Ohio State Off Season All Things (2020 Football Season To Resume 10/24))

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ohio State Suspends Recruiting Travel and Recruit Visits

Post by noreply66 »

6' 01" 210 good size back

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Today the Buckeyes got a very big commitment from Tunmise Adeley for the Class of 2021. He's a 4-Star, 6'3" 260lb defensive end from Katy, Texas. He is ranked as the #4 defensive end in the Country, as well as the #41 ranked player in the entire nation. He was being recruited by all the big boys, including Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Texas A@M, Florida, and Texas as well as most of the other top programs. Being that the Buckeyes already have a commitment from Jack Sawer, the #3 ranked defensive end, as well as the 3rd ranked player in the entire nation, this should most certainly give the Buckeyes a pair of outstanding bookends for 2021. This gives the Buckeyes 16 commitments for 2021, witch just happens to be the #1 ranked Class in the Country. Even with this outstanding start for 2021, the Buckeyes are still in play for possibly 4-5 more outstanding prospects yet to come.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Buckeyes added another Key Commitment today as 4-Star defensive back Jantzen Dunn out of South Warren High School in Kentucky committed to the Buckeyes. He is 6'2" 180 lbs, and is rated the #3 ranked player out of Kentucky. He is the 17th commitment for the class of 2021, as the Buckeyes continue to have the #1 rated class for 2021. What's really funny is that this past Saturday night, a lot of the experts had him going to Oklahoma, but in less than an hour they had changed there prediction and were then saying that he had decided to go to the Buckeyes instead. Not only were the Buckeyes and Oklahoma his final 2 choices, but he was also being recruited by all the other Big Boy's as well. This makes the 4th defensive back that they have a commitment from for 2021, but they still might take another one if it's someone that they are very interested in.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read where Jaelen Gill of the Buckeyes will be entering the Transfer Portal. He was a very highly rated 4 or 5 Star local kid ( I think Westerville South ) coming out of high school, and was rated the 30th best overall talent in the Country, as well as the 4th highest rated recruit in the 2018 class for the Buckeyes. He was kind of a Hybrid wide receiver/ running back for the Buckeyes, but for whatever reason just didn't get the playing time that he was looking for. With the talent that the Buckeyes have coming in, some think that he felt that he was just buried on the depth chart, and the fact that he is a redshirt sophomore, with 3 years of eligibility left to play, it would just be better to seek playing time somewhere else. Being that he is a local kid, I really hate to see him transfer, but I also think that he will really help whoever he decides to transfer too. He will probably have to seek a waiver to be able to be eligible to play next year, and being that the one time transfer has yet to be voted on, that's still up in the air.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ever since Kerry Coombs left the Tennessee Titans to return to the Buckeyes to be the defensive back coach as well as the Defensive Cord. he most certainly has not rested on his reputation as a great recruiter. Today he got his first commitment for 2022, also the Buckeyes first overall for 2022, from 4-Star Jyaire Brown from Warren Easton High School in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is the 5th defensive back, all very highly rated that he has gotten a commitment from since returning to the Buckeyes. He was being recruited very heavenly by LSU and Alabama as well as Auburn and a bunch of other SEC schools. The fact that he was born and lived in Cincinnati before moving to Louisiana when he was 4 years old may have been a factor in him wanting to return and play for the Buckeyes. Even though he is only a sophomore right now, he is rated as the 16th best defensive back in the country. The Buckeyes only offered him this past Friday, but he said that this was the offer that he was looking and hoping for, as well as the fact that he could not wait to be coached by Coombs.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm pretty sure that football fans and Buckeye fans especially will be watching the NFL draft tonight. I'm pretty sure that it will be shown on ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 Network at 8:00 pm. There is a very good chance that three Ex Buckeyes, Joe Burrow, Chase Young, and Jeff Okudah will all 3 be chosen within the first 1-5 picks. Of course you never know what some of these NFL teams are going to do right up to the last minute, proposing trades in addition to trading down and trying to get additional picks later on. Some of the Experts even think that J.K. Dobbins and Damon Arnett could possibly be drafted late in the first round, or at least in the 2nd round. Quite a few of the other Buckeyes will hopefully have there name called within the seven rounds of the draft. I'm pretty sure that tonight only the 1st round will be held with around 32 picks selected, while tomorrow night Rounds 2 and 3 will be held. On Saturday starting around noon, Rounds 4-7 will be held to conclude the draft. Of course the draft will look a lot different this year than in past years, in the fact that the players and fans will not really be at the draft location.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After securing there first commitment for 2022 Wednesday night, tonight the Buckeyes got there 2nd commitment for 2022 from 4-Star Tegra Tshabola, a 6'6" 320 lb offensive tackle from Lakota West High School in West Chester, Ohio. He is rated as the 2nd best prospect out of the State of Ohio, as well as the 6th rated offensive tackle nationally. He was offered in November of last year, and said that the Buckeyes were the school that he was hoping that he would get an offer from, as they had begin talking to him even when he was a Freshman.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It was a very good night all around for the Buckeyes last night at the NFL draft. It was also a record setting night as far as the draft was concerned, as it was the First time in the draft history that 3 players, who played at the same school, had then been selected 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with the first 3 picks of the draft. I'm pretty sure that about everyone around this area got there wish when Joey Burrow was selected with the 1st pick by Cincinnati, followed shortly by Chase Young being picked 2nd by the Washington Redskins. The Detroit Lions then selected Jeff Okudah with the 3rd pick. And added bonus in the first round then occurred when the Las Vegas Raiders then picked Damon Arnett with the 19th pick. I'm really hoping that mayby J.K.Dobbins will hear his name called tomorrow evening as the 2nd and 3rd round will take place.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Overall I thought it was another pretty good night last night as far as the NFL draft was concerned. The Buckeyes had another 4 players selected in the 3rd and 4th round. After 3 rounds were concluded in the past 2 nights, in witch 106 players were selected, the Buckeyes have had 7 players drafted. ( 8 if we could still claim a small part of Joey Burrow, being that he did graduate from OSU ) J.K. Dobbins was the 55th player selected in the 2nd Rd by the Baltimore Ravens, Davon Hamilton was then picked by Jacksonville in the 3rd as the 73rd player picked, then just a couple picks later Jonah Jackson was the 75th player chosen in the 3rd Rd by the Detroit Lions. As the 3rd was beginning to wind down, linebacker Malik Harrison was then the 2nd Buckeye player selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the 3rd Rd and the 98th player picked. The final 4 rounds ( 4-7 ) will conclude tomorrow starting at noon, I'm still hoping that maybe 2 or 3 more Buckeyes might be drafted in the final 4 Rd's.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With the 2020 NFL draft just winding up a short time ago, the Buckeyes did have 3 more players drafted in the final 4 Rd's of the draft. Jordan Fuller went in the 6th Rd to the Los Angles Rams with the 199 pick. K.J. Hill the fine receiver for the Buckeyes was then selected in the 7th Rd by the Los Angles Chargers as the 220 th pick. The Detroit Lions will probably not be making a lot of the Michigan fans very happy, as they then selected there 3rd Buckeye player in this years draft, by then selecting Jason Cornell with the 235th pick in the 7th Rd. That means that the Buckeyes did have 10 players drafted in this years draft. ( I still think they should at least be able to claim a part of Joey Burrow. Lol ) I still think that maybe 4 or 5 other players will sign Free Agent contracts with some of the teams as well. It wouldn't surprise me if that starts happening even today, and the rest of the weekend.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

As I said just a short time ago as the NFL was concluded, that I thought that 4 or 5 Buckeyes would start signing Free Agent contracts, it even started quicker than I thought it would. I see that Rashad Berry has signed with New England, that Branden Bowen has signed with Carolina, that both Austin Mack and Ben Victor have signed with the New York Giants, and Lian McCulloug has signed with the Las Vegas Raiders. I'm pretty sure that Robert Landers will end up signing with someone, but has not yet done so. It can be done in very few cases, but it is so hard 99% of the time for Free Agents to be able to make a teams roster, I really root for some of these kids as they continue to chase there dream of playing in the NFL.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Today the Buckeyes got there 3rd commitment for the Class of 2022 from 4-Star C.J. Hicks of Dayton Archbishop Alter. He is 6'4" 215lbs, and is rated the 3rd best Sophomore in the State of Ohio. The Buckeyes are right now recruiting him as an outside linebacker, being that he is only a sophomore, by the time he gets to OSU, they are projecting him to possibly end up at 240-245 lbs. He already has 28 offers as a Sophomore, including Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, Texas A@M, Tennessee, Michigan State, Miami of Florida and quite a few of the other major colleges.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read where the Buckeyes got there 18th commitment for the Class of 2021 from Jesse Marco, an Australian punter. He joins a long list of former Australian punters in recent years, including former Buckeye punter Cameron Johnston who I'm pretty sure is now the punter for the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read today where Nate Meyer, Urban Meyer's son has decided to forgo his baseball career at University of Cincinnati, and instead has decided to join the football team as a walk-on. He has known Coach Luke Fickell for a number of years, and will probably be trying to gain some playing time as a wide receiver. He did play football and baseball in school at Bishop Watterson.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:37 pm Just read where Jaelen Gill of the Buckeyes will be entering the Transfer Portal. He was a very highly rated 4 or 5 Star local kid ( I think Westerville South ) coming out of high school, and was rated the 30th best overall talent in the Country, as well as the 4th highest rated recruit in the 2018 class for the Buckeyes. He was kind of a Hybrid wide receiver/ running back for the Buckeyes, but for whatever reason just didn't get the playing time that he was looking for. With the talent that the Buckeyes have coming in, some think that he felt that he was just buried on the depth chart, and the fact that he is a redshirt sophomore, with 3 years of eligibility left to play, it would just be better to seek playing time somewhere else. Being that he is a local kid, I really hate to see him transfer, but I also think that he will really help whoever he decides to transfer too. He will probably have to seek a waiver to be able to be eligible to play next year, and being that the one time transfer has yet to be voted on, that's still up in the air.
I posted about a month ago the fact that Jaelen Gill, a very highly rated Local kid out of Westerville South had submitted his name into the Transfer Portal, well he has decided to transfer to Boston College and play for recent Buckeye coach Jeff Hafley. For whatever reason he just didn't get to play that much with the Buckeyes. I still think that he is a very talented player, and should be a great addition for Boston College.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Buckeye Wyatt Davis, a returning Guard for the Buckeyes has been named the Most Valuable Guard in all of college football for the upcoming 2020 season by Pro Football Focus. After a very dominant season as a Redshirt Sophomore in the 2019 season, it should not have been a surprise at all that he was chosen as the best Guard returning for the 2020 season. Center Josh Meyers is also being mentioned as possibly one of the best if not the best center in all of college football.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Buckeyes today added another key piece to there #1 ranked class of 2021 by getting a commitment from 4-Star athlete Denzel Burke. He is a 6'1" 190lb cornerback from Arizona Powerhouse Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is the #4 ranked player in the State, and has played receiver as well as cornerback. He's about the 4th defensive back that the Buckeyes have gotten a commitment for in 2021, but if the right player would happen to be available, I can see them even going after maybe one more defensive back. He was being recruited by most of the major schools, but had named a final 5 schools including USC, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado as well as the Buckeyes. This makes the 19th commitment for the 2021 class, witch also just happens to be the Top Ranked Class in the Country. I can still see them taking another 5 or 6 players and finishing out this Class with about 25 commitments. He is the 3rd player from the State of Arizona to commit to the Buckeyes in the last 2 classes, including QB Jack Miller and defensive back Landon Ramson in this years class.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I guess that it should not be a surprise at all with the way that Chase Young has racked up award after award this past football season, that today he was also chosen as the Male Athlete of the year at Ohio State.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Not really about recruiting news, but a few days ago Former Ohio State Fullback Dionte' Johnson's shoe store, Sole Classics, was damaged and looted during the Columbus protests this past Friday night. Multiple Videos surfaced on Social Media that showed people breaking into Johnson's store and stealing numerous items. Johnson was a team Captain in the 2004-2007 years for the Buckeyes. He has 2 business locations in the Columbus area, one on North High Street and the other in Dublin on Sawmill Road.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:23 pm Not really about recruiting news, but a few days ago Former Ohio State Fullback Dionte' Johnson's shoe store, Sole Classics, was damaged and looted during the Columbus protests this past Friday night. Multiple Videos surfaced on Social Media that showed people breaking into Johnson's store and stealing numerous items. Johnson was a team Captain in the 2004-2007 years for the Buckeyes. He has 2 business locations in the Columbus area, one on North High Street and the other in Dublin on Sawmill Road.
Well being that I just posted about a Former players ( 2004-2007 ) business being damaged and looted, it only seems fair that I would post about a current Buckeye player, Wide Receiver C.J. Saunders being detained and arrested by the Columbus Police Monday evening. He was arrested around 10:45 PM in the campus area after an earlier protest had recently been dispersed. This past Saturday a 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM curfew city wide had been put into effect. I'm pretty sure that he was released early Tuesday morning after posting bail. I'm also pretty sure that he wasn't the only person arrested. Saunders is a 6th year Senior who is still awaiting word from the NCAA as to whether or not he will receive an additional year of eligibility. He was voted a team captain last year, even though it seems as if he has been beset by injuries a big part of his career as a Buckeye. He is regarded as one of the top leaders on the team.

Return to “College Sports”