OHIO STATE VS. BYE----HOW'S THE NEW TURF.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OHIO STATE VS. BYE----HOW'S THE NEW TURF.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DOES THE BYE AFFECT OHIO STATE WITH SOME OF THE OTHER TOP GAMES GOING ON THIS WEEK.
TYPICALLY THIS IS A TIME WHERE THEY LIKE TO DROP THE BUCKS ON THE HEELS OF ANY OTHER TOP GAME'S RESULTS.
HEY I'M ALMOST 53, DON'T TELL ME I HAIN'T SEEN IT HAPPEN, WHAT SAY YA'LL

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: OHIO STATE VS. BYE----HOW'S THE NEW TURF.

Post by dazed&confused »

It depends on how many points the D gives up! :lol:

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I don't see it changing much of anything. Each team has to take a bye week or 2 throughout the season. The only team ahead of osu that has a legit game is Oregon playing at Washington. Clemson plays boston college, Alabama plays Kentucky lol, and fsu has a bye week. The fact of the matter is these top teams will play each other soon and knock one of the others down the ranks and rise up more. The real thing is to see a couple upsets happen, like UW beat Oregon this week then Oregon beat Stanford. Someone knock off clemson or fsu and the loser beat the one unbeaten. Ohio state is gonna need help and will get some I'm sure. Right now all the buckeyes can is just win and keep winning and whatever happens happens.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

the rest of the schedule til the last week is a " bye" . they play no one

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote:It depends on how many points the D gives up! :lol:
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ManitouDan wrote:the rest of the schedule til the last week is a " bye" . they play no one
you funny dan

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

This doesn't mean much for the Bucks. They are done sliding in the polls. Picked up 2 legitimate wins over ranked opponents who will won at least 9 games this season and finish ranked. Throw in a win at UM, who is hopefully undefeated heading into that game to help boost the weight of that win, we will be fine. In that case, we would most likely square off with UM again in the B1G title game, so if that scenario plays out we will play for the crown.

Plus, Alabama could lose to LSU, Clemson will beat Florida State, then Clemson will lose to South Carolina. Also don't forget FSU still plays @ Florida. Either Oregon or Stanford will lose to the other, so it could easily play out that Ohio State plays the winner of Stanford/Oregon if that team is also 13-0 after their conference championship.

Final Record Heading into Bowl Season
Ohio State 13-0
Stanford 13-0
Alabama 11-1 (loss to LSU)
Oregon 11-1 (loss to Stanford)
Clemson 12-1 (loss to SC, win ACC title)
Florida State 10-2 (losses to Clem, UF)
Georgia 12-1 (loss to Clem, beat LSU in SEC title)
Louisville 12-0 (AAC too weak)
Texas A&M 10-2 (losses to Bama, LSU)
LSU 11-2 (losses to Georgia x2)

Now, some of these may not be possible because I did this really fast, but these are definitely possible scenarios. If OSU and Stanford/Oregon finished up 13-0 and were the only power conference schools still unbeaten, then they have to play for the title as they deserve so.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

run-n-gun wrote:This doesn't mean much for the Bucks. They are done sliding in the polls. Picked up 2 legitimate wins over ranked opponents who will won at least 9 games this season and finish ranked. Throw in a win at UM, who is hopefully undefeated heading into that game to help boost the weight of that win, we will be fine. In that case, we would most likely square off with UM again in the B1G title game, so if that scenario plays out we will play for the crown.

Plus, Alabama could lose to LSU, Clemson will beat Florida State, then Clemson will lose to South Carolina. Also don't forget FSU still plays @ Florida. Either Oregon or Stanford will lose to the other, so it could easily play out that Ohio State plays the winner of Stanford/Oregon if that team is also 13-0 after their conference championship.

Final Record Heading into Bowl Season
Ohio State 13-0
Stanford 13-0
Alabama 11-1 (loss to LSU)
Oregon 11-1 (loss to Stanford)
Clemson 12-1 (loss to SC, win ACC title)
Florida State 10-2 (losses to Clem, UF)
Georgia 12-1 (loss to Clem, beat LSU in SEC title)
Louisville 12-0 (AAC too weak)
Texas A&M 10-2 (losses to Bama, LSU)
LSU 11-2 (losses to Georgia x2)

Now, some of these may not be possible because I did this really fast, but these are definitely possible scenarios. If OSU and Stanford/Oregon finished up 13-0 and were the only power conference schools still unbeaten, then they have to play for the title as they deserve so.

Very good information. I am one of the biggest OSU fans out here....but unless our defense gets better FAST.....we are in no shape to play for a championship. The old saying "Defense wins championships" is true. OSU's D line gets very limited pressure on the QB's, who in turn sit in the pocket and pick our defensive secondary apart. Roby is lost in coverage and is missing open field tackles when he once was a head hunter. How he is still considered a top NFL cornerback is unreal.

The D is very good at stopping the run, but most teams in the top 10 would pick our secondary apart right now.

Then comes the Braxton/Guiton debate. Braxton seems like his knee is screwed. He has either lost a step or the knee isnt fully healed. I think Guiton was the hot hand but now they have to go with Miller. And the Braxton fumbles...geez!

OSU has a long way to go.....Defensively we may not be able to stop Indiana's offense. I hope they heal up and make some major improvements this week and get ready for Iowa because they have a black hole in the defense right now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very well put.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Roby has completely went downward this season, and it is rather disappointing. I look for our defense to come out after this bye week and look much more stout. But I honestly believe our offense is good enough to score with any team in the country. Even the SEC teams this season have, for some reason, went towards scoring rather than defense. It's interesting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

roby has definitely not done his draft stock any favors this year. he needs to really finish strong.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think the bye week is the best thing for the Buckeyes where it fell. The D will get much more work next week after resting this week. I look for a major improvement in pass coverage going forward. As for their prospects, well I think nationally the B1G and the Bucks have a stigma attached. They will lose out in the final poll to and undefeated PAC 12 team and a one-loss SEC team. So I see the Rose Bowl in their future against the odd man out of the ACC or the SEC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's hope not.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

"Then comes the Braxton/Guiton debate. Braxton seems like his knee is screwed. He has either lost a step or the knee isnt fully healed. I think Guiton was the hot hand but now they have to go with Miller."

I am sure the injury has something to do with Miller's lack of explosive running along with the coaching staff's play calling.

Another thing that I percieve about Miller is that the much ballyhooed summer passing camp has changed Braxton into
something he is not, a pocket passer. Miller seems to be have abandoned the run in favor of focusing on footwork and
reads, things that are not natural to him. The result has been better play in the passing game, but the question remains
is whether or not the "old" running Miller was a bigger threat than the "new" passing Miller.

As to Guiton, just the fact that he is available make him a dangerous weapon and great value to the team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I woner what the voters think of Clemson struggling with unranked bc, I feel comfortable that would have cost the bucks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Too many designed runs being called for Miller and not looking to scramble, where he is most dangerous. I think he has lost a step or maybe even two so I don't understand so many designed runs.

The Bucks would hear about it if they struggled against BC, we'll see if it makes a difference since it was Clemson.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They're only calling 2-3 designed Miller runs per game.
He's getting 18-20 rushes, mostly from his reads on the read option.

Braxton's remaining issue, is he is pre-determining his reads in the pre-snap.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I woner what the voters think of Clemson struggling with unranked bc, I feel comfortable that would have cost the bucks.

Ohio State dropped in the AP poll when they beat teams by 40 points. I bet the AP don't drop Clemson. Some of ESPN analysts admitted yesterday that they hold Ohio State to a different standard. Clemson should drop seeing how they jumped up to number 3 by beating Georgia who looks bad now. I will admit Ohio State's defense needs to get a lot better, especially the secondary. I can't see Roby going in the 1st round now. Ohio State does have the longest undefeated record going and just beat two good football teams. I think the way the media is towards Ohio State that even if they take care of business they are going to need some help by other teams. Ohio State could go undefeated two years in a row and not play in the championship game.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I woner what the voters think of Clemson struggling with unranked bc, I feel comfortable that would have cost the bucks.
Herbstreit was on there saying last night next weeks game between FSU and Clemson will be a game with the number 3 and 4 ranked teams,so he's assuming FSU will leapfrog OSU even though they never played this weekend either :roll:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

svd,
Whether its an option or not it is still a designed run play in which Miller could be the ball carrier. My point is he is MOST dangerous when scrambling, ab-libbing - and that isn't happening as much as last year.

Return to “College Sports”