Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/12

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/12

Post by FANOSPORTS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 am I like how you're thinking fan.
I know you like to take one game at a time Bait and yes, respect all opponents but some years the writings are on the wall for all to see and we're both old enough :D that we've watched Woody, Earle, Coop, Tress and Urby have great teams over the years and this is just another in a long line but the Bucks in general and the B10 overall haven't fared too well % wise on the Nat'l title stage when given the opportunity in the last 50 years. Stanford, USC (3x), UCLA, Florida, LSU bowl losses have cost them 7 Nat'l titles and Michigan (11x), Iowa , Purdue and Clemson have cost them chances to play for a title in 14 others during that time frame. Nobody on this site would be talking about any biases if the B10 would have taken care of business in just half of those other 21 games. Michigan had that 1 co-title in 1997 and Penn State/Nebraska have 6 titles in that timeframe but that was before they joined the B10 (I think joining the conference has hurt them). Just my thoughts. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree with you on everything you said basically. Minnesota should be higher. I still don't see how lsu jumped ohio state since they have obliterated every team on their schedule. we trounced a very good Wisconsin and cincy team. but you know what I can see how lsu may have passed ohio state. how do you have a comm. that ranks them number 1. then beat your opponent 73-14 the next week against a big ten opponent and fall. so if ohio state beats Rutgers 83-0. are we going to drop to 3. while the sec teams are playing fcs schools. florida should be eliminated from ANY PLAYOFF discussion, they play 2 fcs schools for pete's sake. like I said before. liberty, liberty, liberty don't even do that.the sec bias is sickening. and sportscenter has turned into an sec joke. I can't even standto watch it anymore, other than when a game is on

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it is for real. and people need to know that. we have 1/4th of the teams in the entire poll. the big ten is weak argument is absurd. look at the golden gophers, undefeated , beat number 4 penn state, and they are 8. you can't possibly tell me they are taking everything into consideration.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just taking the 6 ranked B10 teams out of conference:
* 18-0 non conference wins (1 win against power 5)- Iowa beat Iowa St. by 1 point
* Only 2 wins against current OOC Top 25: Michigan beat ND, OSU beat Cincy
* The only other Major school on anybody's schedule was Pitt who Penn State beat by 7.
* I don't think the other win results would be any different for other top 25 teams had they played Fla. Atlantic, Miami Oh (2x), South Dakota St, Fresno, Ga. Southern, Idaho, Buffalo, South Florida, Central Mich, Kent St, Middle Tenn (2x) and Army as the 6 ranked teams in the B10 did .
* Most that separates FCS schools and lower level FBS schools is money/numbers, not athletes.
* Bottom line: SEC has 3 or 4 contending teams yearly with the Big10, Big12 & Pac12 with 1 or 2 and the ACC with 1.
* I hope the committee gets it right in the final 4 this year so there aren't any blowouts like we've had the last three years in the semi- finals because of $$$ and TV ratings but that won't happen.
:lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”