osu wants to be like the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!

qualified101
SEO

osu wants to be like the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!

Post by qualified101 »

thats right, according to channel six news, osu wants to build a osu village like the one in knoxville. sorry, i had to jab. this is all in good fun.

Brutus8907
All State

Re: osu wants to be like the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!

Post by Brutus8907 »

pretty weak "jab" if you ask me. i think an OSU village would be pretty sweet. i dont care where they got the idea.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

the BUCKS would never want to be like the Tennecheats...........remember the long cleats after that watered down the field.......... :12224

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I think a OSU village would be great. I'd move there! :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

always an excuse for losing, i didnt expect anything different. its just a poke that goes back to that wanting to be like the SEC thing. again, i really hate the bucks but im just kidding. dont take it so personal.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Its about time, anything that is copied from the Vols, will be an improvement for the Bucks, Go Vols!!

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

volsfan wrote:Its about time, anything that is copied from the Vols, will be an improvement for the Bucks, Go Vols!!

man, i really hope you was kidding. Vols wish they had half as much tradtion and history as The Buckeyes do. Well just about every program would, and thats the truth.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Yeah volsfan like the Outback Bowl or Cotton Bowl. I thought they retired football in Tennessee after Peyton left. I like the idea of the OSU village, they call it Columbus right now. I guess since Tennessee's is so popular that NOBODY even knew it existed that it really doesn't matter where the idea originated from. If it happens then tOSu village will be well known nationwide.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

^^that pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not just saying this to be saying it cause I am a Buckeye fan, but Vols history compared to Buckeye history and tradition,well there isn't one. :shock:

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Those last three posts are truly embarrassing and show a complete lack of college football knowledge...Thought they retired football after Peyton left? Ha. Thats awful funny considering they won the first BCS National Championship the year after he went to the NFL. They also have 6 National Championships. Also, UT is second all time in bowl appearances and fourth all time in bowl wins and Ohio State isnt ahead of them in either of those categories. UT hasnt been the best as of late, but their tradition is equal or better than Ohio State's. Period. (That is unless you compare it to the tradition of having great teams and not getting the job done)

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

eh...they have a lot of iffy national titles. OSU's are either consensus or at least AP supported. The Vols won a lot of John Smith's poll titles.

If you go by polls like that, OSU won the title in '98 according to Sagarin. Yeah...another title.

fightingtigers45
S

Orestes wrote:eh...they have a lot of iffy national titles. OSU's are either consensus or at least AP supported. The Vols won a lot of John Smith's poll titles.

If you go by polls like that, OSU won the title in '98 according to Sagarin. Yeah...another title.

Okay. Even if the other five are "iffy", I see you ignored the bowl appearances and bowl wins which are both ahead of Ohio State.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
Orestes wrote:eh...they have a lot of iffy national titles. OSU's are either consensus or at least AP supported. The Vols won a lot of John Smith's poll titles.

Okay. Even if the other five are "iffy", I see you ignored the bowl appearances and bowl wins which are both ahead of Ohio State.

and you ignored winning percentage (.714 to .695), total wins (798 to 768), conference titles (32 to 16), Heismans (7 to 0) , major award winners (34 to 5), and All-Americans (175 to 70 :122246 ) which mean much more than bowl wins......especially when one considers that most bowl games are basically exhibition games.

fightingtigers45
S

Thank you Orestes for proving my point. Ohio State has all these All-Americans, all these Heismans, all these major award winners, yet only have two National Championships in 40+ years..Thats great for a program like Illinois, but for a program like Ohio State? A program that claims dominance in everything? Hmm. Im not so sure.

Tennessee has had far less talent come through their halls (according to your numbers), but yet they have only 27 less wins (they have 771 according to my research) and have played in 10 less games (1154 for OSU-1144 for UT)? They have more bowl wins and bowl appearances with this such less talent. I call that a great program. If you want to whittle down to championships that are recognized, Ohio State has 5 and Tennessee has 4. Only one more National Championship, but they have 7 more Heisman winners, 29 more major award winners, and 105 more All-Americans. I think tht proves my point of Ohio State's true tradition. The tradition of coming up short.

Not saying I would take Tennessee's tradition over Ohio State's, but bashing Tennessee's tradition and saying it is nowhere near Ohio State's is ridiculous. Its very arguable IMO.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I don't think OSU is known for recruiting all that much more talent than UT. Yes, OSU has come up short quite a lot. Between '68 and '75 OSU threatened for the title every season. I would just say that OSU has produced more legendary players, more conference champions, and more national champions.

I would solve the problem this way. If you were to ask Joe Schmoe college football fan, "Who has better football tradition and history, Ohio State or Tennessee?" what would that person likely say. That is the best way to do this test, because when talking tradition and history, you are talking perceptions, not facts.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thank you fighting tigers for some good points. they are probably equal in the minds of the rest of the country. saying that the vols have no history just shows a lack of knowledge. tressel is a great coach and recruiter, i dont think he is much on motivating. As a vol fan, im not much of a phil fulmer fan, his recent recruiting and motivating could be questioned. the legend, johnny majors was a tough act to follow. just think, some lucky current 2nd graders somewhere will be playing each other in about 10 years i believe. good luck to all.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Please note that I have not said, "Tennessee has no history." I have actually not minded them. I used to spend some time in the state, and was always treated well by the locals, even though I am an OSU fan. They actually talked very highly of OSU btw.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Anyone know why a one dollar bill is better than Ohio State football?

Cause at least you get 4 good quarters from a dollar!

GO VOLS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

How are Ohio State football and Kelloggs Cornflakes alike?

They both get eatin' in a bowl!

GO VOLS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

OSU is 5-3 in bowl games in the past decade. an even 5-5 in all post season play (the last two NC weren't bowls).

and the first one really isnt funny (and i'm not one who cant laugh at his own team, it's just not funny)

thank you, try again.

Return to “College Sports”