Recruiting OSU and UM

Peake
SEOP

Recruiting OSU and UM

Post by Peake »

Scout has a Scout 300 tracker that has some kids that UM and OSU are finalist for. Two analyst pick where they think they end up.

Josh Garnett- Michigan is in play, both say Stanford.
Jordan Diamond-Michigan and Ohio State are in play, both say Michigan.
Nelson Agholor-OSU is in play, one says USC the other says Florida.
Devonte Neal- OSU is in play, both say Arizona.
Armani Reeves- Michigan and OSU are in play, one says OSU one says Michigan.
Demetrious Cox- OSU is in play, one says Michigan State one says OSU.
Kyle Dodson- OSU is in play, both say OSU.
Joel Caleb- OSU is in play, both say Virginia Tech.

So OSU looks to close with possibly Demetrious Cox, Kyle Dodson, and Armani Reeves.
Michigan looks to possibly close with Sam Grant, Jordan Diamond, and Armani Reeves.

Good problems to have.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Re: Recruiting OSU and UM

Post by frank-n-beans »

Nice thread peake. I'd like to see this consolidated with all the commits from OSU and UM instead of looking at the threads for Urban Meyer to OSU and Michigan Football. It gets confusing for an old fart like me.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

yea nice set up Peake where is eveyone anyway kinda dead on here..

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Its being reported on Bucknuts that the staff has not contacted Diamond since his visit so looks like they are moving in a different direction (hopefully they have a silent from dodson). So Diamond is clearly Michigan or Auburn bound.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Was just about to mention that.

Diamond is out, Kyle Dodson should be in.
They have 2 real good commits on OL, so if Dodspn for some reason doesn't come, then they can go several ways with their last two offers.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Don't know if any of my buckeye friends read my recruiting updates on UM, but I was told a week ago Diamond called and committed to UM last week but wants to wait until he signs with the rest of his teammates before he goes public.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Here is a link to VPI getting a committment from another WR, there 3rd WR in this class. This guy is their 27th committment in this class also.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports/co ... e_rec.html

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

One of my favorite tweets of the month:

"Ohio State & Michigan currently have 26 verbals who carry 4 or 5-star ratings. The rest of the B1G have 20, combined."

Welcome to the reformation of a proper Big 10!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You know I love the "we have a better recruiting class then you" rhetoric, it is all fun and competition. In all reality we don't really know how good it will be until 2-3 years down the road, but I'll say this. Nebraska's recruiting class is awful at the moment. We need them to step up. I have heard that the #1 OT in the country is headed there, and that will help, but overall their class sucks. If the Big 10 is going to get a better rep teams outside of Michigan and OSU (maybe MSU) need to start recruiting better.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Not to be rude, but some of that info is laughable.

Ohio State in on Agholor? No way.

If anything, WR wise, they are slightly in on Diggs and I don't see him listed above.

Agholor has been Florida's to lose all along and I think Kiffin may have got us on this one.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Why is it laughable? They are listed on his final considering list.

Diggs was not on OSU's radar until this week when he chose to take a visit to Columbus.

One player makes it laughable?

fightingtigers45
S

peake wrote:Why is it laughable? They are listed on his final considering list.

Diggs was not on OSU's radar until this week when he chose to take a visit to Columbus.

One player makes it laughable?
Didnt read the article. Could care less about their recruiting.

Meyer made a in home with Diggs yesterday or the day before. Agholor is between two schools.

These sites only mention Agholor to Ohio State to get page views and get money. That's what's laughable. Not necessarily the bad information, but just how they operate. They KNOW Ohio State is not a player on Agholor.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I suppose UF sites don't list anyone that's not in the top 2.
FALSE!

He's the one that listed OSU as a top 4 team, so it's pertinent, though I agree OSU is not in the final decision.

Though Aligator Army admits a certain amount of concern for losing Diggs to OSU and Meyer.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I suppose UF sites don't list anyone that's not in the top 2.
FALSE!

He's the one that listed OSU as a top 4 team, so it's pertinent, though I agree OSU is not in the final decision.

Though Aligator Army admits a certain amount of concern for losing Diggs to OSU and Meyer.
Not the Florida site or Ohio State sites.....it's the sites in general. Just makes me laugh. You get a better feel by reading free message boards.

I do worry slightly on Diggs, but Florida's version of NevadaBuck says he's all Gator now after this past weekend.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I wouldn't worry about Diggs, I think the OSU visit is a courtesy and good time visit.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

JOshua Garnett decides tonight at 9pm eastern time. Michigan is confident but I don't know if they can get him away from the west coast. My prediction=Stanford...hope I am wrong.

On scout they think UM will close with Sam Grant, Jordan Diamond, and Armani Reeves.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

A few tidbits.
1. Bob Litchenfiels, east coast recruiting coordinator says Demetrious Cox to Michigan State. Said he and LB coach Vrabel didn't have a very good relationship, and Urban got on him too late.
2. Allen Trieu, midwest recruiting coordinator says Jordan Diamond to Michigan. Said his family are very tight with current Wolverine and former teammate Chris Bryant.
3. Josh Garnett according to west coast coordinator Brian Huffman says Stanford, but it could easily be Michigan.
4. Allen Trieu says Dodson a buckeye.
5. Bill Greene says Sam Grant a Wolverine.
6. Alex Kozan to Iowa per west coast scout.
7. Beth Long predicts Armani Reeves to Michigan, says he meshes better with DC Mattison.

Going to be interesting.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

peake wrote:A few tidbits.
1. Bob Litchenfiels, east coast recruiting coordinator says Demetrious Cox to Michigan State. Said he and LB coach Vrabel didn't have a very good relationship, and Urban got on him too late.
2. Allen Trieu, midwest recruiting coordinator says Jordan Diamond to Michigan. Said his family are very tight with current Wolverine and former teammate Chris Bryant.
3. Josh Garnett according to west coast coordinator Brian Huffman says Stanford, but it could easily be Michigan.
4. Allen Trieu says Dodson a buckeye.
5. Bill Greene says Sam Grant a Wolverine.
6. Alex Kozan to Iowa per west coast scout.
7. Beth Long predicts Armani Reeves to Michigan, says he meshes better with DC Mattison.

Going to be interesting.
Sounds good but I still think Armani Reeves is a Buckeye

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Apparently Meyer has plans to try and sign about 28 guys this year.

Now, before you worry your little heads about "over signing".

6 Buckeyes are early entries this year, those 6 can count on this years scholarship number, where we had room. We can count 22 scholarships toward this season if we fill out last years class with out 6 early enrollees, then it frees the space to sign 28 guys with this class.

If he can't get all 28, then he will bank them and use them for next years very talent heavy class.

Return to “College Sports”