Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall

3sUp
Varsity

Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall

Post by 3sUp »

In what will probably be the most unlikely event this year, Coach Knight returned to Assembly Hall at halftime of the Purdue IU game today and had a touching moment with his former players and the fans. It was great to see no matter what my personal opinion on him was.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall

Post by mattash »

First time hes been back?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cool.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mattash wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:01 pm First time hes been back?
I'm pretty sure that it was the first time back in Assembly Hall in close to 20 years. I read where he did move back to Bloomington awhile back, and had made a few appearances at a few other places also, but had always declined even when offered over the years to come back to Assembly Hall.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I just read on Eleven Warriors that Ohio State will honor the 1960 National Championship Ohio State Buckeyes on March 5th, the Buckeyes last home game of the season against Illinois. Jerry Lucas, Bobby Knight, Mel Nowell, and all the other players that were on that Championship team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know that John Havlicek and Larry Siegfried have passed away, so I'm not sure just how many players we still have from that team ? I've read recently that Bobby Knight has had some health problems, and from watching some highlights from him appearing at Assembly Hall this past weekend, and I hope that I'm wrong, it didn't look as if he was in the best of health to me.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:57 pm I know that John Havlicek and Larry Siegfried have passed away, so I'm not sure just how many players we still have from that team ? I've read recently that Bobby Knight has had some health problems, and from watching some highlights from him appearing at Assembly Hall this past weekend, and I hope that I'm wrong, it didn't look as if he was in the best of health to me.
I have read that Knight is suffering from the onset of dementia which is sad. Knight 's record speaks for itself although lets say he would not survive in today's "woke" society.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:10 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:57 pm I know that John Havlicek and Larry Siegfried have passed away, so I'm not sure just how many players we still have from that team ? I've read recently that Bobby Knight has had some health problems, and from watching some highlights from him appearing at Assembly Hall this past weekend, and I hope that I'm wrong, it didn't look as if he was in the best of health to me.
I have read that Knight is suffering from the onset of dementia which is sad. Knight 's record speaks for itself although lets say he would not survive in today's "woke" society.
I agree with you. Did you see some of the highlights that I may have seen ? The one that I'm referring to was the exchange between he and Dick Vitale, at first I thought that it was probably staged, now I'm not so sure. I'm not a Dick Vitale fan to begin with, but Vitale seemed to kind of be caught off guard a little by Knights reaction. then again I may be completely wrong.

Return to “College Sports”