Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season To Resume 10/24))

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Ohio State Off Season All Things

Post by Omega »

Claims That Big 10 University Presidents Have Voted 12-2 Not To Play Fall Football In 2020.

Incoming OSU President reportedly voted with majority.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dan-pa ... efc85rps0p

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
StandFirm
Waterboy

Post by StandFirm »

I no longer recognize this country I live in anymore...................we might as well give up at every turn when faced with a little adversity.

Disappointed in all of us............... :(

You got to want it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

StandFirm wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am I no longer recognize this country I live in anymore...................we might as well give up at every turn when faced with a little adversity.

You got to want it.
I agree. Bunch of woosies. Might as well turn off the lights and let China swoop in and take us over while we are at it.

99.6% recovery rate. And here we are. Unreal.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:09 pm
StandFirm wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am I no longer recognize this country I live in anymore...................we might as well give up at every turn when faced with a little adversity.

You got to want it.
I agree. Bunch of woosies. Might as well turn off the lights and let China swoop in and take us over while we are at it.

99.6% recovery rate. And here we are. Unreal.
Couldn't agree any more Red. There is an interesting article over at the daily mail (uk) from yesterday. It basically says that Sweden got it right by not shutting down schools and other places. They have "flattened the curve" and imho are close to achieving "herd immunity". Pls check out the article for yourself.

This nation has become woosified!!! Thank you Gimmecrats!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

According to the Detroit Free Press, USA Today and other outlets.....1 hour ago

No football for Big 10 in 2020. I just glanced at the report so someone else pls post.

Very sad day....... :(

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

According to Forbes....from unnamed sources....

The PAC 12 will cancel the 2020 season on Tuesday. If all the dominos fall....it will be first time college football schedules have altered since.....1918.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Former Buckeye great Michael Redd in his address to the Ohio State graduates said, "Dare to be Different." Redd also encouraged the Ohio State graduates to "Run Toward the Challenge," and "Never be Afraid of Failure" during his speech Sunday at the Summer Commencement.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well, a twist? No cancel/postpone vote taken? Cold feet after push back?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm Well, a twist? No cancel/postpone vote taken? Cold feet after push back?

Wonder if DFP got it wrong or.......perhaps an unofficial vote??

Anywho, the SEC still wants to play...they are talking with Big 12 and ACC reps about the season. This comes from unnamed sources in both SEC and ACC.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Omega wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm Well, a twist? No cancel/postpone vote taken? Cold feet after push back?

Wonder if DFP got it wrong or.......perhaps an unofficial vote??

Anywho, the SEC still wants to play...they are talking with Big 12 and ACC reps about the season. This comes from unnamed sources in both SEC and ACC.
Probably DFP missed the vote was supposedly about a vote of confidence on health safe guards in place. The play / no play vote is reported to be scheduled for tonight:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The college football season is on the verge of collapse, but Nebraska Senator and former Midland University President Ben Sasse believes that the season can and should be salvaged. Sasse has drafted a letter that he plans to send to all of the Big Ten Presidents, which contains a number of reasons why he believes football should be played during the continuing Covid-19 pandemic. Sasse is arguing that it will be safer for the players to have a football season, due to the structure and discipline of football programs, in addition, it would cut players off from "testing and health care" that the universities could provide for them. He wraps up the letter by pointing out that leadership means being willing to take blame if things go wrong.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Big 10 coaches going to bat for a season. Is it too little too late?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... se-players

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If the Big Ten cancels fall sports, Nebraska coach Scott Frost says that Nebraska could look for other options to play football. Nebraska head coach Scott Frost added fuel to the fire on Monday, saying he believes Nebraska would pursue other options if the conference does elect to suspend football season this fall. Frost said that our University is "committed' to playing football, anyway that we possibly can "regardless" of what anyone else does. If Nebraska "can't" play in the Big Ten, he said they are prepared to look at different options. Nebraska was reportedly one of two Big Ten schools to report it was "comfortable" moving forward with a football season as conditions currently stand along with Iowa.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If they want to go, let 'em. I'd tell them it is permanent. Goodbye $25M from the B1G. Go play C-USA.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If the B1G cancels the season, will Rutgers have a parade? Raise a banner?😳

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State not voting for Big Ten to cancel football in 2020

Up is down. In is out. Left is right:

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/08/o ... night.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State does not expect a Big Ten vote Monday night on canceling football for 2020, but if one happened, incoming President Kristina M. Johnson would vote against cancellation, a university source tells cleveland.com.

As first reported to Buckeye Talk text subscribers, the source says Johnson may favor postponement of the currently scheduled Sept. 3 start of the Big Ten season. However, she is not in favor of cancellation at this time.

That source refutes earlier reporting that Ohio State was one of the schools that would vote to cancel the season. That

Ohio State coach Ryan Day, appearing on ESPN2′s College Football Live Monday evening, echo the sentiments that source attributed to Johnson.

“We cannot cancel the season right now,” Day said. “We have to, at the very least, postpone it and allow us a little bit of time to keep re-evaluating everything that’s going on.

“That’s the reason why we put this schedule together — to have some flexibility. If we need to take a deep breath, let’s take a deep breath.”

Ohio State is not aware of any vote among Big Ten presidents and chancellors scheduled for Monday. The source said reports that a vote has already been held — either Sunday during a conference call or Monday morning — were inaccurate.

Ohio State practiced as scheduled Monday morning. At the same time, reports swirled that Big Ten Presidents and Chancellors were 12-2 in favor of voting to cancel the 2020 season, or perhaps postpone it to the spring.

That set off a day long series of social media posts from Buckeye coaches and players who have steadfastly expressed their insistence that they want to attempt to play this fall. Those expressions contrasted with the earlier reported stance of university leadership, which our source now says was inaccurate.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban said today following reports that both the Big Ten and the Pac-12 are close to cancelling their 2020 college football seasons, that he thought that the student athletes are safer on college campuses with their teammates rather than being sent back home.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

A summary of where we are from LandGrantHolyLand:

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2020/ ... chigan-sec

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Makin cases...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Four Star defensive end Tunmise Adeleye announced that he has decommitted from Ohio State. Adeleye has been recruited very heavenly by Alabama, Florida and Texas A@M as well.

Return to “College Sports”