Valenth's FINAL Playoff Predictions before Bowl Season

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's FINAL Playoff Predictions before Bowl Season

Post by Valenth »

Now that ALL Conference Championships have been played... The dust has now settled... This is what I see in the top 6. This is the rundown of where I think the Committee will go...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

5. Oregon
6. Georgia

I think the "Eye Test" will be the Factor in the flipping of Ranks between LSU and Ohio State... LSU Dominated Georgia the Entire Game... While Ohio State looked a bit off kilter in the first... Then came back in the 2nd Half and put a smack down on Wisconsin.... The ONLY WAY Ohio State stays in 1st place will be that that committee awards Ohio State that has more wins vs Top 25 teams and Ohio State didn't face an FCS opponent like LSU did. I think they will move Oregon to 5th simply because they destroyed Utah and I think Georgia Falls to 6th... But could easily fall as far as 9th or 10th.

Clemson I don't believe moves due to the meh Factor of facing a very particularly mediocre Virginia Team.

With Oregon destroying Utah they offered the Playoff welcome wagon to the BIG XII Champion. Oklahoma

Memphis I believe will be highest ranked Group of 5 Team to play in a New Years Bowl Game...

Thoughts? Let's discuss!
Last edited by Valenth on Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Valenth's FINAL Playoff Predictions before Bowl Season

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Agree. Yep OSU gets Clemson first. (Finally playing someone with a top 3 qb and elite receiving corps) .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think OSU stays #1. The case can be made for both OSU and LSU.

LSU has the best offensive player in the country. OSU has the best defensive player in the country.

I think the schedule down the stretch, the FCS opponent that LSU played....

Take all that and realize OSU is already #1 going into today. I dont see LSU flipping them.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I'm going to say this too:
Wisconsin is a better team than Georgia.

Wisconsin didnt lose to a crap 4-8 team. Georgia did. Wisconsin only lost (twice) to the #1 team in the country and a heartbreaker to a much improved Illinois team that's better than a 4-8 SC team.

Wisconsin is very good offensively and defensively. Georgia sucks offensively and they have against any decent defense. Fromm is no where close to Coan. Fromm is way worse than he was last year and 2 yrs ago.

Georgia has zero Heisman type players. Wisconsin has JT and he is in fact an elite back.

The only reason Georgia was ranked #4 is the SEC bias. I've said all year that Georgia is totally overrated. Today it showed.

I feel better about beating a true top 10 team by double digits than LSU beating a team who was fluffed up in the rankings all year.

I dont care who they play. Clean up the missed tackles and blown assignments and we will continue to win by DOUBLE DIGITS no matter who is on the other side of the line.

Go Bucks

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

1.) LSU
2.) OSU - Clemson
3.) Clemson - OSU
4.) Oklahoma

LSU had the most visually impressive CCG victory and will move to the first seed. OSU and Clemson will be seen as interchangeable by the committee. Oklahoma is the fourth seed by default. While I think you can make an argument for OSU being number one, Fields' mobility issues cast some doubt.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 am 1.) LSU
2.) OSU - Clemson
3.) Clemson - OSU
4.) Oklahoma

LSU had the most visually impressive CCG victory and will move to the first seed. OSU and Clemson will be seen as interchangeable by the committee. Oklahoma is the fourth seed by default. While I think you can make an argument for OSU being number one, Fields' mobility issues cast some doubt.
Georgia was TRASH

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LSU takes over the #1 spot and Burrow wins the Heisman

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am LSU takes over the #1 spot and Burrow wins the Heisman
Burrow probably will win the Heisman. He is definitely deserving. Chase is also. So isFields and JK.

Burrow will edge them out.

No #1 ranked team has won the Natty. That will change when OSU is #1 again today or it will stay the same if LSU jumps them cause OSU is winning it all. You dont want this monster after they heal up over the next 3 weeks.

Penn State, ttun (away) and #8 Wisconsin. Hellofa 3 week stretch and won every game by double digits.

#1 in FPI. Largest scoring margin (by far) of any team. Played 9 conference games. No FCS joke games.

Oh and 5 wins vs current top 25. LSU cant say that. They only have 4.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:34 am I'm going to say this too:
Wisconsin is a better team than Georgia.

Wisconsin didnt lose to a crap 4-8 team. Georgia did. Wisconsin only lost (twice) to the #1 team in the country and a heartbreaker to a much improved Illinois team that's better than a 4-8 SC team.

Wisconsin is very good offensively and defensively. Georgia sucks offensively and they have against any decent defense. Fromm is no where close to Coan. Fromm is way worse than he was last year and 2 yrs ago.

Georgia has zero Heisman type players. Wisconsin has JT and he is in fact an elite back.

The only reason Georgia was ranked #4 is the SEC bias. I've said all year that Georgia is totally overrated. Today it showed.

I feel better about beating a true top 10 team by double digits than LSU beating a team who was fluffed up in the rankings all year.

I dont care who they play. Clean up the missed tackles and blown assignments and we will continue to win by DOUBLE DIGITS no matter who is on the other side of the line.

Go Bucks
Exactly........
OSU was number one coming in and did nothing to change that last night - as a matter of fact they proved to be a champion and found out what they were made of by coming back after being smacked in the mouth and totally dominated a very good Wisconsin team who they have beaten twice now and who is better then Georgia.
OSU with more top 25 wins then LSU and no soft weak non conference schedule, especially a FCS school.
And Ohio State has a clear better average margin of victory than LSU with a better tougher schedule.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The real question is this:
Can Joe B teach Coach Orgeron how to speak English before the first playoff game?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:15 pm The real question is this:
Can Joe B teach Coach Orgeron how to speak English before the first playoff game?
Joe can translate for him :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Moments away

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Dang.

Well. Clemson. It’s on.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bullshyte on dropping to #2. But its redemption time against Clemson and gives OSU edge from being slighted by this committee. Should be a big chip on their shoulder and they play better that way.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Buckeyes got penalized for playing ONE 1/2 of bad football.

I’m not gonna talk all the reasons. It was it is now.

It’s on with Clemson.

Onto the Battle of OHIO

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:25 pm Bullshyte on dropping to #2. But its redemption time against Clemson and gives OSU edge from being slighted by this committee. Should be a big chip on their shoulder and they play better that way.

Agreed. Like i just said. They penalized them for playing a half of bad football. And for goodness sakes. Let’s not raise praise a Wisconsin #8 team in the country. They are a GOOD football team. I hope Wisconsin pulls Georgia in a bowl.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 pm Buckeyes got penalized for playing ONE 1/2 of bad football.

It’s on with Clemson.

Onto the Battle of OHIO
Chase Young will have his way with Clemson's O line. The D line FEASTS on pocket QBs.

I'm not overly concerned with Clemson's running attack against out D. Our defensive backend needs to play lights out and we have to get pressure on Trevor Lawrence which I think they will.

With a healthy Fields, Clemson will have a really tough time slowing down our offense.

Scheduling will come into play in this one as well. We have been battle tested. Clemson hasn't. When Virginia drops out of the top 25 they will have ZERO wins against top 25 teams.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:31 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:25 pm Bullshyte on dropping to #2. But its redemption time against Clemson and gives OSU edge from being slighted by this committee. Should be a big chip on their shoulder and they play better that way.

Agreed. Like i just said. They penalized them for playing a half of bad football. And for goodness sakes. Let’s not raise praise a Wisconsin #8 team in the country. They are a GOOD football team. I hope Wisconsin pulls Georgia in a bowl.
Wisky would drill Georgia in a bowl game. Georgia SUCKS. Only reason they were in the top 4 was to give LSU a better strength of schedule and resume

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

On a side note, ESPN can keep on blowing the SEC. I watched long enough to see the top 4 released and changed it.

Joey Galloway makes me sick. Total sellout puppet.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 pm Buckeyes got penalized for playing ONE 1/2 of bad football.

It’s on with Clemson.

Onto the Battle of OHIO
Chase Young will have his way with Clemson's O line. The D line FEASTS on pocket QBs.

I'm not overly concerned with Clemson's running attack against out D. Our defensive backend needs to play lights out and we have to get pressure on Trevor Lawrence which I think they will.

With a healthy Fields, Clemson will have a really tough time slowing down our offense.

Scheduling will come into play in this one as well. We have been battle tested. Clemson hasn't. When Virginia drops out of the top 25 they will have ZERO wins against top 25 teams.
It should be an easy win then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just going by your infatuation with numbers , stats, etc. all year long). The head to head is all that matters in the end so OSU gets their chance to beat the best qb's they've faced all year long at year end. No excuses.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”