Uh-oh: Jim Tressel could be in major NCAA hot water

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Uh-oh: Jim Tressel could be in major NCAA hot water

Post by fightingtigers45 »

gahs4ever wrote:There are worse things than being naive; like being so full of hatred for all things Big Ten and tOSU that you cant remember the Big Ten (OSU) beating the SEC in the last bowl game.
I think you missed the sarcasm on that post, gahs. If this stuff is true, they would vacate the season and the bowl victory...meaning the SEC would still be undefeated.

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm on that post, gahs.
I missed it too! :oops:

Here was a great comment from someone below an article:
"So Yahoo Sport publishes breaking news, their only cited source is Yahoo Sports, and we all just take it as the gospel. These are the same people who are currently breaking other groundbreaking stories on Les Miles's Mardi Gras float, Ndamukong Suh's favorite basketball team, Tom Brady's ponytail, and Cuttino Mobley's dream of opening a medical marijuana shop."

Yahoo!Sports is such a joke!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They are the same people who buried USC, are getting ready to expose Oregon, were large contributors in the Cam Newton case, and ran Barry Bonds out of baseball.

They are not jokes!

If it turns out that they lied, OSU will own Yahoo by years end.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Dispatch reporting that Tress did know of this stuff...he got an email from an attorney informing him of this stuff with the selling of memoribilia... It states Tress is still coach

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

espn

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Did you read the dispatch report

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I told you all that there was more to the tattoo gate thing than was being reported, and it involved drugs. Just wanted to point out that my source had us informed on this almost 4 months ago!

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Another reason for everyone to hate OSU.... I don't think anyone in college sports is clean...No one will ever believe a word he says again

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The people who didn't believe him before, will continue in that path!

The people who were fringe Tressel supporters and liked to turn the apple cart on JT will bash him.

The people who love the coach, man, and mentor, will take the punishment, accept what they are given, and still support JT in full!

I am in the last group of people.

I AM DAM PROUD TO HAVE JIM TRESSEL AS MY TEAMS HEAD COACH!
end of story!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

gahs4ever wrote:BTW, if you go to the Yahoo Sports report and see the long list of responses at the bottom, the thing I warned about is running rmapant even as I type; calling OSU, Tressel and everything Ohio State cheaters and every vile word imaginable. These blooming, brainless idiots wont even wait for a ruling. Theyve already settled the case.

Tressel may or may not be guilty of anything, but whatever the verdict, it wont come from ignorant people with a "National Enquirer" mentality.

And I wont be eating my words whatever the verdict, because apparently I am one of the few who prefers to wait until all the evidence is in and a decision is rendered.

Guilty until proven innocent... :shock: happens all the time when this type news breaks.
If you are a fan of a rival team... KICK EM WHEN THEY"RE DOWN... seems to be how it is in todays world.

I'll just wait until it unwinds. My guess is there are more teams/schools cheating/bending rules than not.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:The people who didn't believe him before, will continue in that path!

The people who were fringe Tressel supporters and liked to turn the apple cart on JT will bash him.

The people who love the coach, man, and mentor, will take the punishment, accept what they are given, and still support JT in full!

I am in the last group of people.

I AM DAM PROUD TO HAVE JIM TRESSEL AS MY TEAMS HEAD COACH!
end of story!
I would say you are absolutely right.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The sun will come up tomorrow, JT will still be the head coach and a year from now this won't matter one whit unless you are a hater of tOSU. Probably some extra sanctions including reduced scholarships will be levied by the NCAA and OSU will still crush the Big 10 (12?).

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

:oops: :aaaaa25 :aaaaa36 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa1 :aaaaa129 :aaaaa3

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It wouldn't surprise me to see the NCAA give Tressel the same time off as they gave the students he protected.

I also expect May, Cowherd, Rome, and the other talking heads to really push for more.

In the end, the NCAA will likely add sone more to the punishment.
And I kind of expect JT to be handed a 5 game suspension by the NCAA.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I wonder what would be being typed on this board if it would have been Urban Meyer doing the lying...

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Not a Buckeye fan but not a hater either. With that said, JT is a standup guy and takes the blame along with the medicine.

In this day and age, the lack of good parenting that most of these players did not receive, why would someone want to be a head coach at the college level in this age of "amateur athletics"?

The NCAA and the universities make hundreds of millions of dollars yearly from these "amateur athletes" and the coaches are supposed to babysit them at all times to keep them "pure".

The definition of hypocrite = NCAA.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Did anyone else catch the verbal barb towards USC and some SEC schools given by Gene Smith.
He mentioned how quickly they acted and got the NCAA involved, "as opposed to other schools in similar situations"!

Classic

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mister B wrote:Not a Buckeye fan but not a hater either. With that said, JT is a standup guy and takes the blame along with the medicine.

In this day and age, the lack of good parenting that most of these players did not receive, why would someone want to be a head coach at the college level in this age of "amateur athletics"?

The NCAA and the universities make hundreds of millions of dollars yearly from these "amateur athletes" and the coaches are supposed to babysit them at all times to keep them "pure".The definition of hypocrite = NCAA.

And coaches like Meyer, Tressel and Saban are making $3.5 million a year which is by no means a paupers wage. It'd take me 65 years with my wages now to make what these guys make in one and that's without the other bonuses. Put them all on a pedestal if you want but they're all overpaid babysitter's and are revered too much. The coaches,athletic director's and school President's are just as much at fault as the NCAA - (Most of them run the darn thing anyway).

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I wonder what would be being typed on this board if it would have been Urban Meyer doing the lying...

VERY GOOD QUESTION :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I wonder what would be being typed on this board if it would have been Urban Meyer doing the lying...
Maybe Yahoo! Sports should direct their attention south of the Mason-Dixon line. That'll keep them busy for years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”