Ohio State vs. SEC Teams (Must See)

Orestes
S

Ohio State vs. SEC Teams (Must See)

Post by Orestes »

This is a post on another site and an email I received from the boss of one of my best friends living in Vegas:

...spoke to someone "closest" to the OSU schedule and asked them what the truth was about our upcoming schedules--this is what I got...

"we put it out there to all the big boys---we will play you....we just want a "home and home"(meaning we get one home game, they get another home game).....Texas took us up on it, USC took us up on it, Miami took us up on it, VaTech took us up on it, Oklahoma took us up on it---NONE of the SEC teams will accept our offers....they are saying, "come down here and play, but we will NOT go to Columbus....they are clearly only willing to play us in the bowls(pseudo home games for them) or in the friendly confines of their stadiums--which is unacceptable to us"

just FYI.....but I believe OSU's reasoning is sound and totally logical.....

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

wow thats interesting

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

:shock:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Does that really surprise anyone??? Not me!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

kind of like osu wanting to play all the in state games in columbus.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

more money generated by playing the in state teams in columbus. when osu plays ohio u there will be 105,000 attending, if the game was at ohio u then there would only be about 18,000 who could watch it at the stadium

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

qualified101 wrote:kind of like osu wanting to play all the in state games in columbus.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Yeah, OSU should play Ohio, BG, or Miami in their home stadiums with 20,000 seats. Those schools don't want OSU at home anyway. They get big cash from the gate made at Ohio Stadium. Plus, they are not at the same level as OSU. Those teams have no right to ask OSU to come to them. Could you imagine OSU playing at Peden? It would be 17,000 OSU fans, and about 90,000 staying at home wishing they were at the game, but couldn't because of the size of the stadium.

Oh and btw, OSU plays Toledo in Cleveland Brown Stadium pretty soon. Guess it won't be in Columbus. You forget playing the Bearcats in Paul Brown stadium?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The SEC teams are afraid to come play in the cold.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

actually it would be pretty cool to see osu at peden. not a bad seat in the house. it is too bad that its all about economics now.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Orestes wrote:
qualified101 wrote:kind of like osu wanting to play all the in state games in columbus.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Yeah, OSU should play Ohio, BG, or Miami in their home stadiums with 20,000 seats. Those schools don't want OSU at home anyway. They get big cash from the gate made at Ohio Stadium. Plus, they are not at the same level as OSU. Those teams have no right to ask OSU to come to them. Could you imagine OSU playing at Peden? It would be 17,000 OSU fans, and about 90,000 staying at home wishing they were at the game, but couldn't because of the size of the stadium.

Oh and btw, OSU plays Toledo in Cleveland Brown Stadium pretty soon. Guess it won't be in Columbus. You forget playing the Bearcats in Paul Brown stadium?

exactly what I was getting to say. Nice thinking qualified101. :roll:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

hmmm...very interesting

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Well Ohio State should have to play them at their places they are the SEC, the greatest conference going today. The lowliest SEC team could beat an NFL team. Who does Ohio State think they are trying to get a home and home with the almighty SEC teams. The OSU AD should be thanking his lucky stars the SEC schools AD even pick up the phone to talk with him.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Why should SEC teams schedule them?...Please tell me...

If I was any SEC school I would schedule weak out of conference games also...Why shoot yourself in the foot even more than you have to?...Playing the teams in conference is bad enough...

Before anyone tries to call out Florida's schedule...

Hawaii, Miami (FL), and Florida State are all OOC games next season...Say what you want about Miami and Fla State nowadays, they will still be tough games...And Hawaii was in the BCS this season and should be good on defense next season...

Also, LSU played Va Tech this season...Went to Blacksburg, which is one of the most difficult places to play in the nation, a few years back for a home and home...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Florida leaves the state of Florida three times next year.

BTW, I'll have to check the numbers again, but a guy had figured it out that OSU has played more road/out of state BCS conference nonleague games in the last ten years than all the SEC's elite combined.

Quit with the tough SEC bs. Without OSU screwing the pooch, the Big Ten is 9-4 against the SEC in the last 13 games.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Well Ohio State should have to play them at their places they are the SEC, the greatest conference going today. The lowliest SEC team could beat an NFL team. Who does Ohio State think they are trying to get a home and home with the almighty SEC teams. The OSU AD should be thanking his lucky stars the SEC schools AD even pick up the phone to talk with him.

I can't believe you actually said that. As bad as the Dolphins are this year, they would still beat any SEC team you could put on the field. The NFL is full of men playing football, while the SEC and other conferences are full of boys hoping to somehow, by some miracle, make it to the NFL.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, I do not think it is a matter of not wanting a home and home or coming to the cold north as has been mentioned in two previous posts. I could say that the Big 10 does not want to play in the heat and humidity of the south but that would be a ridiculous statement as well.

I see a couple of problems from both conferences:

1. Schedules are made years in advance.

2. League games have to be played on certain dates and that is out of the control for both schools trying to schedule 'big games'.

3. A very limited number of matching dates that are open.

I agree, nothing would be better than a home and home with two big schools from major conferences playing each other.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Well Ohio State should have to play them at their places they are the SEC, the greatest conference going today. The lowliest SEC team could beat an NFL team. Who does Ohio State think they are trying to get a home and home with the almighty SEC teams. The OSU AD should be thanking his lucky stars the SEC schools AD even pick up the phone to talk with him.

I can't believe you actually said that. As bad as the Dolphins are this year, they would still beat any SEC team you could put on the field. The NFL is full of men playing football, while the SEC and other conferences are full of boys hoping to somehow, by some miracle, make it to the NFL.

Its called sarcasm.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

Hmm this is very interesting. Even though we all know the SEC can't play anybody outside their conference.(NOTE: GROW A SET AND PLAY SOMEBODY!)

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Why should SEC teams schedule them?...Please tell me...

If I was any SEC school I would schedule weak out of conference games also...Why shoot yourself in the foot even more than you have to?...Playing the teams in conference is bad enough...

Before anyone tries to call out Florida's schedule...

Hawaii, Miami (FL), and Florida State are all OOC games next season...Say what you want about Miami and Fla State nowadays, they will still be tough games...And Hawaii was in the BCS this season and should be good on defense next season...

Also, LSU played Va Tech this season...Went to Blacksburg, which is one of the most difficult places to play in the nation, a few years back for a home and home...

hawaii? you referenced hawaii? honestly, they were a one man team this year who cant match up with the real teams in the nation (that showed in the bowl game) not to mention they're losing that one man. the warriors fit in just fine with the rest of UF's usual non conference cake walk. not to mention the gators will be playing hawaii and other non conference powerhouse, THE CITADEL (who strikes fear in the hearts of opponents everywhere) in Gainsville.

now before you go ranting and raving about OSU's schedule, this year's weak one was a rarity. next year we start out with Youngstown State because virtually all big teams start the season with 1 or 2 what should be easy wins. then the bucks travel to the Rose Bowl to play USC. Then they get a chance to catch their breath against Troy before conference play begins.

SEC teams should schedule somebody outside the south for a home and home so they can prove they can win in a non basically home game. like somebody stated already, your precious gators leave florida 3 times in 2008. twice to go to tennesee and once to arkansas, give me a break :roll:

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Troy isn't an easy out, this last year they played then #21 Arkansas, #4 Florida, and #10 Georgia... losing 46-26, 59-31, and 44-34

Return to “College Sports”