Week 12 - Ohio St. Vs scUM

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 12 - Ohio St. Vs scUM

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:I heard they are not going got put leaves on the helmet,that's my favorite part of the uni :122247
Bolt, they have their leaves on them new helmets today. I had a feeling that they wouldn't go without them playing Michigan.
They must have heard all the people complaining,still not a fan of that big wide stripe would rather see more leaves.Man that was a tough game! The defense was horrible in the first half,Meyer must have really lit them up at halftime because they came out with their pants on fire in the second half.Was surprised Michigan didn't have Robinson on the field more in receiver running back situations because Gardner was a threat throwing the ball and they needed Robinsons speed threat on the outside.Was grateful hoke went up the middle on some of them third and fourth downs because OSU had trouble on the edges.Defense played a great second half especially without their best player and was finally able to get a pass rush which made the difference.Offense was pretty good, line opened running lanes,about the only thing bad was Miller failed to recognize some of those backside blitzes.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Nice of Greg Mattison to find Meyer after the game and congratulate him and shake his had.
Can't say the same for Brady Hoke though, he didn't, though Meyer was looking for him, instead he went straight to the locker room!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

He said "its no big deal, not a story,hard to see anybody out there" :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Nice of Greg Mattison to find Meyer after the game and congratulate him and shake his had.
Can't say the same for Brady Hoke though, he didn't, though Meyer was looking for him, instead he went straight to the locker room!
I noticed that too! I waited around in the stands to watch the handshake exchange and it didnt happen. Hoke is classless. Sadly, I think he is too stupid to realize it!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Urban has certainly aged quite a bit. Good lord.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Urban has certainly aged quite a bit. Good lord.

So does everyone. Whats your point?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

and hokeie is getting fatter-lol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noreply66 wrote:
and hokeie is getting fatter-lol
LOL. No wonder Joke wore a short sleeve shirt. Plenty of insulation on those arms!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It wasn't pretty but we are 12-0!!!!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Orange and Brown wrote:It wasn't pretty but we are 12-0!!!!
Agree 100% and I will tke it.....

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Proud of the Buckeyes and proud to be a Buckeye!!

12-0 and the 6th undefeated season in OSU history........I know the Big Ten is really down, but it is still tough to post a O in the loss column........the much maligned Buckeye defense was superb in the second half, not allowing Michigan to cross midfield. I was very mystified by that 4th and 3 call in the second half when Michigan's coaching staff had Denard Robinson run up the middle instead of wide, only to get stuffed by the Buckeyes. The UM coaches did us a favor on that call.

This wasn't a great Ohio State team, which actually makes this season more gratifying, because I don't think too many people thought after a 6-7 season last year that this year's Buckeyes would run the table. (I thought maybe 10-2 at best)

Urban Meyer.......12-0 in his first year.......without his full compliment of recruits.........exciting to think of the future of Buckeye football with him on the sidelines.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Congrats to OSU. Deserved to win "The Game" with the 2nd half they put together.

Michigan certainly played not to lose in the 2nd half. I am still baffled by the phantom offensive pass interference call that may have changed things, but it is what it is. You can't turn the ball over four times in the 2nd half and win.

Looking forward to more "wars' in the future.

* One more quick note---expect Devin Gardner to be around for two more years...Medical red-shirt papers being submitted for freshmen season today.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I laugh hard at those redshirt papers, as the player by rule, must have an incapacitating injury.
Gardner played 2 games that year, then didn't play again. On the MGoBlue site in 2010 a post was made about the possibility of the UM staff coming up with an injury excuse to get Devin a medical RS.

Thing is, later that same season, Devin was warming up on the sidelines preparing to come in for a banged up Robinson.
Also, the Coaching staff said before the bowl game (Gator I believe) that Devin was ready to go if needed.

Guess they expect the NCAA to stretch the definition of "Incapacitating Injury".

Don't get me wrong, I think Devin brings UM something that they need and the conference needs a good UM program to make our next unbeaten season look better!

I hope he gets the medical redshirt, but I also hope that those same people on the message boards that are blasting OSU for rules stretching, realize that UM and every other school is taking advantage of every loophole they can.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I don't see him getting a redshirt. They can file all the paperwork they want to, the kid COULD have played. The NCAA isn't completely ignorant, and they have cracked down in this several times before. Maulk is one example that comes to mind and he had more basis to his case than Gardner could dream up.

Return to “College Sports”