What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee on Nov 27th

Valenth
SEOP

What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee on Nov 27th

Post by Valenth »

Ok... We had a bit of movement this week but I'm solely going to Focus on the Top 10...

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. UCF
8. Michigan
9. Florida
10. LSU

With Washington knocking off Washington State... That pretty much destroys the PAC12s hopes of Playoff Hopes.

Georgia ran all over Georgia Tech.. Which jumps them to 4...for now.

Texas A&M took 7 overtimes but helped flush LSU out of the possible playoff picture. LSU I think falls to 10th.

With Ohio States trouncing of Michigan.. I have them jump to 5. Though the Buckeyes have a rough loss against Purdue... The Buckeyes key wins vs Ranked teams are stronger than Oklahoma's wins . Plus Oklahoma has allowed 40 or more points in their last 4 games.

UCF is a sleepwalker right now... With the gruesome injury to Milton vs USF... I'm not sure UCF can keep up with Memphis again for a second time. Last time was decided by 1 point...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee on Nov 27th

Post by Bleeding Red »

I like your take, but LSU must not be in the top 12 with 3 losses.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Flip sooners and buckeyes....reason Purdue. jmo

WVU at the 10 spot....LSU has 3 losses

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 am Flip sooners and buckeyes....reason Purdue. jmo

WVU at the 10 spot....LSU has 3 losses
Sorry...Bichigan falls to #10.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

State and Oklahoma is six of one and a half a dozen of the other. It is ironic that Texas Tom Herman may control Ohio State's fate one way or the other by the way his Longhorns perform against the Sooners.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Omega wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:51 am State and Oklahoma is six of one and a half a dozen of the other. It is ironic that Texas Tom Herman may control Ohio State's fate one way or the other by the way his Longhorns perform against the Sooners.
THE SEC has 8 out of the Top 10 Strength of Schedules in College Football at this moment. 10 out the top 14...

Georgia has had the 3rd TOUGHEST SOS....THE TIDE the 5th...ohio is at 10th :lol:(laughable)..SOONER is 15th...Clemson is 18th....ND is

POWER-5 CONFERENCES Winning %-ALL Games

(1) THE SEC-63%
(2) THE B1G 10(Just 10 teams)-56%
(3) The ACC-55%
(4) The PAC-12-55%
(5) The big 14-54%

DIVISIONS Winning %

(1) THE SEC EAST-66%
(2) THE SEC WEST-61%
(3) PAC-12 North-61%
(4) ACC Atlantic-59%
(5) big14 east-57%
(6) ACC Coastal-51%
(7) big 14 west-51%
(8) PAC-12 South-49%

Just a taste of some facts!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

THE SEC finished the Regular season with a combined 105-62 record. They have 10 teams with a winning record. ONLY 3 teams with a losing record. And 11 Bowl-Eligible teams...TIDE/GA Championship game.........

THE B1G 10 finished the regular season with a combined mark of 66-52.4 teams had winning records..3 broke even..and 3 had losing records...7 teams are bowl eligible....SOONER/Texas Rematch

The ACC finished with a combined record of 91-74. They have 9 teams with a winning record and 10 Bowl eligible teams....Only 3 teams with a losing record...Clemson/Pitt in the Championship

The PAC-12 finished with a 77-63 combined record...7 teams had winning records and these 7 teams are bowl eligible......Huskies/Utah championship game

the big 14 brings up the rear at 91-77 combined...7 teams did NOT have a winning record... 9 Bowl eligible teams
Just some more facts!!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

THE TIDE is 12-0....They are NUMBER 1
*They have outscored their opponents 588-165..+423..SDiff..Avg win is 35.3 PTS
*The teams they have beat are 73-69....
*Have beat SEVEN teams with a winning record

Clemson is 12-0....They are NUMBER 2
*The teams they have beat are a combined 80-60...
*They have outscored their opponents 548-168..+380...SDiff..Avg win is 31.7 Pts
*They have beat 9 teams with a winning record

Georgia is 11-1....They are NUMBER 3
*They have outscored their opponents 481-206..+275...SDiff..Avg win is 23 Pts
*The teams they have beat are a combined 74-56
*They have beat 7 teams with a winning record

ND is 12-0....They are NUMBER 4
*They have outscored their opponents 405-174....+231..SDiff..Avg win is 19.3 pts
*The teams they have beat are a combined 75-67...
*They have beat 5 teams with a winning record

SOONER is 11-1...They are NUMBER 5
*They have outscored their opponents 604-394...+210..SDiff..Avg win is 17.5
*The teams they have defeated are 64-66..
*They have beat teams with a winning record...

ohio is 11-1...They are NUMBER 6 because of the injury to McKenzie Milton..
*They have outscored their opponents 520-310..+210..SDiff..Avg win by 17.5 pts
*The teams they have defeated have a combined record of 61-71..
*They have beat 3 teams with a winning record

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Yea I'm not sure they jump.the Buckeyes over Oklahoma yet. A lot depends on the championship games. What happens if Georgia gets by Alabama?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:00 am Yea I'm not sure they jump.the Buckeyes over Oklahoma yet. A lot depends on the championship games. What happens if Georgia gets by Alabama?
If Georgia beats Alabama... We once again have two SEC teams in the playoff.... I hate to say it... But it's the truth.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The General wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am THE SEC finished the Regular season with a combined 105-62 record. They have 10 teams with a winning record. ONLY 3 teams with a losing record. And 11 Bowl-Eligible teams...TIDE/GA Championship game.........

THE B1G 10 finished the regular season with a combined mark of 66-52.4 teams had winning records..3 broke even..and 3 had losing records...7 teams are bowl eligible....SOONER/Texas Rematch

The ACC finished with a combined record of 91-74. They have 9 teams with a winning record and 10 Bowl eligible teams....Only 3 teams with a losing record...Clemson/Pitt in the Championship

The PAC-12 finished with a 77-63 combined record...7 teams had winning records and these 7 teams are bowl eligible......Huskies/Utah championship game

the big 14 brings up the rear at 91-77 combined...7 teams did NOT have a winning record... 9 Bowl eligible teams
Just some more facts!!
I agree in statistical terms of OVERALL record, strength of schedule, that the SEC is indeed superior to the other conferences. I also agree that the programs at Alabama and Clemson are the current gold standards of college football. Yet it is the debate, the what if scenarios, the loyalties that make college football the favorite of sports fans. I did not give State much of a chance of beating Michigan, yet I was elated that OSU won, and elation is fun. Realistically OSU would be routed by Roll Tide or Clemson, but there is no certainty until the game is played.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The General
All State

Post by The General »

THE SEC Championship game should have absolutely NO importance or implications of who is selected to the 4 -team playoffs this year. Unless someone gets hell beat out of them.Then that might be a problem. But that is NOT going to happen I do not believe. They are both too solid.

Georgia and Alabama should both be selected.Remember..All conferences and Schedules are NOT alike or Equal.These committees put WAY too much stock on TOTAL LOSSES.... .I mean from the 1st game to the last,i believe ohio would have lost at least 3 games playing Texas A&M's schedules and LSU's. Despite their coaching and scheme "issues" Auburn had 7-11 Future NFL defensive players on the field yesterday. I cant tell you how clean Alabama played except for a blocked punt and getting smoked on a double pass.Auburn had MUCH more talent on the field yesterday than ,lets,say,Michigan and its not even close....Ga was up 45-7 3 minutes into the 3rd QTR and Coach Smart is not a FRONTRUNNER.

Now this committee is going to have a Tremendous SHITload amount of Political Pressure put on them by the Czar,big 14 Commissioner Delany and his Political cronies.Plus...From all the big 14 and ohio Cash Cows like Fox Sports,ESPN,and the BTN..Among others...And I bet Sugar Gus Johnson and Joel Klatts lips are still firmly entrenched in pontiff's ass even today :lol: :lol: ...Sickening..But there is going to be tremendous political and financial pressure put on this committee to select a big 14 team and NOT have 2 SEC teams in,even if that is the correct thing to do BY FAR...

Wish they would make it simple!...There are I believe 5 or 6 ex-coaches on that committee in that room. Dont buckle to political pressure.And use these 6 things as a criteria,and in no particular order. And all of us Joe Fans do the same thing...

1)Strength of Schedule....Each team's Resume...From the 1st game to the last...BE HONEST
2)Game control..Every half..Every game....Were they,without a shadow of a doubt,in control and dominant in each game from the 1st whistle to the last...?..No doubt who was the BEST team?

3)The Eye Test.....EACH and EVERY Game...Have they looked the part of a playoff team in every game?..BOTH sides of the ball?
4)Are they Deserving....Based on the REAL strength of teams they have beat...And how bad were their losses? And to whom did they lose to and how?....From the 1st game to the last...Conference strength...
5)Are they REALLY one of the 4 BEST teams in America?...Offensively?....Defensively?....Special teams?...ALL SEASON LONG....Not just in 1 or 2 games....
6)Metrics...Post mine later...The ones I believe are VERY important and telling...

The General
All State

Post by The General »

* * Consider the 6 teams who are still viable.... here are the metrics I use...
1)Total Yards offensively
2) Total yards given up defensively
3) Points Per Game-Offensively
4) Points Per Game allowed defensively
5) Offensive Efficiency-I use ESPN but S&l Outsiders is good also
6) Defensive Efficiency
7) Yards Per Carry on Offense
8) Yards Per Carry Allowed
9) Yards Passing Per Attempt Offensively
10) Yards passing Per Attempt allowed
11) Turnover Ratio..For/Against

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Saying that Ohio State would lose if they had to play someone else's schedule. You play the teams on your schedule. Just like UCF did last year and beat an SEC team in the Bowl Game. Stats mean some but you play the game even if it doesn't look good. Just like that team that has played Mercer, Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisanna Layfette and The Citadel.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Didn't the Browns try METRICS?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

farmer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 pm Saying that Ohio State would lose if they had to play someone else's schedule. You play the teams on your schedule. Just like UCF did last year and beat an SEC team in the Bowl Game. Stats mean some but you play the game even if it doesn't look good. Just like that team that has played Mercer, Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisanna Layfette and The Citadel.
So what are you saying?....Ohio should be in the playoffs?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

farmer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm Didn't the Browns try METRICS?
When they drafted a qb from the Big-12 and running back from the SEC they did along with a pretty good dl from the SEC last year. Seems like most of their impact or star players are from schools down south and the same goes for the Bengals. Just saying.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:21 pm
farmer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm Didn't the Browns try METRICS?
When they drafted a qb from the Big-12 and running back from the SEC they did along with a pretty good dl from the SEC last year. Seems like most of their impact or star players are from schools down south and the same goes for the Bengals. Just saying.
Sorry but the Browns had already gotten rid of that group doing metrics when this years draft was made.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The General wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:10 pm
farmer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 pm Saying that Ohio State would lose if they had to play someone else's schedule. You play the teams on your schedule. Just like UCF did last year and beat an SEC team in the Bowl Game. Stats mean some but you play the game even if it doesn't look good. Just like that team that has played Mercer, Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisanna Layfette and The Citadel.
So what are you saying?....Ohio should be in the playoffs?
No with Ohio having a record of 8 - 4 they should not be in the playoffs.
As for The Ohio State University they have only lost 1 game and have won the rest. The object is to win the game. Which they have done except the one game. Based on different years they should not even be considered but this year teams are not making a case to be way above the rest. Just saying stats and metrics have some good ways to help predict what will happen. The games are still played on the field. I think this is a play in week between Georgia, Oklahoma and The Ohio State University. Each needs to show what they can do for an entire game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OSU, OKLAHOMA AND GEORGIA COULD ALL LOSE NEXT WEEK AND UCF COULD BEAT MEMPHIS BY 50 AND STILL WOULDN'T GET A SNIFF OF THE PLAYOFFS. THAT'S THE SAD PART IN COLLEGE SPORTS TODAY WITH IT BEING ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMIN$. (PERCEPTION IS REALITY I GUESS WHEN YOU TELL KIDS YOU'VE WON 25 GAMES IN A ROW BUT DON'T DESERVE TO SUIT UP WITH THE "BIG BOYS" AND THEIR FAN BASES).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”