Ohio State vs. Miami (FL)

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Re: Ohio State vs. Miami (FL)

Post by TigerTownKid »

I truly believe this is a matter of the teams and conferences we prefer. Week in and week out I pay attention in depth to what teams around the ACC are doing. And like-wise, I'm sure you all do the same considering it's the conference in which your team resides.

Maybe this is a bigger reason for a playoff. If they would do that we could have a Big10/ACC challenge, of the football variety. ;-) ;-) .

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

^^^^ Wow! Even an SEC fan would agree with the conference strength issue. VT is consistant at being highly ranked then losing to teams that at least half of the bigten schools would hammer. Miami is coming back and Shannon is a good coach, FSU may get it back eventually. But when you use NC and GT as programs, it is like bigten followers using Northwestern because that would be a good matchup year in and year out or maybe MSU but MSU has had BCS caliber seasons whereas GT has had one and that was a fluke and as pointed out they got hammered by the #2 BigTen team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Why arent you ACC people trying to tear down my points? I guess its hard to argue stats!

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

The ACC is a joke ,the only reason they joined this conference is because they couldnt compete in the SEC. All i have to say is GO BUCKS 28-14

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

mab43bac wrote:The ACC is a joke ,the only reason they joined this conference is because they couldnt compete in the SEC. All i have to say is GO BUCKS 28-14
People like you is why I absolutely despise Ohio State. There are fans out there that give the rest of the Buckeye faithful a bad name. How can you state that the ACC is a joke when you're a fan of a team in the Big10?! I'm not arguing that the ACC Is one of the conferences at the top....but is the Big10?!?! Let's be serious here.

And to say that they couldn't compete in the SEC is just ludicrous.

And who is the SEC fan agreeing with you? (not you 43)

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Lol. I have read alot of stupid arguements on this forum but I do believe this one ranks right at the top. Anyone who follows college football as a whole obviously knows and would state the ACC is not a strong football conference by no means. Basketball yes, football not so much. Miami is a great program with alot of great history of winning and producing players to the league. FSU dominated the 90s and I believe will be an elite program again in the future. Aside from that the ACC has very little. Va Tech is always a high pre season favorite and falls on their face and the rest of the conference needs to just worry about basketball season (duke, unc, wake, etc.)

The Big10 is not the most dominate out there. I'm a die hard buckeye and follow the big10, but also the entire college football scene. It does not take a genious to realize the ACC is not the caliber football conference as the big10 when u throw names out there like Penn state who is a solid team each year, Iowa who is a solid team esp this year. Wisconsin has a great program. Michigan is the winningest program to play the game and Ohio State is a elite team year in and year, and their tradition is among the best of any program and runs as deep as u wanna look

No the big10 may not be the strongest conference. However, it beats the hell out of the ACC and to argue that you would have to be a fool or completely clueless

Go Buckeyes beat Miami!!

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

People like you is why I absolutely despise Ohio State. There are fans out there that give the rest of the Buckeye faithful a bad name. How can you state that the ACC is a joke when you're a fan of a team in the Big10?! I'm not arguing that the ACC Is one of the conferences at the top....but is the Big10?!?! Let's be serious here.

Number1. how do you know im a big ten or a buckeye fan. You dont so dont make assumptions.And fans like you is the reason i hate football teams from the south you think they are so much more superior than the teams up here .And yes the BIG TEN is better than the ACC .So get your facts straight then we can talk .

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

They are. I'm not referring to Miami right here anymore. But please look at the last 8 National Champions since Ohio State last one it. Please tell me where EVERY single one of those schools are located? I think that stat ends all discussion on that topic. Thank you, come again.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

mab43bac wrote:People like you is why I absolutely despise Ohio State. There are fans out there that give the rest of the Buckeye faithful a bad name. How can you state that the ACC is a joke when you're a fan of a team in the Big10?! I'm not arguing that the ACC Is one of the conferences at the top....but is the Big10?!?! Let's be serious here.

Number1. how do you know im a big ten or a buckeye fan. You dont so dont make assumptions.And fans like you is the reason i hate football teams from the south you think they are so much more superior than the teams up here .And yes the BIG TEN is better than the ACC .So get your facts straight then we can talk .
And how is that for getting my facts straight??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

JChipwood wrote:^^^^ Wow! Even an SEC fan would agree with the conference strength issue. VT is consistant at being highly ranked then losing to teams that at least half of the bigten schools would hammer. Miami is coming back and Shannon is a good coach, FSU may get it back eventually. But when you use NC and GT as programs, it is like bigten followers using Northwestern because that would be a good matchup year in and year out or maybe MSU but MSU has had BCS caliber seasons whereas GT has had one and that was a fluke and as pointed out they got hammered by the #2 BigTen team.
Did you mean ACC?

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

my thought exactly OB, made me think about how much this poster knows about college football. ;-) :roll:

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

No, I meant even an SEC fan (who is a fan of the strogest conference) would agree that the BigTen is much tougher than the ACC. Which is exactly what I said the first time. I know what conference VT is in as well as FSU and the U. The BigTen is not the strongest but is much better than the ACC at the top and the middle, the bottom feeders stink in both conferences. Anyone claiming that the ACC is comparable to the BigTen now or in the past is subject to questioning cfb knowledge.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

TigerTownKid wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Miami plays in the ACC, and that is a joke.

Miami returns players, but they are returners that are
not as good as Buckeye returners.
I have to disagree with that statement. The Big Ten has (other than OSU) Iowa and Wisconsin. ANd possibly Michigan.
The ACC has Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida State, North Carolina. So I believe that out of the two, The Big Ten is the joke.
Iowa beat Georgia Tech, Wisconsin beat Miami. Ohio State was better than Iowa AND Wisconsin. Penn State beat LSU; a school from the toughest conference in the country with a good football reputation. Virginia Tech seems to take a hit early in the season the past few years. Carolina and FSU are good programs, but not great right now.

I'm curious about something; why did you put Carolina and FSU up, but no mention of Clemson? They choke on a more consistant basis than the Buckeyes do, but are still a more solid program than those two at this point in time.
TigerTownKid wrote:They are. I'm not referring to Miami right here anymore. But please look at the last 8 National Champions since Ohio State last one it. Please tell me where EVERY single one of those schools are located? I think that stat ends all discussion on that topic. Thank you, come again.
Those national titles you speak of were mostly from the SEC. How many has Miami played in? The ACC? That'd be like us Ohio U fans to say "we're better than you because Ohio State wins a lot of games!"

If Miami wants to shut Ohio State up, there will be no better way than to do it in Columbus saturday. Randy Shannon would be a god in the college football spectrum, the Hurricanes would shoot up the poles and be on their way to making a title run. I think they're a year away though.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ACC Champ got hammered in their BCS bowl game last year against a big 10 team. Check one for the big 10.

Big ten last year had more teams playing in BCS games (winning both) than ACC had playing in BCS games. Check two for the Big 10.

Big ten had more teams ranked in the final poll than the ACC last year. Check three, your ACC is OUT!

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

Thank you bleeding red ,as i stated this is why i hate the fans and the teams from the south .they think are superior .Have them come up here and play every week and see how good they are . They wouldnt be .Case closed

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Did I not say in my last post that I WAS NOT referring to Miami, and I believe the SEC is located in the South. It;s just a proven fact that football in the South is superior to that in the North. There is no argument that you can give me for that.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

TigerTownKid wrote:Did I not say in my last post that I WAS NOT referring to Miami, and I believe the SEC is located in the South. It;s just a proven fact that football in the South is superior to that in the North. There is no argument that you can give me for that.
NO!
It's proven that 3 SEC schools and Texas were superior to the schools they were playing.

In 2003, LSU was better than Oklahoma
In 2004, USC was better than Oklahoma
In 2005 Texas was equal to USC. It was a great game and either team could have waled out the title holder. Texas was slightly better that night.
In 2006, Florida was better than OSU
In 2007, LSU was healthy finally, so they were better than OSU, who was ranked 7th when they stopped playing.
In 2008, Florida was better than Oklahoma
In 2009, Bama was better than Texas, and much better once they knocked Colt McCoy out in the first drive.

So in the years since the 2002 title game, that you claim dominance of the southern schools over the north with the title game reference,
only twice was it a southern school beating a northern school.
Both times it involved OSU, and only once did it involve a team truly shutting down the northern school.
(there are issues in that game that we don't need to rehash on this thread)

OSU gets to be the goat in these discussions, but nobody around here is willing to see that Oklahoma has lost 3 title games in this span.

I'm failing to see the dominance that you pointed out.
If you want, we can bring up the other bowl games, where the Big 10 has performed very well against the SEC and other "southern" schools.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As JT will say tomorrow at Skull Session (and will be there attentively listening).....

GO BUCKS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

lets go bucks, i've heard this for nearly 9 years , about that call. after seeing the video on facebook, there could have been 3 penalties called on the same guy, holding the reciever from the line of scrimmage, pass interference, and then facemasking. either way a penalty would have been called , and it would have been first n goal. THEN I MIGHT ADD WE STUFFED THE CANES 4 STRAIGHT DOWNS FROM THE SHADOWS OF THE GOAL LINE.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

tOSU-34
The U- 17

tOSU is College Football.

Arrogant? I know.
Cocky? Si (Spanish for yes.)
Fact? !100%

Return to “College Sports”