Re: WEEK 2 OKLAHOMA @ OHIO STATE.

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Go hate elsewhere lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Urban has said they spent all off season "improving the passing game and tempo". Really? When will they let us see this mystical offense? They only went up tempo one offensive series and that was just a 3 and out, giving OU the ball back in 45 seconds instead of 2 minutes of clock. They brought in an NFL QB coach and Wilson to do just keep doing the same thing. That sounds great. Let's put more lipstick on the pig! That will fix it!

A change at this point (Either Burrow or Haskins) would show that the coaching staff is fully aware of the problem and willing to do whatever it takes to fix this passing/offensive debacle. I for one would love to see JT set the world on fire with his arm, but it aint gonna happen captain (no pun intended).

Use Burrows/Haskins the next 3 games against Army, UNLV and Rutgers to get either one of them ready for the meat of the B1G schedule. That makes much more sense. JT's football career is done after this year anyways.

Unfortunately Meyer is going to keep Wilson handcuffed on the offensive duties and ride the USS JT to the bottom of the ocean floor.

Bring out the lipstick for the pig. Maybe Beck and Warriner were scapegoats to this dismal QB play of JT.

Rant over. On to Army.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

just line up and run the ball would solve a lot of problems

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

91blue14 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm just line up and run the ball would solve a lot of problems
I agree. But then JT wont improve his draft stock lol.

Put Dobbins AND Weber in the backfield with Haskins or Burrow. One guy throws it and the other 2 guys run it. Seems pretty simple to me.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

JT will probably look like the second coming of Warren Moon in these next few cupcake games and Meyer will think it is fixed, then the next tough defense comes to town and he will be saying "we will get the dam thing fixed" :lol:

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

On to Army, through thick and Thin, I will be rooting my butt off for the Bucks!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 am Go hate elsewhere lol

I heared that legend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm Urban has said they spent all off season "improving the passing game and tempo". Really? When will they let us see this mystical offense? They only went up tempo one offensive series and that was just a 3 and out, giving OU the ball back in 45 seconds instead of 2 minutes of clock. They brought in an NFL QB coach and Wilson to do just keep doing the same thing. That sounds great. Let's put more lipstick on the pig! That will fix it!

A change at this point (Either Burrow or Haskins) would show that the coaching staff is fully aware of the problem and willing to do whatever it takes to fix this passing/offensive debacle. I for one would love to see JT set the world on fire with his arm, but it aint gonna happen captain (no pun intended).

Use Burrows/Haskins the next 3 games against Army, UNLV and Rutgers to get either one of them ready for the meat of the B1G schedule. That makes much more sense. JT's football career is done after this year anyways.

Unfortunately Meyer is going to keep Wilson handcuffed on the offensive duties and ride the USS JT to the bottom of the ocean floor.

Bring out the lipstick for the pig. Maybe Beck and Warriner were scapegoats to this dismal QB play of JT.

Rant over. On to Army.

great post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 pm Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

On to Army, through thick and Thin, I will be rooting my butt off for the Bucks!!!
its not hard to win when you have the best talent in the conference.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 pm Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

Ask yourself this.....do you really think JT at QB will beat PSU or Michigan? Heck no. Maybe not Iowa, Nebraska or Michigan State.

Does JT at QB get us a playoff win? No.

Why? Because OSU is one dimensional on offense and the opposing defenses KNOW he can't best them through the air.

Without Cardale we never win it all in 2014. At least Urban listened to Herman and they changed the offense in a week and played to win.

Right now, because of JTs inability to throw it downfield (or anywhere tbh) they are playing not to lose.

There is a big difference. I bet Kevin Wilson is one frustrated man right now because this offense is definitely the same darn crap show we've seen with JT under center for 2 yrs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If they want to be dynamic again, put Haskins (Who is a big pocket passer like Cardale btw) in there and mirror the offense we ran vs Wisky, Bama and Oregon in 2014.

Put Haskins in Wilson's IU offense and we are way better as well.

No more of this running JT up the middle and 2 and 3 yd dink and dunk passes that he can barely complete. HE SUCKS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Ask yourself this.....do you really think JT at QB will beat PSU or Michigan? Heck no. Maybe not Iowa, Nebraska or Michigan State.

Does JT at QB get us a playoff win? No.

Why? Because OSU is one dimensional on offense and the opposing defenses KNOW he can't best them through the air.

Without Cardale we never win it all in 2014. At least Urban listened to Herman and they changed the offense in a week and played to win.

Right now, because of JTs inability to throw it downfield (or anywhere tbh) they are playing not to lose.

There is a big difference. I bet Kevin Wilson is one frustrated man right now because this offense is definitely the same darn crap show we've seen with JT under center for 2 yrs.

honestly I agree with everything you just said. even with an open receiver he's not hitting them. and I'm not seeing anything differently with kevin Wilson as the oc. nothing looks any different. qb on the run, trying to be the running game, missing open recievers, and making poor decisions. we just need to for the most part shove it down people's necks. it's going to well later until we run into another team like the sooners. get the guys some work. but make no mistake the big ten has several other teams as good as the sooners. and we need the work before we get to them.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Paris Campbell needs to touch the ball more period!!!!! Jet sweeps, slants, whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands. He's a playmaker and needs to touch the ball more than the 2 or 3 times he does in the offense.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

ITS like this weber/dobbins are better runners then JT is a passer 3 yrds and a cloud boys

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Sports-nut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm Paris Campbell needs to touch the ball more period!!!!! Jet sweeps, slants, whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands. He's a playmaker and needs to touch the ball more than the 2 or 3 times he does in the offense.

I agree sport.

waverlytiger
Waterboy

Post by waverlytiger »

biggest problem is JT wont throw the darn ball! Take some chances dude. not every pass has to be 100% sure youre gonna complete it

Return to “College Sports”