Notre Dame vs. Michigan

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Notre Dame vs. Michigan

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have to admit that I was quite suprised by how much better UM looked in their opener.

I think ND will get throttled by 17

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

For those of you that have mentioned that uconn beat ND last year, remember that Brian Kelly beat uconn last year at Cincy. The Bearcats had 711 yds of offense. Michigan's win last week was impressive but lets not confuse uconn's defense with the steel curtain. I believe the Irish need to throw the ball downfield to win but I trust Coach Kelly to have a great gameplan after all he has won 18 straight regular season games. This game might be as good as last year's which was a dandy.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Let's also remember, that Coach Kelley was coaching a better team last year.

Michigan has some injury issues that will allow ND to key in even more on stopping Robinson.
I haven't posted on this thread since those issues arose, if Kelley can inspire his defense to play great, then Michigan might have their hands full.

Then again, when was the last time Kelley inspired a defense?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Yes,Cincy was better with less talent. No way ND loses to Mich last year if Kelly is coaching. I can only imagine what he could have done with Tate, Clausen, Floyd, Rudolph and Allen. H e wouldn't needed a defense ;-) Yes Dub I will admit you were right about Weis. He was " Fools Gold ".

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Dutch- OMG, the thought of Kelley with the players you listed makes me ill to think "what could've been". But We will see, he still has Rudolph which Kelley displayed he will go to this year against Purdue. Floyd is still there which in my mind is the biggest weapon out of the list since Samardzija..we will see! I think we will see a bigger game plan this weekend and see a large passing scheme! Also, I don't know if you were impressed but I was by Gary Gray's defense on the outside corner..wow that guy was in on every tackle! I am glad to see we have a corner back that is reliable..

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Take the Wolves and the points and you will have a good day :)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

therepublican wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Every year I hate what this game make me do...

...GO BLUE!
They are both blue?
They do not call ND "BLUE"

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Rooting for Michigan in this one. I always support and pull for all Big Ten schools.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Let me ask you ND fans this. Why do they let lou even comment on ND? COnflict of interest. Herbie can't make predictions on OSU, but they let the slobbering wonder get up their and beat off to Notre Dame. I don't care how good a coach he was, it is ridiculous to hear him talk about Notre Dame.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

:lol: :lol: Yea no kidding. I know he's a smart man and was a hell of a coach, but I can't take a word he says serious with that fat tongue he talks with.

Back to the game. I don't think ND has enough to stop Denard Robinson, he looked freakishly good against UCONN, not just running the ball but throwing it as well, 19-22 passing is an amazing ratio no matter the competition your up against.
I think this game is gonna be close, but RichRod is feeling the heat and needs this win more at this point and will play with more of a sense of urgency.

UM-31
ND-27

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

I guess the reason is the same reason they let a moron like Desmond Howard make predictions :lol:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This was a hard loss to take as an Irish fan, a what could've been. If Crist plays the entire game the Irish win, but you can't dwell on what could have been and we have to look forward to next week and Mich. St.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

I'm gonna say this right now, and remember I am a die hard BUCKEYE fan, Denard Robinson, in my book, is the man to beat in the Heisman Race. That guy is absolutely scary, and I say that cause my Buckeyes have to play them in 9 weeks, the guys is a STUD. If Robinson hadn't stepped up during the spring, Michigan would be 0-2, bottom line fact. Robinson is the guys to beat for Heisman, NOBODY can argue that at this point.

'93OAK
Waterboy

Post by '93OAK »

I agree with 2trap_4ever. I also think that the defense played alot harder and with more emotion than they did at any point last year. Robinson was something to watch, amazing athlete.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Pol Pot wrote:Take the Wolves and the points and you will have a good day :)
Did that!!!!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Dickrod has found a QB to run his offense. Could be interesting season for UM.

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

Still not impressed by either of these teams. Once again remember last year Michigan fans you started 4 and 0 and then look what happened .Robinson wont last being your only weapon on offense. Just wait until you get into Big Ten play he wont running like that on the better teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mab43bac wrote:Still not impressed by either of these teams. Once again remember last year Michigan fans you started 4 and 0 and then look what happened .Robinson wont last being your only weapon on offense. Just wait until you get into Big Ten play he wont running like that on the better teams.

My thoughts as well. Good points.

Big 10 defenses this year are going to be far superior than ND's defense. They will gobble Robinson up at the line of scrimmage and make him beat you with his arm, which I dont think he can.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Last year at this point Tate Forcier was the "front runner".
Let's wait and see what Robinson does when he faces a real team.

Um, other than that, all I have to say to The Flying Dutchman is:
:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Nice post Dub. You are one mature dude. ND lost a tough one but noone can fault their effort. If Crist doesn't get hurt, I am sure the outcome would have been different. Give Mich. credit though they did what they had to do to win.

Return to “College Sports”