ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Who will win??

Total votes: 0

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

OSU played great on defense and a bit "reckless" on offense by OSU standards. I would consider this an upset by all standards and am thrilled to see OSU get the BCS bowl win. Hope this carries over to next seasons.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The defense played very well against a good running and passing attack. Ohio State did settle for a lot of field goals in the game but this Oregon team was mentioned at the begining of the season as a National championship team. Then during the season was playing very well before losing another game.

Would have be good to have been able to see Pryor play without a hurt leg. Then again it may have helped him in his passing game. He had better form on most passes. Then some passes not even close. If you just look at stats he had a good day but needs to work more on consistency. The offensive line played probably their best game of the season.

It was a big win for the Buckeyes in the Bowl Games that some people across the nation want to remember more than what they had done during the whole season and continue saying how bad the Big Ten is.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Great to see the Buckeyes get the win that I fully expected them to get.

Also great to see TP have 78 more yards of offense and the same # of TDs as that highly hyped
Oregon offense.

That's right, 78 more yards than THE ENTIRE OREGON OFFENSE!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Now, on a nit-picking note.

Ohio State's special teams tackling was HORRIBLE.

Before the national media starts up the Heisman bandwagon for Pryor.
He threw the ball more, he completed the passes, but he DIDN'T throw the ball well.

In the offseason, and spring, he must work on his footwork, his ability to get a good pre-snap read,
his decision making, which he has improved throughout the season.
But most importantly he needs to work on his passing mechanics, and his ability to throw a ball
that doesn't look like a fade-away jump shot.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

There will be people in the near future, after the victory hang over wears off,
that bash on JT for losing the Purdue game and USC game, and keeping the play calling too vanilla.

They will use Pryor's performance in the Rose bowl as their ammo.

They need to step back and realize that when we played Purdue, the Buckeyes tried to air it out
more. They didn't have the team that could do it YET.

When busting on Tressel for his lack of offense over the last 4 games, realize that he was teaching.
Teaching Pryor that he needed to manage a game, before he could take one over.
Teaching Pryor that he didn't need to be the center of the offense in order to get the win.
Teaching Pryor that he had a team around him, and that they would work hard to win at all costs.
Teaching Pryor that no matter what the talking heads and fans want to see, that coach knows best.

Without those lessons learned, the Buckeyes would have lost the Rose Bowl and we would all be ready to jump off a cliff.
Instead, Pryor took it to heart, became a leader, became a field general, and most importantly EARNED the trust of his coach.

He has a lot to work on to be great, but he has a great staff, and a great set of blocks to build with.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Well, on to the next question now that the games are over....which, if any, Juniors will leave early??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RVRaiderFan wrote:Well, on to the next question now that the games are over....which, if any, Juniors will leave early??

I think most of the team will come back next year!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The vast majority will be back.

Thad Gibson will likely be the one to watch make a jump.
But, he would be best served by sticking around as well.

I want to see how Derron Carter reacts to having to watch his Buckeyes from home
celebrate without him. Will it make him wake up and work harder, or will it
harden him towards his teammates and make him more like Ray Small was.

I hope it's the first, not the later.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Burg Grad I'm jealous.....I tried to get my daughters to follow their dear old dad to tOSU, but alas, one went to Ohio U. and the other got a softball schollie to W.Va. Weslyn...Plus their bellies didn't have enough hair!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ..Your son did us buckeyes proud!!!!............ :12224

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

This was a very well played game for TP and the Buckeyes, except for poor special teams play on kickoff and punt coverages. The Bucks inability to kick and punt the ball down the field and make a tackle on coverage is the only thing that keep this game as close it was.... On almost all of oregans scoring drives they started in osu territory and was able to allow themselves to go for a couple 4th and long situations due to field position and keep the drives Alive

But all in all I think we played great and I'm extremely happy and excited for all the players, coaches and fans! Go Buckeyes!!!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

good win for the buckeyes. terrelle pryor shows what he can do and hopefully he can come out every game and do that. The more he does that the more tressel lets him loose, next year they will be a contender for the national championship. watch out for jamal berry the running back out of florida that was red shirted for injuries and they also get a running back that is more like beanie, he didn't have a good enough test score on the act but is supposed to play next year

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:There will be people in the near future, after the victory hang over wears off,
that bash on JT for losing the Purdue game and USC game, and keeping the play calling too vanilla.

They will use Pryor's performance in the Rose bowl as their ammo.

They need to step back and realize that when we played Purdue, the Buckeyes tried to air it out
more. They didn't have the team that could do it YET.

When busting on Tressel for his lack of offense over the last 4 games, realize that he was teaching.
Teaching Pryor that he needed to manage a game, before he could take one over.
Teaching Pryor that he didn't need to be the center of the offense in order to get the win.
Teaching Pryor that he had a team around him, and that they would work hard to win at all costs.
Teaching Pryor that no matter what the talking heads and fans want to see, that coach knows best.

Without those lessons learned, the Buckeyes would have lost the Rose Bowl and we would all be ready to jump off a cliff.
Instead, Pryor took it to heart, became a leader, became a field general, and most importantly EARNED the trust of his coach.

He has a lot to work on to be great, but he has a great staff, and a great set of blocks to build with.

Well said

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Most of Pryor's success came in throwing while rolling out. Tressel should place him in a moving pocket where he is ALWAYS a threat to run. That way, he can freeze a player that otherwise might pressure up the middle and force Pryor into doing what he doesn't like.....reading a defense quickly and forcing a pass. He is a much better passer reacting to and taking what the defense gives him.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

fuzzhead wrote:Not a pretty win, but I'll take it.
The defense held firm.

That is funny........

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Hoggy wrote:
The defense held firm.

That is funny........

whats funny?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

oak hill71 wrote:
Hoggy wrote:
The defense held firm.

That is funny........

whats funny?

I think he was referring to the not a pretty win statement.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Go ahead and laugh all you want.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

1. Oregon is certainly overrated. Mind you they are competitive and not an easy opponent, but their defense is awful. Their offense only looked good all year because the Pac 10 does not know the meaning of Defense.

2. Ohio State recovering unforced fumbles by Oregon, is not OUTSTANDING defense.

3. With losses to mediocre USC and below average Purdue is not the caliber of a top 10 team. Sorry.

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes.

Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season.

My predictions for 2010, if Big Ten does not add a 12th school, The Big Ten will consist of Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin contending for a Big Ten Championship..Co-Champions, with 2 Big Ten schools reaching the BCS again..which is ridiculous. Big Ten is boring and predictable. Until Michigan gets their program together, the Big Ten will continue to be around Mediocre. Want to complain about Cincy, TCU, Boise? They are undefeated and may play in a lesser conference, but I guarantee you they play tougher teams than Purdue, and remained unbeaten.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FSUfly#13 wrote:1. Oregon is certainly overrated. Mind you they are competitive and not an easy opponent, but their defense is awful. Their offense only looked good all year because the Pac 10 does not know the meaning of Defense.

2. Ohio State recovering unforced fumbles by Oregon, is not OUTSTANDING defense.

3. With losses to mediocre USC and below average Purdue is not the caliber of a top 10 team. Sorry.

4. Pryor is Back!?!? He had the game of his life and had a game high 23 completions, and completed like 56% of his passes for the season. Nor will he ever win the heisman because he will never attempt around 450-500 passes in a single season, nor will he complete about 70% of his passes.

Finally, I was impressed with Ohio State's win, give them credit with the young defense and offense that they have. Although, this win does not mean they are back, nor does it mean they are automatically contending for a championship this upcoming season.

My predictions for 2010, if Big Ten does not add a 12th school, The Big Ten will consist of Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin contending for a Big Ten Championship..Co-Champions, with 2 Big Ten schools reaching the BCS again..which is ridiculous. Big Ten is boring and predictable. Until Michigan gets their program together, the Big Ten will continue to be around Mediocre. Want to complain about Cincy, TCU, Boise? They are undefeated and may play in a lesser conference, but I guarantee you they play tougher teams than Purdue, and remained unbeaten.

Thank you for your insight into the game. Since you don't seem to really care for the Big Ten lets talk about your team and your conference! Gotta love Florida State. Those guys compete for a Nat. Championship every year!!! Don't get me Started on the ACC now that is a power house conference!!!!! With so many top teams.............Wait, Never mind I just woke up.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Big Ten people keep saying is boring and not a quality conference but how have they done so far during the Bowl season even against the so called talented SEC.

Oregon is a quality team with some very talented players. When a team has a lay off of weeks it is hard not to be the sharpest. Just like all the talk in the NFL for players taking a week off.

As for the USC and Purdue losses both of those teams played good games. It does not matter what their record was any team can step up and play hard.

Who ever would say Pryor would attempt 450 to 500 passes a season anyway?

Return to “College Sports”