Pete Carrol

Peake
SEOP

Pete Carrol

Post by Peake »

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes tonight? If so, how about the special on Pete Carrol and how effective he has become in helping control gang violence by volunteering his time going out into gang infested areas and coaching up the gang leaders. He also goes into different at risk centers and talks to the youth and invites them to USC practices and games.

He is an amazing coach and person.

qualified101
SEO

Re: Pete Carrol

Post by qualified101 »

it was a good piece. i hate 60 minutes but it definitely showed a different side him.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

He is within the top few college coaches that are great coaches, and great men.

Of course Tress is in the top 5 too!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I mean of course, how dumb of anyone to think that a thread could be started about someone who deserves praise, and the name Tressel not be brought up. :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I watched it--the guy does a good job --too bad he is at USC :lol:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

peake wrote:I mean of course, how dumb of anyone to think that a thread could be started about someone who deserves praise, and the name Tressel not be brought up. :roll:

Just because no news service wants to do a fluff piece on Tressel, doesn't mean his
works shouldn't be brought up too.

Anyone know if Tim Tebow does any good deeds, I hadn't heard. :roll:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Les Miles and his players have been helping rebuild New Orleans since Katrina hit. I have yet to see anyone do a piece on him either.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

peake wrote:I mean of course, how dumb of anyone to think that a thread could be started about someone who deserves praise, and the name Tressel not be brought up. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

ImageImageImage

:aaaaa8

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Bleeding Red wrote:He is within the top few college coaches that are great coaches, and great men.

Of course Tress is in the top 5 too!

Since we're on the subject (which was not brought up by me, I might add :lol: , but I will continue the thought), here are a few tidbits of our own Ohio State Buckeye coach Jim Tressel.

http://www.coachtressel.com/coach_tressel/charities.asp?section=tressel

Great site it is....WWW.COACHTRESSEL.COM 8)

http://www.coachtressel.com/index.asp

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Unless this thread was started, knowing someone would bring Tressell's name up?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

85inside wrote:Unless this thread was started, knowing someone would bring Tressell's name up?

Hmmm....perhaps, there's a thought. :aaaaa46

But, again, not by me, :12222 , but it's only logical that the conversation would revert to Tressel when the topic of great coaches and good works would come up on an Ohio board.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The thread was started with a pretty name specific term of conversation.

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes tonight? If so, how about the special on Pete Carrol and how effective he has become in helping control gang violence by volunteering his time going out into gang infested areas and coaching up the gang leaders?

Pretty cut an dry in my mind.

Anyways, how dare I start a thread that might give someone other then Tressel credit for being a good person.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

:idea: Maybe OSU should offer extracurricular activities and scholarships to gang leaders. :idea:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

No OSU just puts them on their roster---Clarrett---sorry had to take the shot

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Nice! That was a good one.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

peake wrote:No OSU just puts them on their roster---Clarrett---sorry had to take the shot

:lol: :lol: :lol:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Of course you took the shot. Again, that is why the thread was started. You knew that there is a raw nerve with OSU fans about being soundly defeated by USC. Again, you arent fooling anyone on these threads.

In the event Ohio State ever goes 3-9 and they dont drop football after that, I will want to start threads taking my mind off of it too. By the way, Pete Carrol was a great person and great coach long before his success at USC.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

What a cop-out.

The special on 60 minutes was a good piece on a great effort by a coach that can
actually walk in and change the lives of young men who would other wise be
killing each other.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Did the people who attacked the thread
actually watch the piece? If so, why not applaud the efforts of Carroll.

If you didn't watch the 60 minutes piece, and this thread prompted you to, then good
it likely accomplished it's task.

You won't find a bigger Buckeye fan on this site than me (both literally and figuratively).
I've learned though over the past couple years reading some fans posts, and over the last 6 months
working around Buckeye fans every day, that the perception of Buckeye fans being both
extremely biased, and extremely fragile when it comes to critics is very true.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I missed it...where did anyone not give any credit to Pete Carrol? I saw one post that semi-dissed USC and another that gave a gang reference but none that dismissed his works. It's logical that when a discussion (thread) is started about a college coach's good works that other fans might include the efforts of the coach they follow. Threads wander off-topic all the time...all the time.....it's only when they wander to OSU topics that some get irritated, which only makes sense that it would happen since the majority of the posters on this site are Buckeye fans. And that also gives credence to the fact that the thread may have been started for that very reason as 85inside stated.
I think it's great what Coach Carrol is doing and even though USC soundly romped the Buckeyes they have always been a team that I loved to watch. I'm looking forward to our game against them next year as much to see them as our Buckeyes.
I'll be rooting for Penn State in the Rose Bowl but I love those USC traditions and I'm very impressed with their team.

Return to “College Sports”