17

Any game on the road is tough and this will be UM's first.

ND defense can't contain UM's offense for 4 quarters.

UM's DBs are very young so they will give up some yards through the air but UM's overall team conditioning will be the difference.

UM should be undefeated and 5-0 going into the MSU game.

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

GO BLUE....
Michigan 31
ND 14

Return to “College Sports”