2019-20 Ohio State Buckeyes Men's Basketball

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: 2019-20 Ohio State Buckeyes Men's Basketball

Post by Raiderball »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:58 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:45 pm This outcome does not surprise me at all. You also can not have 22-24 turnovers, and a large amount of them be unforced turnovers. Wesson may be 6'10", but in no way shape or form is he a physical player at all. I know that Huggins and WVU like to play physical, and there front court are big enough to do that. Things are only going to start to get tougher from here on out, playing on the road in the Big 10 is never a cakewalk. I also think that this game means more to WVU than it does to the Buckeyes. For quite a few years the Buckeyes and WVU would not play each other, especially in basketball. There was bad blood between the two schools for quite a few years over the "Damon Flint" recruiting situation. Even though we play them in football and basketball now, I still think there is no love lost between the 2 schools.
I was completely wrong in the above post that I posted earlier. I had Huggins on my mind, and instead of saying when he was the head coach at Cincinnati, ( Not WVU ) is when the "Damon Flint" incident occurred. For quite a few years I think that there were hard feelings between OSU and Cincinnati, not WVU.
Thanks for clarifying Vette. You lost me on that one. Huggins post game when asked if this win in a tournament like atmosphere meant a little more... shrugged his shoulders and says, "we go play Kansas in the Phog then two games later we play Texas Tech, last year's national runner up".
Probably meant more to Culver and McBride being Ohio guys. Huggs been around long enough to know you never get to high after a win or to low after a loss.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:45 pm This outcome does not surprise me at all. You also can not have 22-24 turnovers, and a large amount of them be unforced turnovers. Wesson may be 6'10", but in no way shape or form is he a physical player at all. I know that Huggins and WVU like to play physical, and there front court are big enough to do that. Things are only going to start to get tougher from here on out, playing on the road in the Big 10 is never a cakewalk. I also think that this game means more to WVU than it does to the Buckeyes. For quite a few years the Buckeyes and WVU would not play each other, especially in basketball. There was bad blood between the two schools for quite a few years over the "Damon Flint" recruiting situation. Even though we play them in football and basketball now, I still think there is no love lost between the 2 schools.
WVU 45 OSU 17

WVU bigs a lot more physical than Wesson. Great atmosphere today. Announced attendance 17,707 I believe. Watched most of the 1st half of Marshall and Duquesne game and there might have been 4,000 - 5,000 people in the arena.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:31 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:58 pm
I was completely wrong in the above post that I posted earlier. I had Huggins on my mind, and instead of saying when he was the head coach at Cincinnati, ( Not WVU ) is when the "Damon Flint" incident occurred. For quite a few years I think that there were hard feelings between OSU and Cincinnati, not WVU.
Thanks for clarifying Vette. You lost me on that one. Huggins post game when asked if this win in a tournament like atmosphere meant a little more... shrugged his shoulders and says, "we go play Kansas in the Phog then two games later we play Texas Tech, last year's national runner up".
Probably meant more to Culver and McBride being Ohio guys. Huggs been around long enough to know you never get to high after a win or to low after a loss.
I realized what I had done, but not until I had already posted it. Still trying to get my bearings from last night. That might even take more than a day or so. Lol

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I still maintain OSU is a top 15 team in the end. 3 seed in tournament.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Buckeyes drop to #5 this week. West Virginia jumps up 6 spots after the win over OSU.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 am I still maintain OSU is a top 15 team in the end. 3 seed in tournament.
Agree, hope they are still a top 10-15 team at the end of the season. They have played and beaten some very good teams so far this season, with that being said, the Big 10 and especially playing on the road can be a pretty tough road to hoe. I still have my doubts about whether or not the Buckeyes are physical enough in the frontcourt or not. Wesson is 6'10", but he would rather play outside than inside, being physical is not one of his strength's. I hope that I'm wrong, would love to see them continue to play and have the success that they have had so far this season.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Buckeyes drop their second straight game, this time against an improving Wisconsin team 61-57.

Their next game is Tuesday on the road against another very good team, Maryland.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:00 am Buckeyes drop their second straight game, this time against an improving Wisconsin team 61-57.

Their next game is Tuesday on the road against another very good team, Maryland.
It's only going to get a lot tougher from here on out, Maryland is an excellent basketball team playing at home or on the road. The Big 10 is a very strong conference this year, you better be prepared to bring your "A" game every night.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Buckeyes drop to #11 this week, will play #12 Maryland tonight.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 am I still maintain OSU is a top 15 team in the end. 3 seed in tournament.
Agree, hope they are still a top 10-15 team at the end of the season. They have played and beaten some very good teams so far this season, with that being said, the Big 10 and especially playing on the road can be a pretty tough road to hoe. I still have my doubts about whether or not the Buckeyes are physical enough in the frontcourt or not. Wesson is 6'10", but he would rather play outside than inside, being physical is not one of his strength's. I hope that I'm wrong, would love to see them continue to play and have the success that they have had so far this season.
They'll win some games they shouldn't, lose some games they shouldn't, win a couple of games in the B1G tournament and end up a 3 seed. Young guys will start hitting 3s again.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Three straight losses against three pretty solid teams.

Next up is a game at Indiana on Saturday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:17 am Three straight losses against three pretty solid teams.

Next up is a game at Indiana on Saturday.
Golly I hope it's not 4 losses in a row, Indiana is always a very tough place to play. The Buckeyes are not playing with very much confidence right now. I hope the kid that just got his appendix taken out is able to return, he does all the dirty work and to me plays harder than any other player on the team.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well when they were #2 I said they were overrated. I said 3 seed. Now they don't even look like an NIT team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I sure hope that they haven't hit rock bottom yet, but they are getting closer each and every game.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm one of the most optimistic people when it comes to the Buckeyes, but this is going down hill. Indiana is a solid team, but not a great team. Buckeyes lose 66-54. Andre Wesson led OSU with 15 points, while Kaleb Wesson posted a 11 point and 10 rebound double-double. Devonte Green had 19 points for the Hoosiers.

Next up is a game they should win against Nebraska on Tuesday in Columbus.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This is terrible to say but when Andre Wesson leads the Buckeyes in scoring with 15 pts, it just shows how much they are struggling to score right now. He normally is not even in the conversation when talking about ability to score points for the Buckeyes. Unforced turnovers by most of there players each and every game has become as much if not more of a problem than there ability to score the ball. If they can't beat Nebraska in there next home game this next Tuesday, then it's even going to be a longer Big 10 season than we imagined.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Buckeyes drop 10 spots this week to #21.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It now looks as if Washington, probably there best 3 pt shooter, is kind of in the dog house for lack of effort especially on defense. Things seem to be spiraling out of control for the Buckeyes after such a great start.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well part of the OSU basketball slide might be highlighted by Holtmann suspending Muhammad and Washington:

From Ozone:
The duo were suspended for “a failure to meet program standards and expectations.”

I guess all is not well in Columbus.

https://theozone.net/2020/01/luther-muh ... -nebraska/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Well the Buckeyes got there head above the water at least for a short time tonight, as they were able to beat Nebraska 80-68, witch just happens to be one of the worst teams in the Big 10. Still a long way to go in the Big 10 season, I'm still not sure that they will be able to compete with the better teams in the Big 10 night in and night out.

Return to “College Sports”