Is the writing on the Wall? Time for a reality Check...

Valenth
SEOP

Is the writing on the Wall? Time for a reality Check...

Post by Valenth »

OK I've seen the previous posts regarding officiating and many are very obvious..

BUT... The proof is in the pudding for the favoritism... For SEC and ESPN! And here is PROOF.

Ohio State vs Clemson... With an SEC Officiating crew...

Overturned a Fumble call that cost Ohio State a score and a 2 Possession lead. .....hmmmmm

LSU did their Business vs Oklahoma but there were some questionable things.... but not enough to determine the outcome.

LSU > SEC > SEC Network... Owned by ESPN...
Clemson > ACC > ACC Network... Owned by... You got it! ESPN...

What network is covering the National Championship? Hmmmmmm..... ESPN!

The Cash Cow is coming home to ESPN... And there is the PROOF that the fix is in...

Don't call me Biased... Call me Fact Giver!

*drops mic*

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Is the writing on the Wall? Time for a reality Check...

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yes. Money to be made is now dictating the outcome to these games.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Valenth wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:35 pm OK I've seen the previous posts regarding officiating and many are very obvious..

BUT... The proof is in the pudding for the favoritism... For SEC and ESPN! And here is PROOF.

Ohio State vs Clemson... With an SEC Officiating crew...

Overturned a Fumble call that cost Ohio State a score and a 2 Possession lead. .....hmmmmm

LSU did their Business vs Oklahoma but there were some questionable things.... but not enough to determine the outcome.

LSU > SEC > SEC Network... Owned by ESPN...
Clemson > ACC > ACC Network... Owned by... You got it! ESPN...

What network is covering the National Championship? Hmmmmmm..... ESPN!

The Cash Cow is coming home to ESPN... And there is the PROOF that the fix is in...

Don't call me Biased... Call me Fact Giver!

*drops mic*
👏👏👏

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's not the NCAA's fault your coach was too stupid to start Joe Burrow

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Officiating, to be charitable, was not good during bowl season. Aside from outrage from fans of losing teams, I have not read about any university or conference representatives storming the NCAA or ESPN offices threatening mayhem or legal action over the fallout of officiating during bowl season. Bottom line is the schools, whether beneficiaries or victims of officiating, are rushing to the bank to cash their checks from ESPN. I know most of you will not agree with me, but Clemson beat OSU, not the refs. The Buckeyes squandered opportunities to bury the Tigers in the first half. State should have been in position where the "bad" calls need not have mattered.
Last edited by Omega on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Reality check says the top half of B10, PAC12 and B12 have a lot of work to do to catch little ole Clemson and the SEC teams with their 13 titles in 14 years and if Blake Sims hadn't thrown 2 interceptions for Alabama inside their own redzone against OSU in the semifinal in 2014 this number would be 14 in a row for Southeast teams. Better hit that transfer portal hard since that is the way to go here lately to keep up with the Joneses.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 pm It's not the NCAA's fault your coach was too stupid to start Joe Burrow
AMEN to that!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:52 pm I know most of you will not agree with me, but Clemson beat OSU, not the refs.
I don't disagree.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Other questionable calls during the OSU/Clemson game... The Roughing the kicker.. It was not the plant leg hit.. . Plus the kicker grabbed the face mask of the Ohio State player which wasn't called. Then when the ball was kicked... No official flagged the Clemson player slamming the Ohio State player by the Face mask? Even the Targeting penalty was questionable.. Especially when Lawrence put his head down. I mean Lawrence is 6'6 or 6'7 and the player who made the tackle was 6' or 6'1?. If you're telling me there's was 3 or 4 officiating calls that didn't determine the outcome of that game.... then I recommend to you watching a replay of that game. Clemson did Beat Ohio State with the help of SEC officials. That's all FACT.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a homer. But there's many calls that wasn't called on Clemson's side... Including this photo evidence of double holding. I'm just trying to give Facts here 😀
Attachments
IMG_20200104_200716.jpg

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

C'mon Val let's don't make excuses now. I thought we were better than that as fans. Maybe inches was right. I agree the replay review screwed up that overturned fumble call but the rest of the game was pretty well officiated imo. Both teams got by with normal stuff that happens every game. There was one running play in the red zone where the end or tackle was clearly holding but wasn't called. Usually the calls even out for both teams. The one they messed up was hard to take and crucial but like many have said the Bucks had plenty of other chances to score and couldn't get it done. Credit for that should go to Clemson. We were on the other end of this back in 2003 according to Miami fans but I actually thought they got that right. The ref took forever to throw the flag that night and I think that was the reason they felt they got robbed. The DB was clearly holding up Gamble.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Valenth wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm Including this photo evidence of double holding.
Where? Pretty fuzzy picture. Looks like shoving and pushing to me. # 5 just got clearly burnt with a burst of speed. Are you saying Clemson wasn't good enough to deserve the win, or what? They played a darn good ball game, IMO. Agree C-BOLT. Inches did say the complaining/excuses would start if & when they got beat. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything yet. Maybe he's laughing and shaking his head in private. :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

You guys are Right... I shouldn't go there. What happened... Did so... Nothing will change that and it's water under the bridge. Ohio State didn't jump on opportunities and it cost them. No matter how we look at it... There's gonna be missed calls in every game. Congrats to Clemson and good luck against LSU... Will be a good physical game.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Sorry.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Valenth wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:54 pmSorry.
Don't be sorry. No biggie. You are just standing up for your team. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not a true Ohio State fan but I was ticked off they got beat by Clemson again. I'm a Big supporter all around, Valenth. I had a feeling poopigan would get beat but I wanted them to win also. Thank God Penn State won playing Memphis. I knew Minny was good most of the season, and proud of them they beat Auburn. Ohio State should be strong again next year. Hold your head up, Valenth. Buckeyes had a good season, and there's always next year to look forward to. The Big needs to get on the ball and win more bowl games in the future. :( :? Embarrassing. :oops:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That's alright Val, you are entitled to your opinion and I know you are frustrated like most of us were that they didn't get it done. I like reading your opinions and usually you're pretty fair, keep up the good work. Trench you're right, BIG had a down year in Bowl games, but they were competitive and could have easily won most of them except Jimmy's boys again :roll: . Even SC told me last night they were a joke. :lol: :shock: Probably why we not heard from inches.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Big competitive but just couldn't get-r-done. Bet ole RK1 is giving crazy eyes Jimmy the boot too. Inches probably has no excuses to put forth on here. :lol: I bet he's had enough too, and probably hating on Jimmy as well. :lol: I don't look for inches anymore till next year per college f-ball opinions. :lol: At least ole inches is honest about things on here. Pretty good ole boy that I can tell. Sorry about your poopigan inches, I was pulling for them. I always do in bowl games.

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

But the big10 started this conference network mess years ago.they were the pioneers of the cash grab or cash cow as you put it,

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Miles Wood wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 pm But the big10 started this conference network mess years ago.they were the pioneers of the cash grab or cash cow as you put it,
That's true and now all the big boys have their own conference network.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Actually the first Major Cash Grab Started with the Television contracts between Notre Dame and NBC and SEC and CBS... Along also with Jefferson Pilot Sports. These agreements were way back into the 90's.. The B1G Network started in 2007.

Mainly B1G ,BIG XII and PAC12 have ESPN, ABC and FOX TV agreements and SEC Has CBS, ABC and ESPN .

Return to “College Sports”