SEOPS HO

Re: OSU vs. USC

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Buckeyes defense to strong for the boys of troy. Ohio State 28 USC 10

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Buckeyes defense to strong for the boys of troy. Ohio State 28 USC 10

If wishing made it so, then this will be the score, and here's wishing. :) No, more than wishes here's hoping some Buckeye arse gets torn this week, Beanie comes back 100 percent, and if early in the game even the players feel they need a "spark" to start things up that decisions are made to make that Buckeye fire come alive.
Hopefully the veteran seasoned players will prove they stayed for a reason.
Let's Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

USC will beat OS Who like a drum. They should have lost to Ohio THE State University, a muffed punt, and a clip that was not called caused the Bobcats to lose. If OS Who could not control the line against a middle of the pack MAC team, wait until they meet the Trojans and their 5 preseason all-american defenders.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i think it will be an excellent game next saturday beanie will be back and ohio state will win this one with defense and running the ball
21-16

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

know your role wrote:USC will beat OS Who like a drum. They should have lost to Ohio THE State University, a muffed punt, and a clip that was not called caused the Bobcats to lose. If OS Who could not control the line against a middle of the pack MAC team, wait until they meet the Trojans and their 5 preseason all-american defenders.

Yes, Ohio benefited from OSU's F effort. Congrats on the loss. You must be proud. OSU was California Dreaming, and it was fairly obvious to all involved, including an Ohio player's father.

2002: OSU v. UC 23-19 (National Champions, Cincy actually throwing into the endzone at the end)
2003: OSU v. BG 24-17
OSU v. SDST 16-13 (OSU had 150 yds offense, and won a BCS Bowl that year)
2007: OSU v. Akron 20-2 (3-2 at halftime and went to NC game)

The only people overly disturbed by this just haven't been paying attention to OSU since JT took over.

People picked against OSU big before Miami in 2002, and before Texas in 2006. They said nothing after OSU won both games.

People picked against OSU big before Florida and LSU, when it turned out to be the result, these people pounded their chests and gloated.

Anyway, back to USC. Whenever two football teams with elite talent play one another, either team can lose. If USC and OSU were to play 100 times, there would be games where USC won by 40, and games where OSU won by 40. There would also be every result in-between. What will happen this Saturday? I have no idea. The only thing certain is that no one can be certain.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i cant stand the buckeyes but i cant stand pete carroll either. deep down i will be rooting for the buckeyes but i am just hoping for a great game. if osu can win, it will go along way to regaining some respect for them and the big ten.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Orestes wrote:
know your role wrote:USC will beat OS Who like a drum. They should have lost to Ohio THE State University, a muffed punt, and a clip that was not called caused the Bobcats to lose. If OS Who could not control the line against a middle of the pack MAC team, wait until they meet the Trojans and their 5 preseason all-american defenders.

Yes, Ohio benefited from OSU's F effort. Congrats on the loss. You must be proud. OSU was California Dreaming, and it was fairly obvious to all involved,.

quote]

And if the Bucks play as poorly as the did this week then the dream will become a nightmare in no time.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

2trap_4ever wrote:
Orestes wrote:

Yes, Ohio benefited from OSU's F effort. Congrats on the loss. You must be proud. OSU was California Dreaming, and it was fairly obvious to all involved,.

quote]

And if the Bucks play as poorly as the did this week then the dream will become a nightmare in no time.

Wow, no kidding. Really? You are a broken record.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Ill take the Trojans...very tough place to win and if wells doesnt play....It may be a long day....TROJAN MAN

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

Well, with a little bit a scare yesterday I'd say that the Buckeyes will go to California and take care of business. It won't be a blow out by any means, USC is too good for that, but Ohio State will be ready to play. Tressel will get these guys in excellent condition to play the Trojans.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

OhioSt_Fan
Waterboy

Post by OhioSt_Fan »

yes i most definetly agree w/ u Orestes,this is a big uncertain game...anything can happen.but i beileve that its going 2 b a nice long hard-nose football game.and i also beileve that the deciding factor will be which team wants it the most.and im pretty da** sure that its tressel,the whole Buckeye squad, and the Big Ten who wants it the most for one reason,
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.and as i said b4 theres no way i can put down a prediction score 4 this MOMENTIOUS game.All I can say 4 now is LET'S GO BUCKS!!!

O-H

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I'll pick the Buckeyes to win but I won't bet any money on the game.

I think the series between the 2 schools is 11-8-1 in favor of USC with them winning the last 5 in a row.

A loss by either team in this game this early in the season, is not the end of the year.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This will be a close game. I like the Buckeyes chances if Beanie plays. I dont think the other backs can carry the load as well as he does. Lasts weeks game dosnt mean anything. I think it was Speilman who said you play up to your compettition and play down to your competition. Ohio State will be ready to play this saturday. This will come down to the lines and despite the lackluster play of our line last week I believe they will handle the line of USC.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

OSU was playing OU in a coma. They didn't play with heart, fire or attitude and still won. I'll bet they spent most of the week practicing and studying USC and not OU and it almost came back and bit them. They were playing down to their competition. JT was holding back on his plays and not showing his hand on plays, very vanillia play calling. They will be jacked up to play Saturday, full bore with Beanie ready to go. OSU will win this game by 4 points, if not more. USC is equal to OSU on defense by I think OSU has the better offense. Beating Virginia was not that impressive. This is "THE GAME" this year for the Bucks!

grampa buckeye
Waterboy

Post by grampa buckeye »

Know your roll........What about the two pass interferances in the end zone that weren't called on ou :oops:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The only other non SEC teams I dislike more than the Trojans are Miami and notre dame. As bad as I hate to say it, USC is going to win this game in LA.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Those were good defensive plays, even the Ohio State biased announcers agreed. I will be rooting for the Buckeyes, but all of you cannot say that they were in a coma last week. Great teams don't "play to the level" of their opponents. Example, last year's New England Patriots destroyed the bad teams and beat the good teams. That is what scares me about OSU, but you can look back the year they won the national championship where they eeked out every game, that was then and everyone is out to prove the Buckeyes don't belong in another championship game.

It is tough rooting for the Buckeyes when OSU fans treat other teams like trash, even from your own state that they should beat by the 35 points.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

know your role wrote:Those were good defensive plays, even the Ohio State biased announcers agreed. I will be rooting for the Buckeyes, but all of you cannot say that they were in a coma last week. Great teams don't "play to the level" of their opponents. Example, last year's New England Patriots destroyed the bad teams and beat the good teams. That is what scares me about OSU, but you can look back the year they won the national championship where they eeked out every game, that was then and everyone is out to prove the Buckeyes don't belong in another championship game.

It is tough rooting for the Buckeyes when OSU fans treat other teams like trash, even from your own state that they should beat by the 35 points.

Ok child, now go home and ask momma for some din din.

You were the one who came onto this thread throwing verbal punches. "OS Who?" Hmmm...somehow you can talk trash about how OSU fans behave. That's funny.

You seem like a typical hardcore Ohio fan. Treat other team's fans like garbage (Miami, Akron) as I have witnessed both at the Convo and at Peden, then whine about OSU fans for the same thing, just because there are more of them. Ohio fans also moan and groan that their own student body supports OSU. They congregate on their boards and huddle up to say nasty things about Ohio-student OSU fans.

"We should get to decide which team other people cheer for. They shouldn't have a choice. I made the choice to cheer for my school. Nevermind the fact that convenient location, finances, and family may go into the choice for college. Nevermind that everyone does not have to think like me. I should get to decide for everyone else, and these other Ohio student are peeing in my cheerios because they are happy on Saturdays."

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

like orestes said, OSU nearly lost this game because they were lookin ahead to USC, thought OU would be a push over and slipped up a bit. but they came away with the W and kept the NT hopes alive. they know USC wont be any pushover and they've been practicing hard all summer for this game. i think and hope it'll be a great game. if anytbody is going to slip up it'll be USC because they saw the scare agaisnt OU and is thinking the same thing you haters on here are thinkin, OSU is overrated and wont be a problem when in reality the Buckeyes will come to play and play hard. and if USC slips up against a program with the magnitude of OSU, they'll have a lot more than an 8 point deficit to overcome. i think it'll be a defensive struggle to say the least, i'm gonna take the Buckeyes 23-17.

GO BUCKS!

Return to “College Sports”