Buckeyes to play Longhorns

jottings
SEOPS H

Buckeyes to play Longhorns

Post by jottings »

Ohio State vs. Texas in Fiesta Bowl Jan. 5.

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Buckeyes to play Longhorns

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Another chance for the Bucks to get a National Television beat down

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Tickets..... :aaaaa32

Fiesta Bowl Site

http://www.fiestabowl.org/index.php/tostitos/

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87743&SPID=10408&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=3628057

Ohio State Bowl Tickets Go On Sale Tuesday for Faculty/Staff/Students

Tickets will be available until 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 8 for all qualified season ticket holders. Season ticket holders were sent a letter with details, prices and potential bowl sites.

Faculty/staff and students will have the opportunity to order online beginning at 10 a.m. Tuesday Dec. 9 and ending at noon Friday Dec. 12.

All orders must be placed online (OhioStateBuckeyes.com). A public sale will take place at a later date if the entire allotment is not ordered by season ticket holders, faculty/staff and students.

And if this fails.... 8)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1311&satitle=fiesta+bowl+tickets&category0=

or

http://www.fiesta-bowl-tickets.com/fiesta_bowl_tickets.htm

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Buckeyes give a repeat 0f 2006!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Colt McCoy wins the Hiesman then gets trashed by the BUCKEYES

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Colt McCoy wins the Hiesman then gets trashed by the BUCKEYES

:aaaaa32 I don't know.....I think it will be Tebow but it will be an interesting game, especially to see how Pryor performs....whether we win or lose. I just look forward to seeing the seniors play one last time.....and perhaps Beanie. :?

Do you think we can get Colt McCoy to do this???? 8)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

one of the best matchups on paper.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I think this is McCoy's game to shine. Baylor has a cheap version of Pryor, and who better to defend Pryor that the man that coached possibly the best dual-threat ever in Mack Brown, so I see Texas being a bit more prepaired than OSU IMHO. OSU has yet to see anything like McCoy this season.

The Buckeye WR's are nothing compared to what Texas has seen all season long, but Texas hasn' seen a RB like Beanie either.

This game will be won up front, and I see Texas being stronger on both sides of the ball.

Who know's though, I picked OSU to beat Florida as bad as they wanted a few years ago, and looked how that turned out.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Tobias wrote:The Fiesta Bowl did not pick Texas Tech or Boise State due to...

...economics.

they did not pick Texas Tech because you can only have 2 teams from the same conference playing in a BCS game,(Oklahoma, Texas) and they didn't pick Boise because they already have one non BCS school in(Utah) Economics has lot to do with it, but in this case not as much as you think.

chssoccer41
Waterboy

Post by chssoccer41 »

texas has played two great teams that put up alot of numbers, but they also give up alot of numbers, texas beat oklahoma45-35, you won the game but still gave up 35 points, ah ah ah. they beat by texas tech 39-34. So with that being said, what defense has texas played all year.

Buckeyes win 24-13

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

osu 10.5 point underdogs o/u 54

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

not the same q.b. in 06.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Texas by,24.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

These OSU seniors HAVE seen Colt McCoy up close and personal. 2006 @ Texas. OSU- 24 Texas- 7

Yea, and he was a Freshman playing only his second game. Colt got a lot better, the Bucks have gotten worse. Mack bitch slaps OSU to try to prove a point that THEY should be playing in the N.C. game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I don't understand your Pryor is a freshman NOW, comment. As far as throwing ability goes, I wouldn't put McCoy and Pryor in the same league. McCoy, as a frosh, was a much more polished passer than Pryor. Name a QB that OSU has seen that is in the same league as McCoy (maybe Sanchez and looked how that turned out). The most impressive win for Pryor this season is MSU. :roll:

Why wouldn't anyone think Texas was the only one to get screwed? Bama lost on a neutral field and was dominated in the 4th quarter. USC, IMHO is the most talented team out there, but they lost to a team that was not ranked at the time. Tech was blown out. Texas lost in the last second on the road. They had a brutal road, unlike any SEC team. I disagree, USC has been more impressive than anyone the past 6 weeks. Oklahoma can put up points, but they can't stop anyone either. USC's defense is the best in the country, and their offense can challenge anyone's.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

As for the USC game, I was not overly disappointed in the defense. OSU's D gave up 28 points b/c the other 7 were from Boeckman. In the process, the offense totaled 91 yards which kept the defense on the field the entire game and never changed momentum.

When USC plays a non-conference game on the big stage, they are as good as it gets. The OSU/USC was one and a good defensive effort from a very good defense would have been pleased with giving up 17-24 points. Well, they gave up 28 and the offense did nothing, so not a terrible effort IMO.

After the OSU/UT game in 2006, Lee Corso was saying that McCoy would never lead Texas to a title. He did look that bad. So, I would say he has come a long way in a couple of years and struggled mightily early on in his second year in the program.

I do not expect OSU to win but I think they can. They need to limit mistakes and the O-line has to show up. Grinding it out can rest the defense and keep McCoy watching the game.

On defense, the D-line needs to create pressure and contain, while the DBs need to tackle in space.

Also, Tim Beckman (former JT assistant and now Toledo coach) held Texas to 28 as the Okie State defensive coordinator. I suspect JT and Beckman will be chatting.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thats why we need a PLAYOFF SYSTEM for college football.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

right on ozzi, we need a playoff system

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Has Texas played a team with a defense all year?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I don't think that there are any defenses in the Big 12...

Return to “College Sports”