What will the committee do if PSU blocks out OSU from the B1G Champ

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What will the committee do if PSU blocks out OSU from the B1G Champ

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS HAS BEEN A CRAZY YEAR IN THE BIG TEN NO DOUBT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

route7 wrote:I think Clemson and Louisville are highly over rated. With Louisville's loss to Houston, that eliminates them from contention. Clemson has now clenched a spot in the ACC title game. Let's assume they win. Now let's move on to the Big Ten. Let's say Ohio State beats Michigan and then Penn State beats Sparty (Which cannot be assumed, that is a toss-up game in my book) We have Penn State vs Wisconsin for the B1G title game. Wisconsin beats PSU and wins the conference. How about Washington wins the PAC12.
I BELIEVE these are the best 4 teams in the country-----------This is how the committee will sort it out
1. Alabama----------------------------------------------------------1. Alabama
2. Ohio State--------------------------------------------------------2. Clemson
3. Washington-------------------------------------------------------3. Washington
4. Wisconsin-------------------------------------------------------- 4. Wisc/OSU depending on how they will value the conference championship
bammer is out starting this weekend.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

You think so noreply?

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Don't count out the possibility of Washington losing to State this weekend

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bama did not look good against FCS Chattanooga Saturday. Granted, it would be hard to get up for such a undeserving match up.

I think there is a serious chance that Auburn could pull off the upset in the Iron Bowl. Lets face it, Bama and LSU was a dogfight and Florida beat LSU (granted LSU had a chance to win with under a minute left).

If Bama would happen to lose this game against Auburn, who knows what could happen in the SEC Championship if Florida catches a break here and there.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Bleeding Red wrote:Bama did not look good against FCS Chattanooga Saturday. Granted, it would be hard to get up for such a undeserving match up.

I think there is a serious chance that Auburn could pull off the upset in the Iron Bowl. Lets face it, Bama and LSU was a dogfight and Florida beat LSU (granted LSU had a chance to win with under a minute left).

If Bama would happen to lose this game against Auburn, who knows what could happen in the SEC Championship if Florida catches a break here and there.
ohio and big 14 HOMERS like you the sensitive,crybaby,know no football Mighty Minford Falcon redBOY like to Downgrade anything SEC.THE KING of COLEGE FOOTBALL lead by Roll Tide!!...OH...TH...Wouldnt wager much on this happening. But if it did and THE GATORS would knock off FSU and THE TIDE and win THE SEC championship they are in the playoffs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No more name calling or trolling other posters. This is getting out of hand when someone makes a post and someone needs to troll. Stay on topic..no more off topic talk.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I believe and most of the so called experts on TV tend to agree that the bucks will secure a top 4 spot with a win sat even with a penn state win

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:I believe and most of the so called experts on TV tend to agree that the bucks will secure a top 4 spot with a win sat even with a penn state win
True. Given their resume of wins, they are clearly one of the best 4 teams in the country. A win Saturday solidifies it with a win over a #3 ranked *ichigan.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this is going to be epic.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Bleeding Red wrote:
fbnut wrote:I believe and most of the so called experts on TV tend to agree that the bucks will secure a top 4 spot with a win sat even with a penn state win
True. Given their resume of wins, they are clearly one of the best 4 teams in the country. A win Saturday solidifies it with a win over a #3 ranked *ichigan.
Dont think so. Unequivocally better than who?....PSU if they win the division?...Dont think so?....Bama? :lol: ...Clemson?..Prove it......Washington..Prove it.....USC? :lol: ...Colorado?....Prove it.....Sooners?....Prove it.....Okla St?....Prove it.....Florida?....Prove it.....Wisky...Prove it....Louisville?...Prove it....And plenty more on any GIVEN day....Win the Conference and I will agree. This year it hold the most weight because of the relative strength of some of these squads. Nobody can say that ohio is unequivocally one of the 4 best squads in America. Not this day unless you are a big 14 and ohio HOMER or Barry and his followers.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Inspector wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Dont think so. Unequivocally better than who?....PSU if they win the division?...Dont think so?....Bama? :lol: ...Clemson?..Prove it......Washington..Prove it.....USC? :lol: ...Colorado?....Prove it.....Sooners?....Prove it.....Okla St?....Prove it.....Florida?....Prove it.....Wisky...Prove it....Louisville?...Prove it....And plenty more on any GIVEN day....Win the Conference and I will agree. This year it hold the most weight because of the relative strength of some of these squads. Nobody can say that ohio is unequivocally one of the 4 best squads in America. Not this day unless you are a big 14 and ohio HOMER or Barry and his followers.
I wouldn't say that OSU is without a doubt a top 4 team, but it's pretty feasible that IF they win this weekend, there is no way on this earth they could be dropped out of the top 4. They already did prove they were better than Oklahoma and Wisconsin, remember? They beat both of them on the road.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
The Inspector wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
I wouldn't say that OSU is without a doubt a top 4 team, but it's pretty feasible that IF they win this weekend, there is no way on this earth they could be dropped out of the top 4. They already did prove they were better than Oklahoma and Wisconsin, remember? They beat both of them on the road.
With a win this week the bucks will have a 3-1 record against the top 8, impressive not sure anyone else in the country can say that. Road wins at Oklahoma and Wisconsin. Lone loss on the road because of a blocked kick for td against a top 8 penn state. A member said this week that 2-5 are close and that Washington is 5 because their SOS is not as good as the others. A member also said there is a separation between 2-5 and 6-11. I just don't see how you beat the 3rd ranked team and drop 1 spot let alone 3. None of it matters though if the bucks don't win this week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

With a win this week the bucks will have a 3-1 record against the top 8, impressive not sure anyone else in the country can say that

THAT WOULD BE QUITE A FEAT NUT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M UP FOR IT.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

2 years ago Bucky Barry was on that committee and it was "all about" that 13th data point or lack thereof. Remember?..Baylor and TCU were ranked ahead of ohio going into Conference championship week. And then the politics changed. ohio put the frontrun on a poor wisky team. TCU beat IOWA ST 55-3 the same weekend and dropped from 3rd to 6th in the final rankings. This "Committee" said that since the B1G 10 didnt have a Conference Championship game and thus lacked that 13th Data Point :lol:...You are out!!!

Now use the scenario that psu knocks off msu. They should.psu is terribly overrated but msu....stinks....They had to play 6-8 freshmen last week on defense and had to play with out MMcdowell...3 started on the D-Line and a coupe in the secondary...OConnor is so bad and Scott ran wild even though he is slower than next week. Anyhow using ohio logic since psu beat ohio they are better. psu wins and they win the east and play in the big 14 title game. While this goes on ohio sits home and doesnt accumulate that 13th data pt. I have heard the argument that they would be better off sitting at home than playing for a title :lol: ......Bulletin...They are NOT that good :lol:

While this is going on lets say that Clemson beats SC and Va Tech or Carolina in the ACC Title game. Think they are in?...The Pac 12 is down this year somewhat in that it has been a dissappointing year for the Arizonas and UCLA. But they cuurently have 3-4 of the top 8 teams in this country RIGHT NOW this week. Whoever wins the title will have had to scratch and claw their way past that 13th game and win a Championship. Which is no EASY feat and any league and needs to be rewarded. And USC is as good as anyone right not Known as ROLL TIDE. A top 4 team without a doubt even with 3 early losses. The SEC Champion is in. The way that this group took care of msu last year and tried with Iowa :lol: over a Stanford team who was playing well wont be duplicated no matter what the jury foreman FA wants.

So if psu beats Wisky in the title game you really believe that the big 14 will get 2 teams in?...Even Barry wont be guilty of that kind of collusion. They will represent the 14 which is sickening in itself. Bama,Clemson,Pac12 winner,and psu. Sooner left out .Okla St left out. 2-3 nice Pac-12 teams left out. A couple of fairly good 14 teams in ohio and Michigan will be left out.Of course this wont be the scenario exactly. But it is accurate as far as The Final 4 will be represented By 1 team each from the SEC,ACC,PAC-12,and the big 14.....ohio has to beat Michigan,hope that msu knocks off psu,and then beat Wisky in the 14 title game. That is their ticket. This commitee will try but an osu squad who doesnt win their division or the Conference title game will not be going to the playoffs. if they do it is criminal. Precedent was set 2 yrs ago for this and the rebellion they would here across the nation would not make this kind of collusion feasible.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:No more name calling or trolling other posters. This is getting out of hand when someone makes a post and someone needs to troll. Stay on topic..no more off topic talk.
Thank you noreply66! I assure you Bleeding Red is not on "southeastern Alabama preps" trolling their threads. Heaven forbid Ohio prep fans post about an Ohio college football game without being personally attacked by an insufferable troll dragging for a response.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It feels like Southeastern Alabama preps sometimes Oaf!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Because you guys give him what he wants....attention. I hope the Bucks win Saturday, I think they should. If not, end of discussion. If they and PSU wins, here is what I think happens. Wisky beats PSU in B1G championship and the Bucks are in the playoff.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope you're right about the bucks game. I hope they quit sleepwalking and wake up.

Return to “College Sports”