College Football Playoff Rankings for 11/12/19

Valenth
SEOP

College Football Playoff Rankings for 11/12/19

Post by Valenth »

Heres what the Committee has come up with...

IN...
1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN...
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Utah

8. Minnesota
9. Penn State
10. Oklahoma

Undefeated Baylor sits at 13th.

Thoughts?

Valenth
SEOP

Re: College Football Playoff Rankings for 11/12/19

Post by Valenth »

I think these rankings look pretty fair.

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

LSU is the best team in College Football, Burrows>Fields

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

A lot of things happen depending on the last 3 weeks. The assumption is that LSU, OSU, and Clemson win out. The chance all3 things happen is questionable.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

No qualms with this weeks rankings. LSU earned their number one slot. Clemson is golden. OSU controls their own destiny. Georgia, Oregon, and Bama are interchangeable at four through six. The possibilities of chaos certainly exist.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I think this looks good.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SEC bias 1, 4, 5.
Georgia & Alabama ahead of every other 1 loss team and undefeated Minn who beat the previous #4.
Not just that bias but then you have Florida and Auburn ranked higher than any other 2 loss teams and undefeated Baylor.
Alabama looked terrible at home and drops 2 spots. Penn State loses to an undefeated team on the road and drops 5 spots.
Undefeated Minnesota beats the #4 and only manages an 8 spot, not only behind one loss Alabama & Georgia but 1 loss Oregon and Utah.

I’m not saying I think Minnesota would or could beat some of those teams but they have done everything they have needed to do to deserve that 4th spot.

It is obvious they are setting the SEC up to get 2 spots if at all possible.

My thoughts have nothing to do with being an Ohio State fan. Do I think OSU should have stayed at #1? Yes. Does it really matter at this point? No.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Could be bias but also could be their weak azz schedule they played up until now. Yea they just beat Penn State at home but Sagrin still has them ranked 70th. Only Clemson is one point lower and everybody knows how weak their schedule is. Difference is Clemson has been a proven winner against top teams in years past where Minny don't have that pedigree yet. Yea they are only suppose to go on this year but I guarantee they are thinking in the back of their mind historical performance as part of their decisions. People were saying last year how underperforming Clemson was and all they do is go out and annihilate Bama for the championship. They will give them the benefit of the doubt until they lose.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm SEC bias 1, 4, 5.
Georgia & Alabama ahead of every other 1 loss team and undefeated Minn who beat the previous #4.
Not just that bias but then you have Florida and Auburn ranked higher than any other 2 loss teams and undefeated Baylor.
Alabama looked terrible at home and drops 2 spots. Penn State loses to an undefeated team on the road and drops 5 spots.
Undefeated Minnesota beats the #4 and only manages an 8 spot, not only behind one loss Alabama & Georgia but 1 loss Oregon and Utah.

I’m not saying I think Minnesota would or could beat some of those teams but they have done everything they have needed to do to deserve that 4th spot.

My thoughts have nothing to do with being an Ohio State fan. Do I think OSU should have stayed at #1? Yes. Does it really matter at this point? No.
I agree my friend.
but espn owns rights to the sec conference as well. and we have heard espn stumping for this since week 1. so we all know it's gonna happen. but still 3 pivotal games left for everybody. then conference championships. we'll just have to see what shakes loose.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm SEC bias 1, 4, 5.

I totally agree. While I dont necessarily have an issue with either LSU or OSU being #1/2 in no order, it seems the committee is placing value on past year's results and "eye test". Not facts.

Let me point a few things out:

1.) LSU beat Bama. But how GOOD was the win vs Bama? The teams Bama has beaten still have the WORST winning % in ALL POWER 5. Let that sink in.
So my question would be this: What are LSU's big wins? They hang their hat on a Bama team that we have no idea how good they are because their strength of schedule is horrendous and they play FCS schools upcoming.

2.) How is Georgia 5th? Where is their big win? Notre Dame that was humiliated by ttun? Is that what they are hanging their hat on? A Florida team that is mediocre at best? They lost AT HOME vs South Carolina who was playing a 2nd and 3rd string QB. South Carolina just LOST to APP STATE!

3.) Minnesota and Oregon should at best case be flipped. Minnesota just beat the team the committee ranked 4th and they keep a one loss team over them. Too much previous history coming into play here.

4.) I have a problem with Florida having 2 losses being ranked in front of any team with no loses or 1 loss. Sorry but wins are wins and losses are losses. That is why we keep score.

Bama has 2 cupcakes and a useless Auburn team who has no offense and has been overrated all year. They will win out. What happened to that GAUNTLET they used to run :lol:

LSU plays a junk SEC schedule to finish the year. They win out.

Clemson wins out (I think) even though Wake Forest can score points they play little defense. Not sure South Carolina has it in them to pull off 2 upsets this season.

So that leaves OSU. If they fall to PSU or ttun, it totally opens the debate for Bama or even Georgia to slip in and make it 2 SEC schools in the CFP. I think at this point the committee is saying they like Bama as a one loss team, even though they will not play in the SEC title game (more than likely) over an Oklahoma and Oregon team that could win their conference with only one loss.

LSU, OSU, Clemson hold their own futures.

This keeping these SEC teams with one loss ranked above all over one loss teams, same with 2 losses or 3 losses, just to "strengthen" their shytty schedules is only making this committee look stupid.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree with you on everything you said basically. Minnesota should be higher. I still don't see how lsu jumped ohio state since they have obliterated every team on their schedule. we trounced a very good Wisconsin and cincy team. but you know what I can see how lsu may have passed ohio state. how do you have a comm. that ranks them number 1. then beat your opponent 73-14 the next week against a big ten opponent and fall. so if ohio state beats Rutgers 83-0. are we going to drop to 3. while the sec teams are playing fcs schools. florida should be eliminated from ANY PLAYOFF discussion, they play 2 fcs schools for pete's sake. like I said before. liberty, liberty, liberty don't even do that.the sec bias is sickening. and sportscenter has turned into an sec joke. I can't even standto watch it anymore, other than when a game is on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is for real. and people need to know that. we have 1/4th of the teams in the entire poll. the big ten is weak argument is absurd. look at the golden gophers, undefeated , beat number 4 penn state, and they are 8. you can't possibly tell me they are taking everything into consideration.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Still plenty of time for this to play out.

Sooners are at Baylor and Minny is at Iowa this weekend. These two should clear some of the fog. Oklahoma v Baylor should be Big 12 championship game.

I'd really like to see Oregon v Utah for PAC 12 championship...winner could very well be the 4th team.

Clemson plays Wake this Saturday also. Wake will give 'em a run but the Tigers should prevail.

LSU does have a weak last 2 of 3 games. A&M has played the Tigers hard recently.

Bama is not as good as they have been. Their secondary is weak...running game is not as potent as in previous years.

Gonna be a good last three weeks...get your popcorn ready!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

this will continue to shake up. But. If certain teams continue to win it the committee could be in a tough spot and lots of explaining to do.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

exactly county.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this could well be the year they start seriously stumping for 8 teams in the playoffs.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I keep hearing “it will all play out”. It will play out as much as it can with them controlling a lot of it with how they place the SEC teams ahead of everybody else. Auburn & Florida as high as they are gives LSU, Georgia, Alabama better wins then they should be. #4 Georgia (ridiculous) will pick up a good win over auburn this weekend when we all know Auburn isn’t that good - but they’re building the hype for this game. Alabama still at #5 and they aren't that good, defense is terrible. LSU at #1 without a very good defense, moved ahead of Ohio State by beating an over ranked Alabama team. I think OSU runs all over either of those defenses.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:59 pm this could well be the year they start seriously stumping for 8 teams in the playoffs.
I think the quality teams seriously nose dives after top 4 or 5.

Return to “College Sports”