Valenth's Coaching Hot Seats List

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Coaching Hot Seats List

Post by Valenth »

I decided to do this Half-way through the Season.... Here are my Top 5.....

#5. Mark Helfrich - Oregon (WARM)
The Ducks used to be a high powered weapon scoring 50-60 points a game. But nowadays it seems like they just cant get a good QB or rack up a decent Offense.

#4. David Shaw - Stanford (WARM)
I know his team is suffering some losses due to injuries... But losing to Washington State by 32 points is a BIG Red Flag. Or in this case a "Cardinal Red Flag"

#3. Derek Mason - Vanderbilt (WARM)
Vanderbilt has done slowly better. But the Commodore faithful really wants success. What will help Mr. Mason is an SEC WIN. He needs that "Signature Win"

#2. Charlie Strong - Texas (HOT)
After taking the helm on defense making the calls and giving up 672 yards to Oklahoma in a rivalry game, despite losing just 45-40... He needs to get some wins... in a BAD WAY. Or otherwise he might be looking for another job. Thought many said that Strong was not the right fit for Texas.. Its looking like that this could be the case.

#1. Brian Kelly - Notre Dame (ON FIRE)
Mr. Kelly is sitting on a Nuclear Reactor ready for Meltdown! The Irish fans are very irate with this years team. They have great potential, but their defense has been non existent, and the offense has been mediocre this year. It wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame cleaned the Coaching house at the end of the year. They want success, NOT mediocrity.

The Inspector
Varsity

Re: Valenth's Coaching Hot Seats List

Post by The Inspector »

Allow me to add some more names to your list....Jim Mora(UCLA),RichRod(Ariz),Bob Stoops(Okla),Dan Mullen(MSU),Chris Ash(Rut-Would have to be)

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The Inspector wrote:Allow me to add some more names to your list....Jim Mora(UCLA),RichRod(Ariz),Bob Stoops(Okla),Dan Mullen(MSU),Chris Ash(Rut-Would have to be)

I totally agree with Mora, Rich Rod and Mullen... I actually picked out 5 of 10 coaches I wrote down that I thought were the hottest at the moment.

I also Had Hazell at Purdue and Adazio from Boston College

But I happen agree with you again Inspector! :o :lol:
Last edited by Valenth on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

I wont agree with you often Val because I dont want BOTH of us to be wrong :)

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The Inspector wrote:I wont agree with you often Val because I dont want BOTH of us to be wrong :)
Oh Come on now! You know I got good points.. And I'm in a fairly close mindset with those AP predictors.... in that top 25! :P :P

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Kelly IS GONE BYE BYE I LOVE SEEING NOTRE DAME SUCK I HATE BICHIGAN AT A 110%LEVEL AND NOTRE DAME AT A 105 LEVEL

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:Kelly IS GONE BYE BYE I LOVE SEEING NOTRE DAME SUCK I HATE BICHIGAN AT A 110%LEVEL AND NOTRE DAME AT A 105 LEVEL
The feeling is mutual my friend! :)

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

You are good at it Val!! Keep doing it. With my looks and your knowledge we will destroy that dreaded malady called big 14 and ohio HOMERITUS....Is that what you mean? ;)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Valenth wrote:
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:Kelly IS GONE BYE BYE I LOVE SEEING NOTRE DAME SUCK I HATE BICHIGAN AT A 110%LEVEL AND NOTRE DAME AT A 105 LEVEL
The feeling is mutual my friend! :)
glad we can relate

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Helfrich is showing what he can do with his own recruits. Huge decline of talent on the field when comparing what he inherited to what he has from his own recruiting. I think he MAY have one more year to straighten the ship but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets canned.

Brian Kelley is as good as gone. They ONLY success he's had on a national level was the NC game that ND got completely embarrassed by Bama. Since then it's been crickets in South Bend.

I can't stand ND, they are just a shade lower on the hate list than scUM, Bama and LSU. I think one thing that really hurts ND is their academic requirements. Let's face it, a lot of talent they recruit can't get admitted. But I'm completely fine with that ;)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Kelley has never stand anywhere where built a program with his recruits and then done it for years. His attitude wears thin on Boosters and the players. As he goes off and blames others instead of himself.

I do not see Stanford getting rid of Shaw after 1 bad year after playing one of the toughest schedules in college every year. While keeping his program clean.

Charlie Strong is gone. Most did not want him to begin with and some of that was just the color of his skin. He hand picked his staff and keeps making changes. The only coach left to change is himself. He had some not so good years at Louisville then QB Bridgewater helped him out. Maybe one of those coaches better as an asst. instead of head coach.

Another coach might be Auburn Gus Malzahn. Depends on how the season ends up. As some in the SEC have a hard time not being on top.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

#1. Brian Kelly - Notre Dame (ON FIRE)
Mr. Kelly is sitting on a Nuclear Reactor ready for Meltdown! The Irish fans are very irate with this years team. They have great potential, but their defense has been non existent, and the offense has been mediocre this year. It wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame cleaned the Coaching house at the end of the year. They want success, NOT mediocrity.

I AGREE, HE'LL DO GOOD TO END THE SEASON THERE AS THE HEAD COACH. IRISH FANS WON'T STAND FOR THIS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

That is a really good list

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Just a point about Kelly...and I'm not a fan of him or Notre Dame. Who can win there anymore? Wake up Irish faithful. It's not 1985. You can't get your pick of blue chip players. It's not the Xs and Os, it's the Johnnys and the Joes.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Kelly
Strong
RichRod
Stoops Ok
Stoops Uk

Also pretty good chance RichRod is out at AZ. Unless Stoops Ok wins out he might just get the axe too.
Last edited by Raiderball on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EttaExpress22
Freshman Team
Location: Don Schaly Stadium Home of the 6 time National Champs '81 '83 '86 '06 '11 '12

Post by EttaExpress22 »

I know Cincinnati isn't as big as some of these coaching stops but Tuberville should be on the hot seat. There has been a steady decline since he came on, the first two season there with Butch Jones recruits he went 9-4 in 2013 and 2014. Last season he went 7-6, and the Bearcats currently sit at 3-3 this season. The last 3 bowls games Cincinnati have been in they got completely demolished. I don't mind the loss to Houston this year the game was a lot closer than the score indicated. But getting completely out played by USF and then going to UCONN and only being able to hit 3 field goals is unacceptable. There is a legitimate chance the Bearcats do not make a bowl game this year. Then there is the Gunner Kiel situation. Its Gunner's senior year and he is the 3rd string QB after being the starter the last two seasons. It makes absolutely no sense for someone that was supposed to be a pro prospect.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

nice reading fellas

Return to “College Sports”