Rematch

fightingtigers45
S

Rematch

Post by fightingtigers45 »

LSU and Alabama win out...Oklahoma State loses and Stanford loses...Make it six.

S-E-C.

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Rematch

Im going to go all Herbstreit on everybody and go ahead and say it...

Do not vote against a rematch just because it is a rematch.

If LSU and Alabama are the best teams in the country, they deserve to play for title.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

No Way If you dont win you League you dont get a title shot imo

fightingtigers45
S

Is it Alabama's fault they lost in overtime to the #1 team in the country? Can you penalize them for the league being so great?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

It is their fault they were within 35 yards of the end zone 5 times and came away with nothing.

If OSU and Stanford lose, then I'm on board, but Bama shouldn't jump those two without one of them dropping.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Yea its the same thing as 06 when OSU and Michigan played

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not that sold on Bama being that good. They have a defense that is really good and an offense that is a one man show. If you force Bama to throw they are not a great ball team.

I will say this, if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game, and there is a choice between Bama and Boise, who do you go with?

Unless you win your conference you shouldn't have a shot to play for a NC.

I remember Bama rolling everyone being undefeated and getting beat by Florida in the SEC title game, only to get rolled by Utah in their bowl.

There is a lot of season left to play, and I think people are selling Stanford short. They play smash mouth ball too. I would love to see Luck v that LSU defense.

How about Oklahoma beating Oklahoma State and winning their conference? SHould they get a shot or would Bama still be considered better?

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

peake wrote:I am not that sold on Bama being that good. They have a defense that is really good and an offense that is a one man show. If you force Bama to throw they are not a great ball team.

I will say this, if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game, and there is a choice between Bama and Boise, who do you go with?

Unless you win your conference you shouldn't have a shot to play for a NC.

I remember Bama rolling everyone being undefeated and getting beat by Florida in the SEC title game, only to get rolled by Utah in their bowl.

There is a lot of season left to play, and I think people are selling Stanford short. They play smash mouth ball too. I would love to see Luck v that LSU defense.

How about Oklahoma beating Oklahoma State and winning their conference? SHould they get a shot or would Bama still be considered better?
I have to Agree here with you peake very nice

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I do not see the rematch as long as OK St and Stanford are undefeated. I still would not be surprised if LSU loses a game before the BCS. Seems like a lot of this is brought up to hype up the SEC over everyone else. Much like the Best Game of All-time/Game of the Century/Game of the Year talk before the game. Which it did not come true.

Stanford and Ok St are beating everyone they play. Just because their defense is not as good as LSU or Alabama but each of their offenses are a lot better. The object of the game is to outscore the other team. Would be something if LSU gets beat in the SEC title game. Then both of them would not have won their conference.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:It is their fault they were within 35 yards of the end zone 5 times and came away with nothing.

If OSU and Stanford lose, then I'm on board, but Bama shouldn't jump those two without one of them dropping.
Completely agree. I thought Saban blew it.

My point is...it is not their fault that the best team in the country is in their conference. They would win every other conference.

fightingtigers45
S

Again....if Oklahoma State and Stanford lose...

LSU and Alabama win out...

There is no way anyone else can claim they deserve to be there and have a better case than Alabama. Make it six.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I think Oklahoma

fightingtigers45
S

VegasEagle wrote:I think Oklahoma
Lost to an unranked team at home.

Bama lost in overtime to the best team in the country.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dont want to see another field goal fest again!!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I wouldnt go as far as saying LSU is the best team in the country if bama had a kicker they win easy. All im saying is if LSU goes up against a team that can throw the rock around being a Okla St., Oklahoma, maybe a Stanford they might be in for a long day just saying

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

VegasEagle wrote:I wouldnt go as far as saying LSU is the best team in the country if bama had a kicker they win easy. All im saying is if LSU goes up against a team that can throw the rock around being a Okla St., Oklahoma, maybe a Stanford they might be in for a long day just saying
LSU has already smashed two of the best passing teams in the country. The problem with these spread teams is that they are too soft on the defensive side of the ball. Those small speedy defences in the Big 12, and the Pac 12 just can't take that SEC "smash mouth" brand of football. It's also hard to pick a team apart with the pass when the QB is lying on his back. Old school football rules! It may not be entertaining to the typical impatient football fan who wants to see a touchdown scored on every play. However, to us violent natured football fans, smash mouth football presents the ultimate struggle of wills.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

If you can't win your conference you shouldn't be in the NC game. All these people who don't want a playoff because the regular season is like a playoff. Well if the regular season is like a playoff than Alabama lost their playoff game and their out. These same people who don't want a playoff rank a one loss team ahead of two undefeated teams, if they want the regular season to mean so much than make it, you lose your out.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wouldn't have any interest in watching a rematch of that game this season.

If Ohio State - Michigan isn't worthy of a rematch from '06, I don't ever see a case of a rematch happening in a BCS Title Game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Florida and Bama met in what 08, and both were undefeated, Bama lost and went onto a bowl instead of the NC like they should have (then got stomped). Same applies.

Lets not make the SEC into this dominate force no one can compete with. Didn't Auburn beat Oregon by a FG last year? Not like they beat them by 50.

Anyways, a lot of football left to be played.

I do love the hypocrisy of the national media though. The Big Ten has parody and the are weak, the SEC has it and they are full of great teams. Hilarious.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

If Alabama,LSU,Ok St and Stanford all lose and Boise St is still undefeated shouldn't they have a spot in the BCS Championship Game? Instead of the rematch. Also if the BCS Game is about money how many sponsors want to pay for a game of FG's.

Return to “College Sports”