OCTOBER 15, 2016 - #2 OHIO STATE @ #11 WISCONSIN

Valenth
SEOP

OCTOBER 15, 2016 - #2 OHIO STATE @ #11 WISCONSIN

Post by Valenth »

Thoughts on this marquee matchup?

IMO this should be an interesting game! Ohio State needs to bust out the gate... don't let Wisconsin keep up... Step on the Gas Pedal and not look back!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: OCTOBER 15, 2016 - #2 OHIO STATE @ #11 WISCONSIN

Post by Chieftain2009 »

As long as the offense is clicking, should be a pretty wide margin. Wisky can't score, and OSU has one of the best defenses in the country.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Agreed.. Very likely Wisconsins National Ranking goes from 11th to as high as 8th... cause of Houston, Tennessee and Miami Losing

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Chieftain2009 wrote:As long as the offense is clicking, should be a pretty wide margin. Wisky can't score, and OSU has one of the best defenses in the country.
Granted Wisky is awful on O.Someone having them in a Top 10 is a complete joke,but of course we have seen this before. They do seem to get after it pretty good on the other side of the ball. But this outfit cannot run the football and their QB play?...Well lets say it fits right in with the rest of the big 14(save a couple of guys) as the worse I have ever seen in Major College football.

What do you base your statement on that ohio has one of the best defenses in the country?..On who they have played?..Homerism?..Eyetest?...It cant be stats because of who they have played.Are you comparing them to the other top squads? I really like their young edge players and Lewis is a good veteran presence on the outside. Their 1 and 3 technique kids are ok but nothing exceptional and not real deep.RM attacks the LOS well and runs to the ball well and cleans up some mistakes. They have some talent in the back end but the jury is still out on them because they dont get tested week to week. The real stud and one of the best young defenders i have ever seen them have is #17. Jerome Baker from Cleveland Benedictine. Man can he play!

The bottom line is they are pretty fast and active. But...The sched is so bad(albeit the Sooners arent chopped liver on O)that you really cant make that statement until a hopefully healthy UM team comes to play. You have nothing to base it on.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They better clean up the mistakes and lackluster execution or the Badgers will be able to hang around til the end.
I'm hoping the Bucks come out and score score score but they are so bipolar on offense.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Control of the line of scrimmage will be key and TOSU has not been consistent on either line. Expect Wisky to stack the d-line and dare the Bucks to beat them through the air. Cam Johnston, OSU's punter and Tressel ball may save the day for the Buckeyes in a 10 to 9 squeaker.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

They have some good d-end play, especially with Bosa rotating in, he's looking better each week.

The defensive secondary is getting better, they are young, athletic, fast and aggressive and I love the way they play. McMillan is a top notch linebacker. I agree with you on Jerome Baker. So far I'm basing their play on the eye test, up to this point. We'll get to see how good the D is here in the future though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Michigan showed that Wisconsin has no offense. Bucks offense will need to out hustle the Badgers Defense.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Don't think the Badgers offense can score. Buckeyes play great on the road, look for the offense to step it up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BIGGEST TEST TO DATE FOR THE BUCKEYES IN MY OPINION.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this ones the day before ole bait turns 56. this would be a dandy birthday present.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this is going to be a slugfest. and how do you not like ''the jump'' between the 3rd n 4th qtr. at the badger place. the bucks and badgers will be all over that.one of the greatest scenes to watch in football. it has become a great college football tradition. this is what college football is all about.i still say the bucks win this. but this is a key pivotal game in my opinion to really make a statement, especially with them fellers with the funny helmets breathing down our neck.we have to win and make it decisive. and see where the chips fall. but this is going to be a big test from a worthy foe. and with 4 big 10 teams in the top 10, they are proving their moxy on the field. and that's a fact.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whoo man I'm stoked.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Buckeyes have to get off to a slow start to keep the crowd out of the game. Camp Randall fans will be loud until their spirit is broken.

Defensively, make them one dimensional. Offensively, mix up the pass and run and get Samuel involved early.

This OSU offense is very dangerous if they stay out of 3rd and long. Those 6-7 yard first down plays really allow them to take shots down field and soften up the defense, which they will have to do against Wisky. I wonder if Meyer delegated some of the play calling vs Indiana? He seemed shocked after the game that Samuel wasnt as involved with his touches and that JT had so many designed running plays. If thats the case, look for him to be much more involved in the offensive play calling this Saturday.

I will predict:

OSU 35
Wisky 14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like how you think red.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Bleeding Red wrote:Buckeyes have to get off to a slow start to keep the crowd out of the game. Camp Randall fans will be loud until their spirit is broken.

Defensively, make them one dimensional. Offensively, mix up the pass and run and get Samuel involved early.

This OSU offense is very dangerous if they stay out of 3rd and long. Those 6-7 yard first down plays really allow them to take shots down field and soften up the defense, which they will have to do against Wisky. I wonder if Meyer delegated some of the play calling vs Indiana? He seemed shocked after the game that Samuel wasnt as involved with his touches and that JT had so many designed running plays. If thats the case, look for him to be much more involved in the offensive play calling this Saturday.

I will predict:

OSU 35
Wisky 14
Red Boy...Why does ohio have to get off to a slow start?.. :lol: ..I mean seriously :lol: ..FYI...In case you dont know and I am sure you dont...Wisky has no dimensions :lol: ..They cant run it and they certainly cant throw it. Offensively...osu is used to Front-running people.That means you can do anything you want anytime you want to with anyone you want. ohio does that to 98 % of their competition. Most O's redboy like to stay out of 3rd and long. You relly think the Pontiff has play-calling responsibilities?...He does not boy..Beck and Warriner do that.They are the whipping boys of osu HOMERS like Colleto was with the Senator VEST...Urban keeps track of touches :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Tough venue. Madison on a Saturday night. I think it's closer than some think. 27-17 OSU

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ohio State thrives on these big away games. I really don't see whisky being able to do anything offensively.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes they do smurray. everybody loves a big road game. but the bucks know how to do this as consistent as being at home.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody know what myers record is to date with the buckeyes, last I heard it was something like 52-4, if memory serves me correct. that's getting it done.

Return to “College Sports”