TOSU and Alabama Schedule Home and Home Games For 2027 and 2028

Omega
SEOPS H

TOSU and Alabama Schedule Home and Home Games For 2027 and 2028

Post by Omega »

Big news in the world of college football as Bama and OSU agree to a home and home football game series in 27 and 28.

Who knows what the college football scene will be in seven years. The Buck and Roll Tide programs may not be relevant at that time and big time future game contracts more often than not get cancelled for various reasons. Still the potential for some great games between the two schools exist.

From OSUbuckeyes.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio – College football heavyweights Ohio State and Alabama, who gave the country one of the great games in post-season history the last time they met in the 2014 College Football Playoff semifinals at the Sugar Bowl, have scheduled a home-and-home football series for the first time with games set for the 2027 and 2028 seasons.

The Crimson Tide will play its first game in Ohio Stadium Sept. 18, 2027, while the Buckeyes will return the invitation in 2028 by traveling to Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Bryant-Denny Stadium for a game on Sept. 9 of that year.

Ohio State now has six nationally significant home-and-home series scheduled with Power 5 teams in the next 12 years: versus Oregon, Notre Dame, Washington, Texas, Alabama and Georgia.

Upcoming Power 5 Series

2020 – at Oregon
2021 – Oregon
2022 – Notre Dame
2023 – at Notre Dame
2024 – at Washington
2025 – at Texas
2025 – Washington
2026 – Texas
2027 – Alabama
2028 – at Alabama
2030 – at Georgia
2031 – Georgia

“We’d like to thank University of Alabama Director of Athletics Greg Byrne and Senior Deputy Director of Athletics Finus Gaston, who worked so hard with us to get this series scheduled,” Diana Sabau, Ohio State Deputy Director of Athletics, said. “Building a non-conference schedule with tradition-rich programs is important to the competitive excellence of our program and the department, and it is great for our fans. We are excited for both schools and pleased to be able to share in this announcement today with the University of Alabama.”

The two programs have been at the top historically as well as in the College Football Playoff era, with eight combined CFP playoff appearances, three national championships – Ohio State won the inaugural CFP championship in 2014 while Alabama won in 2015 and 2017 – and the best records over the last 100 games with Ohio State at 91-9 and Alabama tied with Clemson at 90-10.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ohio-stat ... s-alabama/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: TOSU and Alabama Schedule Home and Home Games For 2027 and 2028

Post by VetteMan »

This is a big deal in a lot of ways, in particular because very rarely will you ever see any of the best SEC teams be willing to play some of the better teams in the country unless it's at a neutral site. I would also be surprised if this was not also the first time that they have ever scheduled and played a home and home series. Playing in September the weather should be pretty good for both games, you will very seldom ever see the SEC teams play an away game in bad weather conditions, unless its in a domed stadium somewhere.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:45 pm This is a big deal in a lot of ways, in particular because very rarely will you ever see any of the best SEC teams be willing to play some of the better teams in the country unless it's at a neutral site. I would also be surprised if this was not also the first time that they have ever scheduled and played a home and home series. Playing in September the weather should be pretty good for both games, you will very seldom ever see the SEC teams play an away game in bad weather conditions, unless its in a domed stadium somewhere.

I believe Roll Tide has played at Penn State in the fairly recent past and goes to Wisky in 2024. These games if played will be good for college football fans, but the way the playoffs are currently structured, one loss could knock your team out of contention. Over scheduling can be as bad as playing FCS teams on chicken sh*t Saturday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pretty much agree with what you are saying, and yes it has happened in the past. I can't remember the year, but I think the Buckeyes did schedule and play at LSU a few years ago. It seems as if it's just common every year that most of the SEC teams schedule there regular cupcake games late in the season. Agree about the 1 loss affecting most of the teams as far as the playoffs are concerned, but most years that doesn't always hold true with some of the SEC teams. A loss by an SEC team to another SEC team sometimes is just as good as a win if we listen to the Media spin it. I know that the SEC has some very good teams most years, but you hardly ever hear about some of there average teams like most of the conferences have.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

go bucks bama .....

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

It is just good to have a little actual college football news.!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 pm It is just good to have a little actual college football news.!
I agree completely with what you just said.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I hope I am still alive by then.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bolt, I was thinking the same thing when I seen this on the 6 news. There's a good chance I'll be dead by then.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Not only do the Buckeyes have a home and home games scheduled with Alabama in 2027 and 2028, but in the next 7 seasons they also have home and home games scheduled with Notre Dame, Texas, Oregon and Washington.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:57 am Bolt, I was thinking the same thing when I seen this on the 6 news. There's a good chance I'll be dead by then.

Ya got tons of fight left ya in trench.

Just keep diggin !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:03 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:57 am Bolt, I was thinking the same thing when I seen this on the 6 news. There's a good chance I'll be dead by then.

Just keep diggin !!
I hope your right, County. Haven't been feeling too good lately. 7 to 8 years is a long way off.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:02 am

Just keep diggin !!
I hope your right, County. Haven't been feeling too good lately. 7 to 8 years is a long way off.

Guys from “ the hill “ don’t go down easy.

We will resume this talk game week of the OSU/Bama game 2027

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:02 am

Just keep diggin !!

Guys from “ the hill “ don’t go down easy.

We will resume this talk game week of the OSU/Bama game 2027
:lol: Ok, I hope. :lol: The Hilltop passed away, and just a good memory. :lol: With my luck, I'm not far behind. :lol:

Return to “College Sports”