Ohio State Spring Game

Brutus8907
All State

Re: Ohio State Spring Game

Post by Brutus8907 »

there has been talk on ESPN that OSU is gonna have to do some major work to get into another national title. with what has happened the last 2 years they were saying that a 1 loss Oklahoma, Georgia or Mizzou might get a title bid over and undefeated OSU team. so essentially FalconFan is right, if they get into another NC (or any bowl game for that matter) winning is a must or you can kiss any national respect for OSU goodbye.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Brutus8907 wrote:there has been talk on ESPN that OSU is gonna have to do some major work to get into another national title. with what has happened the last 2 years they were saying that a 1 loss Oklahoma, Georgia or Mizzou might get a title bid over and undefeated OSU team. so essentially FalconFan is right, if they get into another NC (or any bowl game for that matter) winning is a must or you can kiss any national respect for OSU goodbye.

1 loss Mizzou?...I dont see that...

The Oklahoma one? Maybe

Georgia? Definitely :-D

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No way!!! Ill bet you the farm that If were undefeated no one loss team will play in front of us. You should know by now the guys fron ESPN have shown every year that they dont know sqaut.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

Ozzie does make a point. But, also if OSU goes to USC and beats them in their own house and then goes undefeated the rest of the way. They belong in the National Title game. And hey isn't the National Title game in Miami this year?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
Brutus8907 wrote:there has been talk on ESPN that OSU is gonna have to do some major work to get into another national title. with what has happened the last 2 years they were saying that a 1 loss Oklahoma, Georgia or Mizzou might get a title bid over and undefeated OSU team. so essentially FalconFan is right, if they get into another NC (or any bowl game for that matter) winning is a must or you can kiss any national respect for OSU goodbye.

The Oklahoma one? Maybe

Oklahoma is laughable. Please show me their success in the championship and BCS games. LOL LOL LOL

If OSU is undefeated, they will play for the title. Everyone seems to forget that last year's team was expected to play in the Outback Bowl. That's how young and inexperienced the team was last year. Yes, let's bash them for overachieving, and because other teams couldn't hold onto their national championship game spot.

fightingtigers45
S

Orestes wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:

The Oklahoma one? Maybe

Oklahoma is laughable. Please show me their success in the championship and BCS games. LOL LOL LOL

If OSU is undefeated, they will play for the title. Everyone seems to forget that last year's team was expected to play in the Outback Bowl. That's how young and inexperienced the team was last year. Yes, let's bash them for overachieving, and because other teams couldn't hold onto their national championship game spot.

That hideous schedule helped a bit...Playing cupcakes until atleast your 9th game...

Ohio State and Oklahoma have both won a National Championship under the BCS format...Also lost in two National Championship games (same as Ohio State) and only one of them was a blow out unlike both of Ohio States games...

Oklahoma has also won an Orange Bowl under the BCS format...Yeah, they lost to Boise two seasons ago, but their success has been pretty good

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Ohio State has won 2 Fiesta Bowls (not including the NC one) under the BCS format. :122245

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

OSU has won 3 of 5 BCS Bowls. OU has lost 4 straight BCS Bowls.

I will keep in mind that being down 14, with the ball in the opponent's territory, in the early part of the 4th quarter is a blowout.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Orestes wrote:OSU has won 3 of 5 BCS Bowls. OU has lost 4 straight BCS Bowls.

I will keep in mind that being down 14, with the ball in the opponent's territory, in the early part of the 4th quarter is a blowout.

Cause when a team is down 14 there is no way they can come back. :roll: :roll: :roll:

fightingtigers45
S

Lets put it this way, if you dont want to call it a blowout then fine...But after the first quarter, Ohio State was done...

Also, they were down 3 TDs with under two minutes to go...blowout

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

after the first quarter the score was 10-7 OSU

the third and fourth quarters saw both teams score 7 points each.

The second quarter was all the difference.

For the game, the Buckeyes had more yards offense, but couldn't convert on 3rd down (23% vs 61% for LSU),
and they turned the ball over 2 more times than LSU. LSU had the ball for 7 minutes longer than the Buckeyes,
and OSU gave LSU 50 yards in penalties.

No one outside of Gator fans consider LSU game a blowout, the Florida game was, but that was totally different circumstances.

Oh, by the way, at least our National title football is still intact.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:after the first quarter the score was 10-7 OSU

the third and fourth quarters saw both teams score 7 points each.

The second quarter was all the difference.

For the game, the Buckeyes had more yards offense, but couldn't convert on 3rd down (23% vs 61% for LSU),
and they turned the ball over 2 more times than LSU. LSU had the ball for 7 minutes longer than the Buckeyes,
and OSU gave LSU 50 yards in penalties.

No one outside of Gator fans consider LSU game a blowout, the Florida game was, but that was totally different circumstances.

Oh, by the way, at least our National title football is still intact.

The score was 10-7 yes, but even you, as a Buckeye fan, must admit you knew LSU was getting ready to go on a roll...I didnt think they would go 21-0 in the second, but at the time I told people they would outscore the Bucks by atleast 14 in that quarter...Ohio State was out-coached, which is sad, considering Miles is the LSU coach...

Not saying Tress cant coach, because he certainly can, but his big game coaching is turning into being a little skeptical...

And, if you call the last two seasons National Title football then by all means, call it that :lol: :lol:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

fightingtigers45 wrote:The score was 10-7 yes, but even you, as a Buckeye fan, must admit you knew LSU was getting ready to go on a roll...I didnt think they would go 21-0 in the second, but at the time I told people they would outscore the Bucks by atleast 14 in that quarter...Ohio State was out-coached, which is sad, considering Miles is the LSU coach...

Not saying Tress cant coach, because he certainly can, but his big game coaching is turning into being a little skeptical...

And, if you call the last two seasons National Title football then by all means, call it that :lol: :lol:

No I ment our crystal national title football, we don't let butterfinger recruits knock it down and shatter it.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

OSU averaged more yards per pass, per rush, and per play. OSU just made mistakes like the young team they were. LSU was a healthy, veteran team playing at their best.

It was predicted to be LSU's season. Loads of talent and it was a senior filled roster. OSU was young and inexperienced.

OSU held LSU to their lowest offensive totals of the year. OSU just could not afford to play a favored team, on a not so neutral field, and turn the ball over, get late hit penalties, rough the punter, and drop sure TDs. Hmmm..the marks of a young team playing a veteran team.

Funny that you could sense the LSU take over considering that LSU tied it at 10-10, then OSU drove the field and dropped a TD pass. Yeah, the momentum was surely in LSU's favor for a run.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:And, if you call the last two seasons National Title football then by all means, call it that :lol: :lol:

last year's schedule was weak and i'll admit OSU backed into the NT game but like somebody already said they were expected to make the Outback bowl at best, so i'd say they far surpassed any expectations despite the "questionable conditions." however you cant deny 2006, capping an undefeated season by beating the #2 team in the nation in an instant classic...dont even try to tell me they didnt deserve it that year.

fightingtigers45
S

Brutus8907 wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:And, if you call the last two seasons National Title football then by all means, call it that :lol: :lol:

last year's schedule was weak and i'll admit OSU backed into the NT game but like somebody already said they were expected to make the Outback bowl at best, so i'd say they far surpassed any expectations despite the "questionable conditions." however you cant deny 2006, capping an undefeated season by beating the #2 team in the nation in an instant classic...dont even try to tell me they didnt deserve it that year.

They definitely deserved to be there...I said it then, Ill say it now...Michigan may have been ranked #2, but they were more like #4 or #5 in actual play...USC and Florida were better than them the whole year

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It's easy to say in retrospect that USC and Florida were better,
but aparently you've forgotten that:

Florida was a missed FG away from
being beat by South Carolina that season.

Florida was tied in the 4th quarter 14-14 with FSU, and only
won that game by 7. FSU was 6-6 that year.

Florida had to rally to get by Tennesse and won that game 21-20

USC lost to both Oregon State and UCLA that year,
and had 3 other games during the season decided by 7
points or less, all against inferior opponets.

The closest game Michigan had all year before OSU was
at Penn St at night, they won that one by a touchdown.

They took the Buckeyes to the wire in the showdown of #1 and #2.

So, looking back and seeing the Gators beat the Buckeyes and the Trojans beat Michigan,
makes it easy to say that Florida and USC were better. They were not however
"better than them the whole year" as you have said.

Florida had the perfect storm of them playing their best and the Buckeyes playing their worst
at the same time. Congrats, that's nice. Don't be confused though and believe that Florida was
hands down the team that deserved the shot at the undefeated Buckeyes. They were one of several,
and South Carolina nearly ruined the dream for all of the Gaytor nation.

fightingtigers45
S

Say what you wish about Michigan, but at no point throughout the season did I think they were better than Florida or USC...Their record may have indicated otherwise, but I never thought so

Ohio State almost lost at Illinois...Illinois won 3-5 games...Not sure...Your point?...

Florida scraped by a lot of teams that year, just like OSU in 2002...But when it mattered most, what happened?

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

:aaaaa22 :aaaaa22 :aaaaa22 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

Return to “College Sports”