Two OSU Football Players Charged With Rape and Kidnapping

Omega
SEOPS H

Two OSU Football Players Charged With Rape and Kidnapping

Post by Omega »

Amir Riep and Jahsen Wint, reserves on OSU's defense, have been arrested and charged with rape and kidnapping by the Columbus City Police. This incident will be the first off the field challenge of program integrity for OSU head coach Ryan Day. I know presumption of innocence is required, but ---------.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ng-charges

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Two OSU Football Players Charged With Rape and Kidnapping

Post by Omega »

Well Ryan Day and the OSU Athletic Department took quick and decisive action in the situation by dismissing both accused players from the football team.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... tball-team

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

That’s.a graphic story espn has. Shwooo. Bad enough it happened or being said. Even worse when I think my 9yr old son can read in-depth details like that.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:17 pm Well Ryan Day and the OSU Athletic Department took quick and decisive action in the situation by dismissing both accused players from the football team.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... tball-team
It seems to me as if every off season, we have to collectively hold our breath every year and hope that something bad or negative happens with some of the players, that in some way or the other will affect the next upcoming football season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm That’s.a graphic story espn has. Shwooo. Bad enough it happened or being said. Even worse when I think my 9yr old son can read in-depth details like that.
Agree with you 100%. I don't even turn ESPN on, as I know we are going to hear about it each and every day from here on out. I have been reading about it on Eleven Warriors since yesterday, and I'm like you, I just can't believe how graphic the details have been.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

These accusations are REALLY BAD.... The Athletic department and Coach Day quickly took care of the situation. Sadly these horrific crimes are almost at every single college... Ohio State was transparent and took the swift and correct actions. These two players made the worst decision of their lives... They threw away their futures just like that... With what they're accused of with the detail embarked on the stories.. There two guys deserve the book thrown at them.

Return to “College Sports”