Ohio State vs. Miami (FL)

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Re: Ohio State vs. Miami (FL)

Post by TigerTownKid »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Ohio State was by far the better team. Aside from the 2 bone head special team break downs, Ohio Stae dominated this game. The defense was good as always. Gave up some yards but played well and made big plays. The offense moved the ball very efficiently against a good defense. I'd like to see them capitalize more on td's rather than fg's when their that close. Pryor played very well and balanced. 27 passes and 20 rushes is the kindof balance pryor consistantly needs to accomodate his abilities. Overall is was happy with the bucks and gettin a good win over a quality opponet.

On a side note. I respect Tressels class as a coach but I wish he woulda stuck one more in the endzone right there at the end of the game to push the score over 40 lol
Miami (FL)
Ohio St
1st Downs 19 21
3rd down efficiency
7-15 6-18
4th down efficiency
0-2 1-1
Total Yards 352 414
Passing 232 233
Comp-Att
22-39 12-28
Yards per pass
5.9 8.3
Rushing 120 181
Rushing Attempts
28 49
Yards per rush
4.3 3.7
Penalties 8-59 2-25
Turnovers 4 0

Fumbles lost
0 0
Interceptions thrown
4 0
Possession 28:49 31:11

Miami on the left, OSU on the right. This hardly shoes that Ohio State dominated this game. They simply dominated two stats (highlighted) which led to their win.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The Buckeyes dominated the offense and defensive sides of the ball.
Miami got most of their yards once the Buckeyes got a 2 score lead in the third.

Soft zone, rush 4 drop 8, keep it in front and in bounds, run the clock.
That is what Miami got most of their yards on.
When OSU started that defensive style in the 3rd, Miami had 140 yards total.
In 1 and 1/2 quarters they got 210 yards on a soft defense that was designed to allow Miami to eat clock and get a field goal at worst. It worked.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

agreed, but as I said. IF it wasn't for those interceptions it was a whole different ball game, and the penalties. When your defense has to defend from inside their own 30 four times due to interceptions, we were lucky.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TigerTownKid wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Ohio State was by far the better team. Aside from the 2 bone head special team break downs, Ohio Stae dominated this game. The defense was good as always. Gave up some yards but played well and made big plays. The offense moved the ball very efficiently against a good defense. I'd like to see them capitalize more on td's rather than fg's when their that close. Pryor played very well and balanced. 27 passes and 20 rushes is the kindof balance pryor consistantly needs to accomodate his abilities. Overall is was happy with the bucks and gettin a good win over a quality opponet.

On a side note. I respect Tressels class as a coach but I wish he woulda stuck one more in the endzone right there at the end of the game to push the score over 40 lol
Miami (FL)
Ohio St
1st Downs 19 21
3rd down efficiency
7-15 6-18
4th down efficiency
0-2 1-1
Total Yards 352 414
Passing 232 233
Comp-Att
22-39 12-28
Yards per pass
5.9 8.3
Rushing 120 181
Rushing Attempts
28 49
Yards per rush
4.3 3.7
Penalties 8-59 2-25
Turnovers 4 0

Fumbles lost
0 0
Interceptions thrown
4 0
Possession 28:49 31:11

Miami on the left, OSU on the right. This hardly shoes that Ohio State dominated this game. They simply dominated two stats (highlighted) which led to their win.

Miami got DOMINATED. What game did you watch?

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

The one that I was about 13 rows away from the field.

Are you trying to tell me that if Heyward does not pick that ball off , it's not a touchdown?
Therefore that is a 14 point swing in the game RIGHT THERE! And I don believe it was a 12 point win.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

If you would look at my post on the other topic, you would know my true feelings on this game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohio state needs to get more effecient in the red zone 6 field goals will not cut it in the big ten schedule. actually i think miami is and will be our 3rd toughest opponent on our schedule, maybe even 4th. as we still have games against iowa, wisconsin, penn state, and look what michigan has done, beaten a tough uconn team, then notre dame. they could be the fifth toughest game we play. but we'll not play one with more speed, but ohio states speed was every bit the equal in my opinion, our latteral pursuit is awesome. the miami backs just could not reach the edges to cut up. our kick and punt coverage was very dismal. but he did adjust by short kicking, which was very effecient. let the defense take it from there. definately gonna be a long week for special teams.

Return to “College Sports”