Week 3 OSU vs Ohio U

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Week 3 OSU vs Ohio U

Post by bucksfan76 »

34-0 at the half. Pryor is 17-20 for 178 yards and 2 TD's also 5 attempts for 36 yards and 1 TD on the ground. Pryor threw his first interception of the year right before the half when the buckeyes were in field goal range.This is thier first turnover of the season. But they are taking care of business and not letting ohio hang around.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
Mister B wrote:It isn't cheaper to pay OU off to play at the Shoe, it generates more money for OSU to play OU at the Shoe.

If Alabama, the defending National Champion and #1 ranked team in the country can go to Duke, which is out of state, why can't OSU play 1 game at OU?

Alabama is giving up the revenue from 1 game to play at Duke, surely OSU isn't so hard pressed for cash that they can play one of the other D1 schools from Ohio on their campus instead of playing at a pro stadium in Cincinnati or Cleveland.
Listen, it's not going to happen.
The Buckeyes don't give a crap what Bama does with their schedule.

When OU wants to get out of the scheduling welfare line, and stop taking the fund raiser,
then talk to me about it.

Until then schedule crap teams that have fans and will travel to OU, like Marshall or WVU.
I'm sure WVU will travel to Athens... :roll:

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

Another impressive win for the Buckeyes, winning 43-7. Pryor had a good game, could have done without the picks, but it's better to get them out of the way against an inferior opponent. Congratulations to the Buckeyes, next up: Eastern Michigan.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

We ran into a buzz saw today; even on a perfect game from us they were a few touchdowns better today.

However, I was aggrivated with the fact that we had so many penalties and turnovers. Also, why not try the deep ball more? Would it have changed anything in the W/L column? Definantly not (knew this coming in but really didn't care.)

Boo Jackson looked improved this game. Sure, it was against the 2nd team, but the Toledo game, he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. Maybe Bates starting over him woke something up?

MAC East race hasn't started for us yet; let's work on our mistakes and bring a W from Huntington and roll to Detroit. Go Cats!

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

LoganElm_grad09 wrote:MAC East race hasn't started for us yet
Not true. All eight conference games determine who wins the division. The cross-division games are the least important factor (only come into play for 3 or more way ties), but the Bobcats are still a game behind Temple and Miami.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

didn't get to watch it but heard it on the radio if OU is going to play like that then OSU shouldn't even be playing them that was pathetic. Yea i know Ohio State is the number 2 team in the nation at home but granted 5 turnovers? terrell pryor had more yards passing then OU had total yards. After that watching that poor showing against toledo you could just tell it was going to be a long day for the 'Cats hopefully they can turn it around.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Jughe@d wrote:
LoganElm_grad09 wrote:MAC East race hasn't started for us yet
Not true. All eight conference games determine who wins the division. The cross-division games are the least important factor (only come into play for 3 or more way ties), but the Bobcats are still a game behind Temple and Miami.
I stand corrected. But beat Temple and Miami (and the rest of the east) and it's a non-factor. Granted, that's not likely, but we can hope can't we?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:There is also way more involved with Alabama vs Duke than just a road game so Bama fans that are locked out can see them.

Duke is in the middle of one of the top research areas in the country, and the business there is booming,
Bama will be bringing reps from the state legislature, and business people from all over the state to the Research Triangle,
and those people will be negotiating deals to bring money and technology back to Bama.

OSU does this with those type of people when they go to places like Tempe, LA, Austin, and Miami.

During the Bama/Duke game announcers were talking about Duke being offered money to move the game to neutral site but they chose to keep the game in Durham because of some ceremony to recognize former coach who stadium is named after. He had coached at Alabama before moving on to Duke.
Maybe more because of this than the bs story about legislature and business reps negotiating deals.... :shock:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

OU would get more fans if they cut the parking scam out. I know of a few season ticket holders who will not be renewing their tickets because of the parking racket. I guess the $120 parking ticket is more important then the season ticket holder?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Not sure how you got a $120 parking ticket? Parking cost $5.00 for most lots $10.00 at closer lots. Guess you do not go to many games at other college venues.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Pol Pot, I'm sure you know of some parking issues there. I'm not sure if it is OU or the city, but there is a tow company making out.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I despise parking services, however game day is pretty simple, ignore the signs and park illegally on city streets or in the grass and you will get towed. Not sure how hard following those rules are. I have known a few who drive right by the parking attendant, refusing to pay or even stop and then they are pissed when they come out and find their car gone, imagine that.

Return to “College Sports”