Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Purdue Boilermakers

ballparent
S

Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Purdue Boilermakers

Post by ballparent »

Game time - 3:30 p.m.
Coverage - ABC

Hoping to see Coleman snag an interception this game. It's supposed to be a beautiful day at the 'shoe!

Go Bucks!!!!!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Purdue Boilermakers

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Let's go buckeyes..

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

GO BUCKS!!!!

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

I've got my ticket in hand and the tailgaters have already set up shop outside ;-)

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

cghornet10 wrote:I've got my ticket in hand and the tailgaters have already set up shop outside ;-)

Well, our tickets are at Will Call, and our tailgating buddies are set up in front of French Arena......waiting for the brats and dessert to arrive.....so we're heading up 23......lov'in those 3:30 game times........ Image

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Ballparent Have fun and be careful :122245 my eldest is off to a WVU game today.. since she can't come home for the Bucks I am sure she will be among them with her buckeyes on :lol:

GO BUCKS :122245

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

OH...

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

I know we won the game, but for as much talent as we have, we are terribly coached. I am the biggest Buckeye fan in the world, but I am embarrassed. An Ohio State offense has never made me this sick!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

-IO

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

yeah.. I'm not sure what the offensive scheme exactly was but, a defense shouldn't score more TD's than the O... ever!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

looks like it might be COOPER calling those plays

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

PATHETIC!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The Buckeyes are struggling to move the ball. I don't think it is the fault of the freshman QB. They need to find their footing and soon or the losses are going to start to mount.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

One boring slow game today....seemed to be one endless third down and punt series, like Groundhog Day. Caught a lot of people yawning, including myself. Thank God our defense scored a touchdown. Our offensive line is pathetic. The ball would be snapped and six guys would be all over Pryor. How do they miss six guys?! Boone limped and barely moved on the field...go figure. :? I hope something clicks better than today for the Michigan State and Penn State games........

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Where is the offense???

Skipjack
Waterboy

Post by Skipjack »

Ohio State is missing a few things this year . One is the offensive line is soft. They cant block when they run the spread with Pryor. Second is they are missing that big strong fullback. Another is they are missing that one key reliable WR. I have never seen so many dropped balls this year that should have been caught. The defense is coming around but not yet. They are getting ready to get into the meat of the Big Ten Conference and I think they are in trouble.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

With an offense like this,I'm not going to be surprized to see them drop in the polls.

Not sure their a top 15 team. Pryor needs to let it go and quit trying to be perfect.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Young Frosh QB was struggling early. The defense was dominating. Tressel put the offense away, and got away with a win. Think Illinois 2006.

JT will not work on things in a game. He does that in practice. Why risk a turnover, which was the only thing that could have gotten Purdue into the game.

It may have been ugly, but it was never in doubt.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Tight end Jake Ballard didn't mince words about OSU's offensive performance.

"They didn't do anything (defensively) we didn't expect. We knew exactly what they were doing. We just didn't come through like we need to, point blank," said Ballard.

The Buckeye offensive line was hampered by injuries. Both Steve Rehring and Alex Boone were noticeably limping after the game, and starting center Mike Brewster also got dinged. Additionally, tailback Beanie Wells suffered from a bout with the flu that actually kept him out of the game at time.

This is what bothers me about these statements....at least in regards to Boone and his limp. Boone didn't speak to the media following the game and also didn't catch the bus from the stadium back to his car. For whatever reason he hung around the locker room long after most players and everyone else had left....maybe getting treatment....I don't know. We tailgated for a couple of hours and then headed to the car. Most of the players were gone from their parking lot, except for a few just hanging around chatting. Here comes Boone who had walked from the stadium to their parking lot with his parents, a good half to three-quarter mile or more from the stadium and he was doing it with no limp. Just wish he would show that kind of toughness on the field...... :?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orestes wrote:Young Frosh QB was struggling early. The defense was dominating. Tressel put the offense away, and got away with a win. Think Illinois 2006.

JT will not work on things in a game. He does that in practice. Why risk a turnover, which was the only thing that could have gotten Purdue into the game.

It may have been ugly, but it was never in doubt.

A wins a win..... :?

"It just feels bad. We looked bad, that's the only way to put it, but the bright side is we didn't lose. If we had lost it would have been terrible. It's not terrible," said Pryor.

Return to “College Sports”