MOUNT UNION WINS IT'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MOUNT UNION WINS IT'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AIN'T THAT CRAZY, THE MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS FROM TINY LIL ALLIANCE, OHIO 16 MILES FROM CANTON HAVE CAPTURED THEIR 13TH DIVISION 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS CRAZY, I TRY TO CATCH AS MANY OF THEIR GAMES AS I CAN. THEY ARE A JUGGERNAUT IN D3 COLLEGE FOOTBALL. BY THE MAGIC OF DVR, I TOOK SOME NOTES, AS I WAS BUSY AND MISSED IT LIVE, BUT SET IT TO RECORD AND WATCHED IT SATURDAY. CHECK OUT SOME OF THESE NOTES I WROTE DOWN. I BEEN WATCHING THEM FOR YEARS NOW. BUT HERE ARE SOME THINGS MENTIONED IN THE GAME. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, THE MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS.

the stagg bowl is named after amos Alonzo stagg. who is very prominent as a coach, athlete. and played a major part in assembling the big ten. the stagg bowl is the national championship for the d3 college national championship. the game has been in the Roanoke/salem area for too many years to remember. but next year it is moving to a new stadium in texas. the game will be played there for 2 years, and then rotated to canton to Fawcett stadium. which is only 16 miles from mount union by the way. it may never return to the salem/Roanoke area. the stagg bowl is always a track meet scoring wise. and usually won by the team with the ball last. in the last 5 years the stagg bowl has produced a whopping 272 points combined. mount union won this game 12 - 0. which featured a field goal, a safety, and a td that bounced off of 2 defenders and should have been intercepted, but went throughtheir hands and landed in the mount union recievers hands. it was a defensive battle in which the purple raiders had 8 sacks. it was the lowest scoring stagg bowl ever. the game was between the university of mary hardin Baylor from texas. the crusaders or the cru, as they go by were the defending d3 national champions and had won 29 straight games, including playoffs and a national championship. both umhb and mount union were 14-0. and mu finished 15-0, and national champions. umhb was almost exclusively all texas young'uns as the school is in texas. it was stagg bowl 45. coach larry kehres coached the purple raiders to 11 national championships with the purple raiders, then walked into his son vince's office who was his long time assistant. and he told him son I just resigned, and I recommended you become our next coach. mount union selected son vince kehres as the next purple raider coach. and he just won his 2nd national championship. and had been a part as a player/coach of 12 of the 13 national championships himself. dad Larry was watching as his son won his 2nd title. some fun facts about mount union. they are 99-16 in college football playoffs and national title games, which is unheard of. they have won 13 national championships. and have been in the d3 college football playoffs 26 consecutive years in a row and 29 overall appearences all together. and knocked of the defending national champions who were on a 29 game win streak themselves. I love watching football at these lower levels as well. it's exciting and always a hoot to watch these young men battle their tails off. Tom Osborne.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: MOUNT UNION WINS IT'S 13TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Post by 1987chieftains »

And the sad thing is most Osu fans don't know or care that they have a real Dynasty in Ohio. They'd rather bash The Purple Raiders bc they are not o$u.

AT THE RESERVATION
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Why bash the Dynasty. Get behind them many more to come!

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Congrats MU. Tough, tough, tough program!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh I love to watch them. they are so well coached. I've never been to one of their games , but I watch any I can. just like with Youngstown. that's where I met jim tressel was when he coached at Youngstown. got to watch marshall win a national championship over Youngstown state back in the day at marshall. I tried to catch other schools too like Otterbein, Oberlin, Baldwin Wallace, etc. me n mrs. bait want to goto one of the purple raiders games next year at home.87 chieftains do you have a schedule for next year. or would you recommend a specific game to go to.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 am oh I love to watch them. they are so well coached. I've never been to one of their games , but I watch any I can. just like with Youngstown. that's where I met jim tressel was when he coached at Youngstown. got to watch marshall win a national championship over Youngstown state back in the day at marshall. I tried to catch other schools too like Otterbein, Oberlin, Baldwin Wallace, etc. me n mrs. bait want to goto one of the purple raiders games next year at home.87 chieftains do you have a schedule for next year. or would you recommend a specific game to go to.
Bait, I don't see a 2018 schedule posted yet but I would recommend going to John Carroll game or if you can catch it, a semi final playoff game. The Carroll game is a home game for Mount next year and its a rivalry game. But if you just want to go see the Purple Raiders. Marietta is the closest to where you live. Unfortunately that won't be a home game for Marietta until 2019 unless you want to travel to C-bus. Capital and Otterbein are home games in 2018. My boy and I has seen them a few time now. To see them in person is something else. Compared to most teams in the OAC and DIII, Mounts players are huge. And for the price ($7-$8) you can't beat it to watch some really good football.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is the Mount Union QB in trouble for something??????????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
coonhunter
Waterboy

Post by coonhunter »

congrats to the purple raiders!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Yes, sounds like a mix-up with paper work.

Less than 24 hours after D3football.com reported that D'Angelo Fulford failed to show in court for his Nov. 27 arraignment on the charges of speeding and driving under suspended license, he appeared in court Wednesday morning, Nov. 29, and pleaded no contest to the traffic charges, according to court records in Stark County, Ohio.
According to Max Haupt, Fulford's attorney, Fulford's failure to appear in court was because the ticket Fulford received was marked that he was not required to appear in court. It is not clear why the ticket and the court records were in conflict. Haupt said he believed, based on the ticket, that Fulford would be able to pay the fine and was not aware of a court date.
"That was an error, and because of that, he was not of the belief that he had to appear in court," Haupt told D3sports.com "That's something that was marked on his ticket. That's where things got messed up.
"The explanation was accepted by the court. Everything was resolved today and that's behind him."
Mount Union did not comment. Fulford, the sophomore starting quarterback for Mount Union, the No. 2 team in the country and one of the eight teams remaining in the 2017 Division III playoff bracket, was initially arrested after a traffic stop just days before the Purple Raiders' first-round game vs. Washington & Lee. As a result, it was discovered that Fulford was wanted on an outstanding warrant for charges of felony battery, stemming from an incident when he was a juvenile, in Florida.
Fulford started at quarterback in the game immediately following his arrest, as well as the Purple Raiders' second-round win vs. Case Western Reserve on Nov. 25.
One of three freshman quarterbacks who each got significant playing time for Mount Union in 2016, Fulford's season ended when he broke his collarbone. Luke Poorman took over, and Dom Davis finished the season, which ended with a loss at Mary Hardin-Baylor in the national semifinals.
Fulford has completed 70.3 percent of his passes this season, throwing 48 touchdowns and just two interceptions. He is 23-for-37 with 313 yards, six TDs and one pick in the two playoff wins.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks for the information friend.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like the closest game for you bait would be Capital up in Bexley.
http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/ ... _schedules

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

unbelievable they have schedules through 2029.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

unbelievable program

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I meant I want to come to mount union to watch a game, and was asking advice as to what one at home should be the most competitive game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Bait, A Semi final game at Mount is usually the most competitive. Everything else is a blow out.

AT THE RESERVATION
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Love watching this contest and loved seeing Mt. Union winning.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am Bait, A Semi final game at Mount is usually the most competitive. Everything else is a blow out.
I'd love to make one next year. would you be interested in meeting up chief.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

being on a Saturday me n mrs. bait would be together to have someone else drive when it gets dark.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am Bait, A Semi final game at Mount is usually the most competitive. Everything else is a blow out.
I'd love to make one next year. would you be interested in meeting up chief.
We could do that. Mount looks to be good next year also. Off the top of my head I don't think they were packed with a senior laden team.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “College Sports”